What a difference on the other side of the Atlantic...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javichu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
Said it once and said it twice,government and healthcare should subsidy part of the cost of a vaping starter kit for people that smoke.

If you are a smoker you and on one those days you visit your doctor the doctor should ask you if you smoke, answer is yes he should then hand you a pamphlet with the ins and outs of vaping.

If you chose to try vaping you are then given a card or stamp or whatever that gets you a discount in your local vape shop.

That is of course if the patient can't seem to quit cigarettes by himself,if they can quit cold turkey hey good for them but vaping should be considered a legitimate way to quit smoking.

Each time i read about the problems you folks going thru in the US it really pains me what hoops you have to jump thru so you don't go back to smoking.

Best wishes go out to you guys,hope one of these days the higher ups finally come to their senses.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Yeah... It's like we in the US are Living in some Weird, Draconian Parallel Universe.
They are drinking the koolade, zoiD. That's the only think that makes sense. I have never seen such hatred from a group of people who is suppose to govern. And I am not just talking ecigs. It encompasses everything. So glad I am retired and can't be forced to do anything I don't want to.

So how are you doing these days? Its been a while.

:)

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
... I have never seen such hatred from a group of people who is suppose to govern. And I am not just talking ecigs. It encompasses everything. So glad I am retired and can't be forced to do anything I don't want to.

So how are you doing these days? Its been a while.

I think People see the System as Not having any Guardrails anymore. Where Anything can be Weaponized us against them style.

There used to be Lines that couldn't/shouldn't be crossed just for the sake of Headlines. Or just for Personnel Gain. Because what was Good for Country came First. Those Lines have become Very Hard to Find Today.

Maybe that would be OK if those same People saw the System as getting Better? So they could use an End Justifies the Means logic to Excuse the Blatant Partisanship. But the System Isn't Getting Better. It's getting Worse. And has been for a Long Time.

And a Growing Majority in Both Parties view it as just as Political Theater put on to Get Votes. Or to Take Votes away from Someone Else. But Not Benefiting the Individual.

---

Me, I'm doing OK. 6's and 7's with an occasional 5 thrown in to Keep me Honest.

Got my 2nd COVID-19 Shot yesterday. And feel a like 1/2 Azzed Today. But Glad to get it Done.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I think People see the System as Not having any Guardrails anymore. Where Anything can be Weaponized us against them style.

There used to be Lines that couldn't/shouldn't be crossed just for the sake of Headlines. Or just for Personnel Gain. Because what was Good for Country came First. Those Lines have become Very Hard to Find Today.

Maybe that would be OK if those same People saw the System as getting Better? So they could use an End Justifies the Means logic to Excuse the Blatant Partisanship. But the System Isn't Getting Better. It's getting Worse. And has been for a Long Time.

And a Growing Majority in Both Parties view it as just as Political Theater put on to Get Votes. Or to Take Votes away from Someone Else. But Not Benefiting the Individual.

---

Me, I'm doing OK. 6's and 7's with an occasional 5 thrown in to Keep me Honest.

Got my 2nd COVID-19 Shot yesterday. And feel a like 1/2 Azzed Today. But Glad to get it Done.
Lets just say that those who are accusing others of the things they say are effecting this country are actually the ones who are promoting most of the hate and division.And dammit--it is working. I see zero effort at unity. Firing people up(where no problem existed) without wanting to have all sides come together to discuss issues is just a farce. Spending all this fake money to fix something that was not broken only serves to keep us under their thumbs(no real help to the people--they just want us to pay for it).

I no longer recognize our country and feel the rest of the world is laughing(as they should be) at the foolishness of it all.

I guess I should stop now before I get in trouble.

I have yet to get my covid shot. My reasons are my health issues and the fact that my sister has had seizures with hers. I spoke to my Dr and she said it was ok if I did not get one. I am basically a hermit these days anyway and follow the masking and six foot rule. Some would probably say I am selfish for not getting one but not all people are alike. I suppose if I was working and around multiples of people I would think differently.

BobbyV

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2011
Dallas Texas
Governor Abbott wants a bill from the Texas Legislature that would allow anyone to carry a handgun without the need for a permit or training. If passed, it will be harder to get e-juice or replacement coils then to buy a 357 S&W Magnum and a box of hollow point bullets. Unreasoned behavior seems to be the norm.

There is no force on earth more powerful than a teenager trying to get his or her hands on a vape pod.

• Informative
Reactions: mintymints

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    A report published by WHO’s tobacco regulatory committee specifically targets open-vaping which allows “the user to control device features and liquid ingredients”.

The argument put forward by WHO is that people are able to add dangerous substances to these vapes in making them more harmful.

Governments worldwide have reportedly been issued with the recommendation which will be discussed later this year at a conference in Glasgow.

IF UK is so vape friendly, then why host such a conference to begin with. Proper reaction from should be "GT:censored:O, conduct your conference in the USA if you wish".

Open vaping ’may be banned for millions of Brits as part of new WHO plan'

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    A report published by WHO’s tobacco regulatory committee specifically targets open-vaping which allows “the user to control device features and liquid ingredients”.

The argument put forward by WHO is that people are able to add dangerous substances to these vapes in making them more harmful.

Governments worldwide have reportedly been issued with the recommendation which will be discussed later this year at a conference in Glasgow.

IF UK is so vape friendly, then why host such a conference to begin with. Proper reaction from should be "GT:censored:O, conduct your conference in the USA if you wish".

Open vaping ’may be banned for millions of Brits as part of new WHO plan'

No one can stop tabloids from printing clickbait headlines. Nor can anyone stop the WHO from making arguments against vaping.

You can just choose what headlines or articles you read for information. I myself prefer this one:
    WHO Wants To Ban Vaping?

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    No one can stop tabloids from printing clickbait headlines. Nor can anyone stop the WHO from making arguments against vaping.

You can just choose what headlines or articles you read for information. I myself prefer this one:
    WHO Wants To Ban Vaping?

Unfortunately, articles don't have disclaimers like "this is bull:censored:". :lol:
    But I will keep that in mind when I come across dailystar articles in the future. I may even just block them entirely on my browser.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Governor Abbott wants a bill from the Texas Legislature that would allow anyone to carry a handgun without the need for a permit or training. If passed, it will be harder to get e-juice or replacement coils then to buy a 357 S&W Magnum and a box of hollow point bullets. Unreasoned behavior seems to be the norm.

There is no force on earth more powerful than a teenager trying to get his or her hands on a vape pod.

Texas is actually vape friendly. The only regulations coming down on us are from the feds. There's no flavor bans or excise taxes. There are indoor bans, but that's based on local laws, not state. Teen problem is the same here as everywhere. That's not going to change as long as you have teenagers.

Reactions: Falconeer

ppeeble

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 9, 2013
    Poole UK
    It's beyond comprehension the vitriol aimed at vaping in the US. It woud be easy to say 'follow the money' but even that doesn't justify or explain the draconian measures currently in play. . . I think it's just the fact that vaping has been made into a political agenda. Everyone trying to prove that they 'care' more than their rivals and all based on hearsay and half-truths. It's showmanship and vaping is the scapegoat.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread