ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I wasn't kidding

GICWyg6.jpg

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
Robino, if you want to get really really puzzled, I suggest to consult these 2 very interesting statistics:

- average life expectancy per country
- smoking prevalence per country

wikipedia has them but feel free to google around.

Look for European countries (some are very heavy smoking) vs. US.

Also some eye opening comparisons like Cuba vs US to see how the maligned "commies" under embargo are faring.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
A part of me is so incensed that I am actually bordering on activism on behalf of smokers.
I am so thoroughly disgusted and angry about how they have made me feel about being a smoker when I was one. I have so much more sympathy and empathy for those that are still smoking. I want to open their eyes also to what is going on. If they only knew :cry: all the lies that have been purported as being truth.

This sentiment pleases me much.

I say I am a dual user. I say this proudly. And yet, last pack I purchased was in Jan. of this year, and pretty confident it will be into April before I even consider getting another. Pack I have now is so stale it holds very little appeal (read as nearly zero). Been a good 7 days since I last smoked (a stale cigarette).

Anyway, I kinda hope for as long as there is war on vaping and it is based off of FSPTCA that I call myself dual user even if I am not an active smoker (as in haven't had one in say 6 months). I feel this strongly about the issue. I'd rather take all the political hit points that go with being labeled smoker than distance myself from that and think vaping is somehow going to give me a magic bubble to escape the ANTZ among us. So, what I'm clearly saying here is I identify as dual user because of the politics around vaping. Not the sole reason, but a reason I for sure see as justifiable and good practice going forward.

I don't get why some smokers are anti-vapers, but then again when I was only smoker, I can't say I was way different. Though do recall being one who went cold turkey (for 8 years) and really really disliked anti-smokers at that time.

The vapers' fight is the smokers' fight, though updated. I dislike when vaping politics positions itself in such a way to say, "hey we aren't like smokers. We escaped that disgusting dirty habit. We overcame that evil. Please treat us differently." I do understand how a fellow vaper could support that message, I really do. But don't understand how any vaper thinks ANTZ is going to be persuaded by that, and treat you differently. That strikes me as very naive, wishful thinking. Moreover, it strikes me as saying ANTZ was exactly right about one thing, but are arguably wrong about this other thing. I just assume attack ANTZ at the core, on smoking issues, and distract them from anti-vaping rhetoric. Like a full on war to take back smoking rights. I realize that ship has sailed, but as a propaganda war, not really. Was the war on a certain substance now legal in several states over when the propaganda in the early 1900's took over to make that seem like it was horrible to even engage in that? Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

CLEARLY, they (ANTZ) lied to get what they wanted, and those lies deserve to be exposed, for then the whole vaping propaganda war can be put in far better perspective. Otherwise, we will continue to show up as propaganda war against smoking was justifiable, and then also show up as: pretty please, with sugar on top, don't use those same tactics against vaping. I mean, Mr. Antz, I'm not an evil smoker, so surely you'll treat me differently even while I tell you that I enjoy nicotine, in this form, right? You'll do this for me, right Mr. Anti-nicotine zealot? Ya know, cause you're so reasonable, and all.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
The best you can do is put him on ignore or 'virtual ignore' (iow, don't respond), but in an active forum there will always be new members showing up that don't know the game being played, or some who want to engage for the sake of communicating, who wrongly believe they can change the person's mind when the actual game is disruption not discussion.

I wondered why people keep responding to him -- I guess they want to be as disruptive as he is! Because responding to him AT ALL is a total waste of time.

Maybe if EVERYONE ignored him, he'd go away.

Andria

Alto101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2012
North Carolina
I wondered why people keep responding to him -- I guess they want to be as disruptive as he is! Because responding to him AT ALL is a total waste of time.

Maybe if EVERYONE ignored him, he'd go away.

Andria

I feel like I need to reply since many new users visit this forum and might take his opinions as representative of all of us. I know that nothing I write will change his opinions but I feel it is necessary to present my opinions to help balance the conversation out.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I feel like I need to reply since many new users visit this forum and might take his opinions as representative of all of us. I know that nothing I write will change his opinions but I feel it is necessary to present my opinions to help balance the conversation out.

I guess that's true... I just make it a firm policy to never engage in a battle of wits with the unarmed. ;)

Andria

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
If anything it demonizes e-cigs as a non effective nicotine replacement therapy. The Woman smoked for twenty years and continued while using the e-cig, only to quit e-cigs and continue smoking. E-cigs had nothing to do with her medical problems at all, smoking since the age of 13 did.

This is a concern to me. I smoked for 42 years. I had medical smoking related conditions prior to quitting using e cigs 4 years ago. When I die I am sure there be complications from smoking however since I have and will continue to vape will my demise be listed as vaping related? I think this is a new ANTZ false statistic to use in the future.

Alto101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2012
North Carolina
This is a concern to me. I smoked for 42 years. I had medical smoking related conditions prior to quitting using e cigs 4 years ago. When I die I am sure there be complications from smoking however since I have and will continue to vape will my demise be listed as vaping related? I think this is a new ANTZ false statistic to use in the future.

Very good point! It is my understanding that they are very "creative" with how they assign deaths due to smoking. If they want to demonize vaping, I bet they will be equally as creative.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
After further reflection, I was able to think of another group...
Pedophiles.

I'm not sure which group is lower in the social strata.

But you are forgetting, smokers are doing something that is still legal. They are still buying something that you can get at any gas station and most stores.

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
Very good point! It is my understanding that they are very "creative" with how they assign deaths due to smoking. If they want to demonize vaping, I bet they will be equally as creative.

I have heard there are about 500 successful suicides per year related to Chantix. I am sure they count them as successful quitters. After all they did stop smoking.

CarolT

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2011
Madison WI
What smokers need is a lawsuit against the government for its funding and endorsement of deliberate scientific fraud. The anti-smokers commit flagrant scientific fraud by falsely blaming smoking for diseases that are really caused by infection. For example, they ignore more than 50 studies which show that human papillomaviruses cause at least 1/4 of non-small cell lung cancers. Smokers and passive smokers are more likely to have been exposed to this virus for socioeconomic reasons. And because the anti-smokers' studies ignore the infection, they're cynically DESIGNED to blame tobacco for all those extra lung cancers that are really caused by HPV. And they commit the same type of fraud with every disease they blame on tobacco, from heart disease to multiple sclerosis, everything.

HPV Causes Lung Cancer
The Surgeon General Lies About Cancer
The Surgeon General Lies That Smoking Causes Heart Disease

And the same guy, Jonathan M. Samet, ring-led the Surgeon General Reports, the EPA report, the IARC report, and the ASHRAE report, and he was until recently the chairman of the FDA Committee on Tobacco! He and his politically privileged clique exclude all the REAL scientists from their echo chamber. That's how they make their reports "unanimous!"

For the government to commit fraud to deprive us of our liberties is automatically a violation of our Constitutional rights to the equal protection of the laws, just as much as if it purposely threw innocent people in prison. And for the government to spread lies about phony smoking dangers is terrorism, no different from calling in phony bomb threats.

ALL prior attempts to challenge smoking bans, etc. have been doomed to failure, because they never attack the scientific fraud. As the anti-smokers smugly sneer, "Courts are quick to find that smoke-free legislation is rationally related to a legitimate government goal, since they have long held that protecting the public’s health is one of the most essential functions of government."

BUT THIS "PUBLIC HEALTH" PRETENSE IS IN ACTUALITY A LIE AND A FRAUD! I have spent more than 25 years compiling the evidence for this case against the government, et al., which is on my website, smokershistory.com. And the evidence continues to mount every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread