Wet hits and reduced flow fix Nautilis X

Status
Not open for further replies.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
I did a search for threads about the Nautilis X to see if anyone faced the issue I was having. Clogged airflow and wet slurps.

Not like completely clogged but definite reduction in flow and flavor with a broken in coil pack. Pardon me if it was covered and I'm duplicating the subject.

So if anyone else is plagued by this a simple fix is roll up a sliver of paper towel starting at about an 1/4 inch wide. Twist it down into the top of the chimney. Carefully push it in a little further than twisting will allow it to go. Let sit a few minutes.

Viola!!! Much much better. It seems over time the liquid ends up remaining in the U channel and unlike the bottom flow kind, blowing on it doesn't solve the issue.

Hope this helps out a Nautilis X fan. I love that tank for its leak free nature but after 3 or 4 days was having a devil of a time getting a drag wide open when it started about 25% open on day 1.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
The proprietor told me it's a 60/40, 50/50 device. My first tank was about 80% of 50/50 tobacco, 20% of a 70/30 strawberry and a few drops of max pg (83%) butter pecan almond tobacco that is very potent. I figured it was about 55/45 or so.

I read on a Nautilis X thread at a British site that 50/50 would end up flooding the chamber more readily but 70/30 would not.
My second tank has been 100% 70/30 tart strawberry. Less wet hits, less chamber flood so far. But I'm supposing the fine mesh wick may clog more readily with the thick stuff.
So far so good.

I take short drags so all of my tank chambers tend to flood. I've changed to a slower, more methodical drag and that has helped. Better flavor too. So once the strawberry is gone I'll go back to a 50/50-55/45 mix and see how that works.

Next day edit:
Day 2 of a 70/30 in the X. Eh, a wee bit of muted flavor is vaping 3-4 small puffs in a minute. But that first drag sure is tastey. I'd say a longer tip would do better. Perhaps a 15-25mm in length versus the supplied (10?) one. But on the Rover X it's all about stealth.

If you can find the right size bendy straw I suppose, trimmed to length it would look cute poking out of a shirt pocket fastened to a Rover kit. I trimmed an Avail sampler tip and placed it over the suppiled X to add a few mm's. Adds lip-grip as well.

IMG_20180819_140918.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread