What’s differences between what’s in esalt versus traditional ejuice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    I wanted to make this simple as possible and there’s more knowledge about traditional ejuice that’s been used much longer than esalt nicotine ejuice.
    Each brand and flavor may be different so for simplicity why not compare non flavored esalt juice with non flavored traditional ejuice?
    Is the only difference of each type of juice just the type of nicotine?
    Also are esalts nicotine made from chemicals only or made out of tobacco extracts?

Reactions: stols001

untar

Vaping Master
    Feb 7, 2018
    Germany
    The main difference, that all salts share, is that salt nic has less throat hit, enabling you to vape much higher levels than you otherwise would be able to.
    There's not only one salt, as salt simply means the nic got protonated (or a hydrogen nucleus added if you prefer that). This can be done with different kinds of acids, hence different kinds of salts. A problem with that is that nicotine is more readily absorbed by the body in its alkaline form (charged particles don't go through cell walls well), so in theory salts should hit slower.

The company that makes the juul (pax labs) claims to have found a solution to that so that in the process of vaping the nic returns to a more alkaline form. All I know is they use benzoic acid (patented).
    Maybe other manufacturers also have introduced their own "tricks".

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I use nic sals also at a fairly reasonable percentage (18 mg/ml) and use them largely because my throat was a mess when I got here, and I couldn't handle a throat hit. Nic salts are also said to ev more bioavailable more quickly although I noticed little difference (although I was going from a 1:1 freebase to nic salts.

Everything else in nic salt juices is the same. Nic salts aren't "magic or special" really, although many folks do prefer them. You can even use nic salts in sub0hm devices at the correct nic strength although most salt manufacturers of juices don't trend to make them in a low percentage they tend to be marketed to pod mods or the MTL crowd as something "new and different."

They are simply freebase converted by acids to be in a different state . There is certainly no harm inn trying them, although if you are doing well with freebase, you may not need to. If you need less throat hit they may be for you,. Just make sure they are tailored to the strength of your device, and keep an eye out for nic overload when you first use them.

Best of luck,

Anna

untar

Vaping Master
    Feb 7, 2018
    Germany

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Gosh, I had no idea about that. LOL, maybe when I step down in nicotine, I will try some of my freebase. I THINK my throat has recovered, as I approach OMG a year cigarette free (minus that one cigarette I smoked recently, that put me off cigs for life). I'm not counting it because a) I could not finish it and b) I think it really helped me advance on my vaping journey, it was THAT BAD. LOL. Now when I see my husband stroll to his "dual use" table, I think, "Have fun with that buddy, HAVE fun. LOL."

God, the taste got trapped in my dentures forever. I literally returned to the inside and announced, "How did I used to smoke 90 of those a day, how am I not DEAD?" Heh.

But good info @untar, I had no idea about that. :) Thanks for the info...

Anna

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    Read what Nude Nicotine says about their salts.

Nicotine Salt Solutions - Nude Nicotine

As for the difference between freebase nicotine and nicotine salts, there is none outside of the character of the inhale.

None.

You don't absorb salts (as they are made today) any differently than you do freebase nicotine, I've used both.

What is different about salts is the character of the inhale - meaning you can vape a higher nicotine percentage in your ejuice when smooth salts are used - thus, get more satisfaction out of a lower powered MTL device where your vaping far less ejuice per day.

You can do one of two things, you can vape a higher nicotine percentage of ejuice and just vape way less (1 - 2 ml per day) or you can vape regular freebase nicotine at lower percentages but vape a larger quantity (5 -15 ml per day or more)

Salts just make a lesser consumption still just as satisfying as the higher but without tearing up your throat.

Let me try to give example here..

Someone vaping a juul, for instance, is going through about 1-2 ml per day of 45 mg nicotine ejuice.

Someone vaping at lower wattages might go through 5ml per day of 12 - 18 mg nicotine ejuice

And someone vaping at higher wattages might go through 10 - 15 ml per day of 3mg or 6mg juice.

So your comparing daily consumption amounts.

Juul = 45mg - 90 mg per day.
    Lower wattage vaping = 60mg - 90 mg per day
    Higher wattage vaping = 30 - 45mg per dayif using the 3mg juice to 60 - 90mg per day if using the 6mg..

The daily consumption of nicotine is fairly well identical in all cases... it's just how much ejuice you want to consume in order to get the same amount of nicotine..

And since the purpose of vaping is ultimately to get nicotine, some people just prefer a lower consumption with the same nicotine effect and to be honest that is likely the healthiest option.. just my opinion that though..

Last edited:

Janusz

ECF Veteran
    Feb 22, 2018
    Illinois, USA
    And since the purpose of vaping is ultimately to get nicotine, some people just prefer a lower consumption with the same nicotine effect and to be honest that is likely the healthiest option.. just my opinion that though..

I think purpose of vaping is not just to get nicotine... I smoked for 43 years (a pack a day or sometimes more)... I tried to quit many times using nicotine patches and nicotine chewing gum... I failed every time... for me purpose of vaping is more complex than nicotine delivery method... for me purpose of smoking was also not only nicotine effects (although I find those effects beneficial) but a way to relax...take a break or in the past ....socialize... it is strong habit... you have to do do something when you want do nothing or you feel guilty of lazziness or you feel bored...

• Agree
    Reactions: stols001

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    I think purpose of vaping is not just to get nicotine... I smoked for 43 years (a pack a day or sometimes more)... I tried to quit many times using nicotine patches and nicotine chewing gum... I failed every time... for me purpose of vaping is more complex than nicotine delivery method... for me purpose of smoking was also not only nicotine effects (although I find those effects beneficial) but a way to relax...take a break or in the past ....socialize... it is strong habit... you have to do do something when you want do nothing or you feel guilty of lazziness or you feel bored...

I was a two pack a day smoker as well for 32 years.. and certainly the hand to mouth habit and the imitations of smoking is why vaping works where other NRT's fail..

But whether you vape low powered devices or high, your assuaging those other two habits equally..

Low powered devices don't mean you vape less often, they are just low powered drags so they don't consume the same amount per drag as do the higher wattage devices..

There is less vapor in the low powered devices per drag, but that is the only real difference. That and airflow...

Now someone needing more airflow per drag might not feel as satisfied with a lower powered device... but of course the experience of it is what is necessary for knowing this about one's self.

Today's lower powered devices with higher nicotine juices are more efficient than similar devices in the early days of vaping.

Janusz

ECF Veteran
    Feb 22, 2018
    Illinois, USA
    I was a two pack a day smoker as well for 32 years.. and certainly the hand to mouth habit and the imitations of smoking is why vaping works where other NRT's fail..

But whether you vape low powered devices or high, your assuaging those other two habits equally..

Low powered devices don't mean you vape less often, they are just low powered drags so they don't consume the same amount per drag as do the higher wattage devices..

There is less vapor in the low powered devices per drag, but that is the only real difference. That and airflow...

Now someone needing more airflow per drag might not feel as satisfied with a lower powered device... but of course the experience of it is what is necessary for knowing this about one's self.

Today's lower powered devices with higher nicotine juices are more efficient than similar devices in the early days of vaping.

I agree about your nicotine consumption calculations...the only disagreement was about ultimate purpose of vaping...Yes, for many people.. particularly smokers...nicotine delivery can be ultimate purpose of vaping but some people reduce nicotine to 3 mg or even vape e-juice w/o nicotine...and still enjoying vaping... some people who never smoked start vaping and they do it for other purposes than nicotine delivery. As I said before I am not against nicotine because nicotine has many well documented health benefits... saying that ultimate purpose of drinking coffee or tea is delivery of caffeine also is stretch...but of course I hate decaffeinated coffee :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread