What About SNUS Nicotine Extraction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TribbleTrouble

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
Rio Rancho, NM
Has anyone tried extracting Nicotine from SNUS? I'm not sure how much Nic is in each pouch, but it would seem to me that since it is dissolvable tobacco, it might be easier to extract the Nic from it. Anyone else tried this? :confused:

From doing my own reaserch, it looks like the standard pouch has about 4 mg of Nic per pouch. The only other issue, I think, would be filtering out all of the plant matter in the pouch and separating the Nic from any oils associated with the extraction. I think I'm going to try to make a small batch today to see if it will work.

Last edited:

TribbleTrouble

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
Rio Rancho, NM
I'd love to extract nicotine, but unfortunately we have no way to test anything we produce to determine how much nicotine is extracted, or what form it's in.
Short of a chemist taking this up, I think we're stuck buying from the suppliers on this one.

Going by everything I have read so far about SNUS, the average amount of nic per SNUS pouch is 4 mg. So you can therefore assume (keyword) that if you wanted to make a liquid at say 24 mg per mL, you would need 180 pouches. You would also have to reduce the solution to about 5-10 mL to mix with the PG or VG to make a 30 mL bottle. I know it sounds time consuming and complicated, but I still wonder if it will work. If we lose our e-liquid to a ban, I want to have as many reliable recipes as possible, regardless of the effort involved. I'm going to test it out, and I will report back later with my findings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread