Not open for further replies.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Dear Deejarinos:

As a first time customer, and one of those weirdos who has "PG issues", I was a little puzzled by the ratio options when I ordered. To the one extreme I saw 100% PG, and on the other end of the scale I saw 90%VG/10%PG - and I thought "whaddup wid dat?" :blink: That led me to believe on the high VG end of things you were still committed to adding 10% PG no matter what, so I put a 'lil note in the comments box on my order: "Please don't do that!" Please.

I don't know how I missed it but I only saw it tonight the first time, prolly because it's alllll theee waaaayyy dooowwwnn at the bottom of the main page. So moving that stuff to a FAQ page might be a good idea. That's usually were us people with "PG issues" go hunting for that kind of info. Anyway, it says there:

You may notice that the highest VG you can get is 90%. Why is that? Well, it's deej's attempt to be truthful. You see, none of the flavorings used in any offering uses VG as its carrier. They're all either PG-based or Triacetin-based. We're still trying to figure out the correct wording to indicate that the PG/VG ratio applies ONLY to the additional liquid... the liquid used to dilute the flavor and nic down to the point of vapability.

If you want the MAXIMUM VG used, please state that in the Order Comments. It won't be 100% VG, but it'll be as close as we can make it!

:blink: Ok, that only leaves us - at least the me is us version - still confused. Is 90% VG maximum VG or is maximum VG something else? And if the 90% option is maximum VG then why am I asking them to please do more maximum in comments?" Like I said: :blink:

If this helps, this is how I see a lot of places handling it that makes sense to us "PG issues" folks:

100 VG: Means exactly that. Or rather it means there is no PG in there at all. For people with PG allergy the absence of PG is what matters, so "100 VG" implies that there is no PG in a liquid to be exposed to. I've seen a couple people who shall remain nameless (because I'm feeling nice right now) quibble over that point. "No liquid can be 100 VG because even if there is added water then it's not 100 VG." Talk about not seeing the forest for the trees...

We know non PG flavorings are the exception. If you really wanted to grab the folks with severe PG allergy who cannot tolerate any PG - at all - the only practical way to help those folks out is to put up a FAQ list of what few flavors in your line would produce a PG free liquid. Not a lot of places are committed to doing that list, even though they may only have a dozen or less flavorings that are PG free.

HIGH VG or MAX VG: That means to us what you are trying to get across. (I think - lol) The base liquid and nic will be 100 VG based, but flavorings may contain PG as a carrier. However it means no additional PG is added. On purpose.

That's where your 90% VG/10% PG option is confusing, because it implies you are adding 10% PG to the liquids - on purpose - beyond what may be in the flavorings. If what you mean by 90/10 is Max VG or High VG you can please drop calling it the 90/10 option.

The people I know who have PG allergy fall into these two broad categories: The unfortunate few who are severely allergic to even the smallest amount of PG, looking for 100 VG only liquids. (Interchangeably inferred to be 0 PG liquids. Again, the lack of PG is the point in this case.) Or the rest of us - like me - who can tolerate the amount of PG used as a flavoring carrier, but want no PG added on top of that. Pointing out anything you have that will produce a PG free liquid will help the severely allergic. Giving us a High VG or Max VG option (We view those terms as interchangeable.) on your drop menu makes sense for the rest of us.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Digimon2k

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2010
Sweet Home Alabama
www.deejstuff.com
e. So moving that stuff to a FAQ page might be a good idea. That's usually were us people with "PG issues" go hunting for that kind of info. /QUOTE]

It actually is on the FAQ (which I just renamed to actually include "FAQ" in the title).

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...aqs-sqlurgles-zreemips-such.html#post12057116

Oh... I'm reasonably certain I can add the Max VG option in the pulldown. I'll try and get this done soonest, but I will be a bit busy what with all the orders 'n' stuff...

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
e. So moving that stuff to a FAQ page might be a good idea. That's usually were us people with "PG issues" go hunting for that kind of info. /QUOTE]

It actually is on the FAQ (which I just renamed to actually include "FAQ" in the title).

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...aqs-sqlurgles-zreemips-such.html#post12057116

Oh... I'm reasonably certain I can add the Max VG option in the pulldown. I'll try and get this done soonest, but I will be a bit busy what with all the orders 'n' stuff...

Now you're just messin' why my head, right? It wasn't there yesterday? (I think...) lol :p

Anyhoo - certainly no rush. I just found that VG section when I logged in tonight and thought I would give you the :2c: about how it makes the most sense to us folks seeking out high VG liquids and what the terms typically mean to us.

Last edited:

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member