MN USA
17161293-38C5-44DE-AEFE-BE6DAC039AEE.jpeg

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Not sure how old that is, but Evolv DNA boards have a 1 year warranty. Although not sure if it covers juice damage. If not they do sell just replacement screens for $12.

Scroll down, it's the second item on this page.
EVOLV - Home
BOO
YA!

Thanks! U rok!

UPDATE: replacement screen $14 with shipping. Just ordered it. Simple, easy. :D Didn’t even bother with trying to finagle the warranty.

Last edited:

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
BOO
YA!

Thanks! U rok!

UPDATE: replacement screen $14 with shipping. Just ordered it. Simple, easy. :D Didn’t even bother with trying to finagle the warranty.
Bummer on the original post ... but then, that's a very reasonable price for a replacement screen, Yay!

I hope it is a straightforward process doing the replacement itself.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Bummer on the original post ... but then, that's a very reasonable price for a replacement screen, Yay!

So do I. The mod is uncommon so I doubt there’s much in the way of tutorials. Also it’s made of plastic so it’s going to be either really easy snap out or nearly impossible gluing. I should probably take some photos and post them when I do it.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX

It's just a simple ribbon cable. Disassemble the mod to get to the board, find where the ribbon connects. There should be a little tab to lift up on and the old one just slips out. Slip in the new one and press the tab back down and reassemble the mod. Just make sure to insert the new on in the same direction.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
It's just a simple ribbon cable. Disassemble the mod to get to the board, find where the ribbon connects. There should be a little tab to lift up on and the old one just slips out. Slip in the new one and press the tab back down and reassemble the mod.
Yah. I’m not worried about the board. I’ve dealt with that kind of connector cable before. It’s the opening up the device that’s unknown territory. There are 6 torx screws of unknown size to take out which gives me some hope.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Yah. I’m not worried about the board. I’ve dealt with that kind of connector cable before. It’s the opening up the device that’s unknown territory. There are 6 torx screws of unknown size to take out which gives me some hope.

Ahh. Well as long as it's screwed together and not glued you should be golden.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Hmmm... why exactly does everyone seem to love that I broke the screen on my vape I wonder?

No idea. Seems pretty bad to love other's misery.

I was thinking though, if that is juice damage, when you have it apart you might look for places you can squeeze a bit is silicone sealant to prevent it from happening again.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
No idea. Seems pretty bad to love other's misery.

I was thinking though, if that is juice damage, when you have it apart you might look for places you can squeeze a bit is silicone sealant to prevent it from happening again.
I think it was impact. The glass is cracked. Thing was totally fine when I stuck it in my jacket pocket and went out to blow out the drive. Pulled it out after and there’s a big crack running through the center. There’s no protective shield over the screen. It just hangs out there. Gonna look at putting one on when I do the repair though. There’s a nice handy bevel around the opening I can fit it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread