Travel and Vaping What actually can we put in carry on bags without any problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwv651

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
Castle Rock, Colorado
Sorry I haven't read many threads on this subject. I'm working double hours at this time, just to make this trip. I'm leaving for Denver to Chicago for 2 weeks at the end of the month to see my kids...I want to carry on 3 30ml glass bottles of Halo juice with a assortment of mods ...is this going to be a problem. Last time I put my stuff in a checked in bag, someone stole my Buzz Pro and I had no back up. This time I would like to do a carry on with a Evic, charger with batteries a couple of ego's along with my Halo juice, and maybe a tank system and also a few evods.

KlonedAspect

Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Pocatello, ID, 83201
I'm more concerned about doing a carry on with 30ml glass bottles. I'm not sure the TSA will except glass bottles on a carry on.

The 30ml size wont be an issue. Your allowed as many 3.2oz (100ml) bottles that will fit in a baggy. Not sure on the glass but I dont think it will be an issue. I see glass perfume bottles go through security all the time. As long as you can place them in the quart baggy you should be golden.

Kloned

KlonedAspect

Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Pocatello, ID, 83201
jwv651:

Apologize for getting back to this so late. Work has been crazy. Anyhow I went through the airports with my eVic, eGo-t, a full kanger protank and a full ce5 tank. No issues. Also had a drip style atomizer in the case. One 15ml bottle of juice as well. (The rest i checked)

Everything went through x-ray and security with no questions.

Hope this helps!
Happy Adventures
Kloned

jwv651

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
Castle Rock, Colorado
jwv651:

Apologize for getting back to this so late. Work has been crazy. Anyhow I went through the airports with my eVic, eGo-t, a full kanger protank and a full ce5 tank. No issues. Also had a drip style atomizer in the case. One 15ml bottle of juice as well. (The rest i checked)

Everything went through x-ray and security with no questions.

Hope this helps!
Happy Adventures
Kloned
Sweet! Thanks for the reply.

Ultramontanist

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2013
VA
FYI, about two weeks ago I flew with my wife from Dulles to Victoria, BC. I packed all of my juice in 50ml. bottles in the zip lock and all of my batteries (twists) and carto tanks, etc. in my carry on. TSA never batted an eye. I was a little nervous, but everything went perfectly, except one of our flights was delayed and we missed our connection.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

syndicate2083

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2010
Massachusetts
To add on to the resurrection, I have been taking PV's and juice on work/personal trips for a few years now. A few years ago, I got curiosity questions and weird stares, but now nothing at all really unless its some crazy mod/tank setup and they ask where I got something so 'cool'.

The only place that took a little time was flying out of Jackson Hole WY this year (went to yellowstone with the wife) and they had never seen anything like a mod unit, and tested it for bomb residue, but were otherwise affable about it. They brought the supervisor over so I could explain it.

flowerpots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
my desk
With pressure changes, if you pack liquids in checked baggage, they can leak. I had 3 bottles that leaked (even though I tightened the tops before flying) on my last trip and flew Southwest without any security issues into/out of ATL and LAX. I used quart-sized ziplocks to pack the liquids in and carried on 2 eGo's with tanks without any TSA problems. I labeled my ziplock bags as "Electronic Cigarette Items" and stated the nicotine level of the liquids at 18-24mg. Not sure if this is necessary or even helpful, but I wanted to make sure I had a smooth flight.

leex1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2013
Honolulu
Flew out of the US on an international trip about a month ago, took my zMax, extra battery, 3-prefilled 5ml tanks & 3-30ml bottle juices.

I put them all in a quart sized zippy, and had no problem at all. I labeled my zippy as "E-Cig stuff" as well :D.

Make sure to take out the battery from your unit and put it out with the rest of the equip. And put the tanks and bottle of juices in a small baggy inside of the zippy just in case they leak, or wrap em up.

Also, I read somewhere that the bottled juices had to be labeled with their size, but mine didn't so I just wrote it on the label with a sharpie. I was afraid they would confiscate it even then, but they didn't even check the labels at all.

savagemann

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
California East Bay
Im curious about all of this as well.
Im flying from Oakland to Long Beach this weekend.
Want to take my mech and dripping atty with a couple bottles of juice.
Diy juice to be precise.
I'll need to take couple 18650 cells as well.
I have battery cases for the cells.
Do I have anything to worry about?
Any advise would be much appreciated.

flowerpots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
my desk
Never had an issue with my ego and juices, but recently got a Provari. More worried about the batteries, isn't there some regulation on the number and/or size of rechargeable batteries you can take.

You have to keep spare batteries contained and not loose. Those are new TSA rules. Batteries can explode with pressure and pressure changes. I wrapped mine in a laptop battery bubble wrap bag that has a foil coating and tough plastic coating on top of that. I kept them in a plastic box inside the bag, but that may be overkill.

"As of January 1, 2008, the Department of Transportation (DOT) through the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA) no longer allows loose lithium batteries in checked baggage."

"Keep batteries and equipment with you, or in carry-on baggage - not in your checked baggage! In the cabin, flight crew can better monitor conditions, and have access to the batteries or device if a fire does occur."

"Effective January 1, 2008, you may not pack spare lithium batteries in your checked baggage. You may pack spare lithium batteries in your carry-on baggage. Please see our Spare Battery Tips and How-To sections to find out how to pack spare batteries safely! If you pack a device containing batteries, secure it against activation by locking the activation switch in the "off" position, placing the device in a protective case, or by other appropriate measures."

"Place each battery in its own protective case, plastic bag, or package, or place tape across the battery's contacts to isolate terminals. Isolating terminals prevents short-circuiting."

"E-Cigarettes are becoming more and more popular and I’m happy to report that TSA has no problem with e-cigs being packed in your carry-on or checked bags. Now as far as using them on a flight, I would suggest you contact your airline and see what they have to say. And, while not recommended by 9 out of 10 dentists, candy cigarettes are permissible as well."

"TSA has and will continue to work closely with the FAA on potential aviation safety and security issues, and TSA security officers are thoroughly and continually trained to find explosive threats. TSA does not have plans to change security regulations for electronic devices powered by lithium batteries."

Last edited:

CalamityJess

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
My husband is being sent to Mexico, so I have to doouble check. HHe can take an ego style, and his juice as long as the juice is in a baggy and he turns the ego off?

He wasn't planning to take his, or even quit smoking this way, but it looks like he might now, since getting Chantix has him jumping through hoops (Military hula hoop for the win?). I'm hoping I can use that to "nudge" him into vaping as a tool to quit :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread