1686153384364.png

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    The accessory I would miss the most is the KFL pin I use to work on the deck without emptying out the tank. I only have one and by the time I went looking for a backup they were off the shelves at C de V. I did grab one from FT but it was a different size.

Detroit Doug

ECF Veteran
    Oct 18, 2015
    Detroit
    The accessory I would miss the most is the KFL pin I use to work on the deck without emptying out the tank. I only have one and by the time I went looking for a backup they were off the shelves at C de V. I did grab one from FT but it was a different size.
    I was jusssst going to post the same thing. I was taking the pic of one of my Kayfil Tools! You beat me to it!

Tool.JPG

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    I had a '65 Camper that I lived in for 5 - 6 months, back in the early 70's.

I've had a few Transports in my younger days.

One was a 72 "Pop Top" that I bought to do an Summer 3 Month Trip up the coast of CA to Oregon. And then on to Washington. Some Great Times. And some Adventures that looking back are Almost Unbelievable.

I wish I had never sold that Bus.

Detroit Doug

ECF Veteran
    Oct 18, 2015
    Detroit
    I've had a few Transports in my younger days.

One was a 72 "Pop Top" that I bought to do an Summer 3 Month Trip up the coast of CA to Oregon. And then on to Washington. Some Great Times. And some Adventures that looking back are Almost Unbelievable.

I wish I had never sold that Bus.
    Life was so much simpler back then.

The big question of the day was, do I walk down and brush my teeth in the public drinking fountain, at the beach, in the morning, or do I walk down, and fill a container, and bring it back to the camper?

Depended how many people were at the beach in the morning.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Life was so much simpler back then.

The big question of the day was, do I walk down and brush my teeth in the public drinking fountain, at the beach, in the morning, or do I walk down, and fill a container, and bring it back to the camper?

Depended how many people were at the beach in the morning.

Ah God Yes. I hear ya.

I was living on the boat after that summer. And this was the view from my deck chair.

980313-006.jpg

I remember how they cornered me after a series of Inopportune breakdowns (which V-Dub's are famous for!) and said how I needed Reliable Transportation. How someone in a Leadership Role at work had to set an Example.

And how they all Smiled when I sold (gave away for Karma Points) the Bus for that New Generation Camero with that Corvette Drive Plant. Only to watch as it Kicked Off 10 Years of DMV Dysfunction alla CA 22349's and Multiple CA 22152(a), (b) and even a (c) or two.

Yeah... Sitting over front wheel of a Transport and watching the Speedo Needle Dance at 60 were Simpler Times. Something I would trade Many Tomorrows for a couple Yesterday (ala Janis) in a Heartbeat for.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread