Not open for further replies.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
Thanks, I appreciate it.

I actually consider myself very very lucky. It's my brother that got the raw end of the stick. He was diagnosed 4 years ago and is in the advanced stages. It was because of him that my wife and I started to look deeper into my own issues. Bombastinator, keep an eye out for stuff like: having difficulty with things (math, forming sentences, etc.) that use to be easy, but mainly (big problem for me) pushing long term friends (and family) away. I became very distrustful and could not figure out why. Also repeating yourself, which I think everyone does, but thinking that the person is playing a cruel joke on you when they tell you, "you told me this 10 minutes ago". That's so odd to me, and even now I still sometimes don't believe them.
It's horrible when you can't trust your brain anymore, isn't it? Mine is slipping from MS--which is why I took up vaping, in fact--and when I'm smacked in the face with an instance of its decay it scares the bejesus out of me. But, hey, we got my JAC to work, so we can't be all that far gone, eh?

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Also repeating yourself, which I think everyone does, but thinking that the person is playing a cruel joke on you when they tell you, "you told me this 10 minutes ago". That's so odd to me, and even now I still sometimes don't believe them.

It's horrible when you can't trust your brain anymore, isn't it? Mine is slipping from MS

My wife has MS as well, so I can definitely relate. Only she has the opposite problem from Skeebo. Instead of repeating herself she will swear that she told me something that I know good and well she never did. Of course this causes the occasional argument when I don't do something that I was never asked to do.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
My wife has MS as well, so I can definitely relate. Only she has the opposite problem from Skeebo. Instead of repeating herself she will swear that she told me something that I know good and well she never did. Of course this causes the occasional argument when I don't do something that I was never asked to do.

I'm sorry to hear this Zazie.

You, I, and Bronze certainly tagged teamed that JAC, it never stood a chance!

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
It's when you're sure of something that you need to be the most suspicious.

That might be good advice for everyone, come to think of it.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
How is it working out for you? That is the same box I got the triade in... It made me feel special.
I posted a review on the thing vs the slightly cheaper vtx200 squonk. The biggest feature I wanted: a protected screen, wasn’t there. I wouldn’t necessarily call one better than the other though they do have individual advantages and disadvantages.

A new one just cropped up actually. The VTX uses torx screws that are smaller than t6. This means you need a specialty bit set designed for things like cell phones to open it. One cost me $14 shipped which will get me down to t2. Repair cost so far goes up to $28

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread