Status
Not open for further replies.

Possum64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Hmmm... why exactly does everyone seem to love that I broke the screen on my vape I wonder?
You funny wombat! We don't 'love' that your screen broke. There is no symbol that says 'that really sucks, but we are thinking of you and hope you can find a solution' :wub:

Old Greybeard

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2018
Cumbria
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Hmmm... why exactly does everyone seem to love that I broke the screen on my vape I wonder?

There is no really sad icon :(.

Was it really cold outside? If the mod had been dropped or bashed at some point previously, the thermal shock could have been too much.

Get yourself some small trays for when you are disassembling your mod, so that all the innards don't roll across the table or be knocked off by pets. If you have some styrofoam, that makes a great medium for pushing small screws into, and you can group them by where they came out. Double sided tape can also be used for this. A mobile phone "spudger" is also useful, if parts of the case are snap fit in places. BlueTak is useful as well, you can put a dab on the screwdriver head and drop the screws into awkward places.

Do the repair if possible in a place without nylon or wool carpets, any static discharge can potentially fry the electronics. If you are feeling really paranoid, use an earth strap.

Take copious photos and notes.

Good luck :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I just broke my drone screen yesterday. Really need to think about putting a protector over it.

Easy repair though and scrrrns are cheap. Shouldn’t be an issue as long as you have the right driver heads.
:/ well that’s too bad. The fix does seem to be easy. I wasn’t aware it was a separate part. Figured I’d have to replace the pcb, and on this device the pcb is like 90% of the cost of the device.

I got a full set of torx bits so I’m not worried about those. Worst comes to worse I can jam some chewing gum or something in one of the holes and take it to the hardware store to get the right bit size. My only worry is that they glued something down and I’m going to have to play Dremel games getting it open and then have to figure out how to close it up again. The problem with glue is it’s often structural. You can’t just leave things open you have to reglue them again. Epoxy putty maybe. Cross that bridge when I come to it.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
What mod is that anyway?
Vapecige VTX200TC squonk. It’s basically a boxer made using actual cast plastic that’s colored all the way through for 1/3rd the price. Hard to beat better quality and lower price at the same time. Do wish it had a cover over the screen though. Oh well. I know to fix that now.

• Love
Reactions: Letitia

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Gnarrgh! Just got an email from evolv saying the replacement screen is an age restricted poduct(?!) and that I have to go through their age verification system which claims my age is not correct (more?!?!) so apparently they can’t process my order.

Someone is getting an earful come Monday :-x

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
Gnarrgh! Just got an email from evolv saying the replacement screen is an age restricted poduct(?!) and that I have to go through their age verification system which claims my age is not correct (more?!?!) so apparently they can’t process my order.

Someone is getting an earful come Monday :-x
Sorry, I called them and told them you were 14 year old nerd trying to hack together a DNA driven Juul in your mother's basement, to sell to the cool kids in your junior high. Should I not have told them that?

• Winner
Reactions: Eskie

Bolivar

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2014
Surrounded by cows and wheat
... My only worry is that they glued something down and I’m going to have to play Dremel games getting it open and then have to figure out how to close it up again...

According to WECSOG (Wile E. Coyote School of Gunsmithing) "There is no problem that can't be made worse with a Dremel". I would suppose mods are in the same realm. Good luck.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
There are currently at least 3 US vendors with Lost Vape 250C Drones in stock.....BTW
My understanding is they won’t be released for 19 more days. I suppose it’s not impossible, but I suspect it more likely that anyone ordering an “in stock” mod will experience strangely slow shipping times totaling a bit over 2 weeks.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
My understanding is they won’t be released for 19 more days. I suppose it’s not impossible, but I suspect it more likely that anyone ordering an “in stock” mod will experience strangely slow shipping times totaling a bit over 2 weeks.
Lost Vape Drone BF DNA250C 200W Mod
Drone BF DNA250C Mod by Lost Vape
Lost Vape Drone BF Squonk DNA250C Mod
They have them and ready to ship.
I suspect the "large" orders made by vendors were shipped first, but don't really know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread