What advances in vaping tech do you see in 20 years from now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javichu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
Think it would be a fun topic to discuss.

Back in the day,not sure maybe 15 years ago or maybe more i had this semi-platonic relationship with a stewardess from Lufthansa...or Iberia,not sure it was so long ago.

Well anyway,she hated that i smoked so on one of her trips to china she brought me a weird vaping contraption.

Was shaped (almost same size,tad bigger perhaps) like a pack of cigarettes with stickers on it to make it look like a pack of cigarettes.,underneath you would flick a switch and a plug would pop out,you would then just attach the plastic pack of cigarettes to the wall so you could charge it.
Once charged you would unplug and open the top,there was half of a plastic cigarette shaped tube in there,you unscrewed it from the device then screwed in the tip,the tip was just a hollow plastic tube with cotton in it,you just added some drops of liquid in it.

Tried to find some pics of it using google but no luck,but anyway you get the idea.

And now look at where we at,huge advances in vaping tech in these years,so it made wonder how much would it improve and what would it look like in 20 years,15 perhaps.

Would love to hear your thoughts on this.

cheers,stay healthy be safe.

Last edited:

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
Perhaps a device that would put out the clouds like our current mods, but be no bigger than a cigalike.

What I keep hoping for, are the advances in battery technology, that will make that or tiny pod size devices that will run for days on a charge possible.

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Solid electrolyte batteries is the big one I see coming. More unbiased research. That’s been desperately needed for years.

Also, replace ejuice with a solid concentrate which would last many times longer for the same volume of space. Imagine a cigalike that was 1/4 battery +electronics and 3/4 hollow tube filled with a thick gel. Both the battery charge and the gel lasted a week before recharge/refill. Yet it put out the clouds like a sub ohm tank.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Interesting topic.

I'm not sure what innovations will bring in the future. But what I do know is that I won't be buying any of it because I have enough hardware and nic base to last me around 30 years or longer. :)

But whatever good/cool innovations there might be, US vapers won't have access to it because FDA regulations will kill all hope for that.

Last edited:

Javichu

ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    Good solid replies folks.

I had a dream tonight,recently watched Bloodshot...eww awful movie,and the whole nanite thing got me thinking.
    Nanites in the e-liquid itself,they would be the ones in charge of heating it up and even maybe applying the desired level of nicotine.
    In that case the battery would be obsolete rendering the mod/atomizer basically useless,the vape apparatus itself would just be a hollow tube where you store the liquid.
    Controlling said nanites to ones desired specifications would probably be done thru something like this:

star-trek-communicator-840x476.jpg

Just kidding hehe

Will probably use whatever mobile type device we would be using in the future,someting like in the movie minority report or similar.
    Maybe the whole nanite thing would take longer than 20 years but who knows what technical wonders await for us in the future.

Javichu

ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    Nicotine will become a health supplement available from any supermarket, health store or pharmacist in the form of a capsule/pill or discreet inhaler. Some foods will be fortified with nicotine in the same way salt is iodised, etc.

Good idea,but i still think that the simple act of using a device,inhaling and letting out the vapor will remain as something people would still want to do.
    For me atleast it is not just the need of nicotine (that and my morning short but strong espresso is a must hehe) but the whole ritual of pressing the button,inhaling and letting go of the vapor is something i enjoy.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Also, replace ejuice with a solid concentrate which would last many times longer for the same volume of space. Imagine a cigalike that was 1/4 battery +electronics and 3/4 hollow tube filled with a thick gel. Both the battery charge and the gel lasted a week before recharge/refill. Yet it put out the clouds like a sub ohm tank.
    Concentrates were done when ecigs first came out. They largely disappeared. There were serious problems. They tasted terrible and had even worse drying issues than eliquid.

VG CAN be made thicker. To the point of being a paste. They’re harder to formulate, making their production a big business only operation. This could happen. I really hope it doesn’t. Worse quality for higher cost. Which of course means it’s likely :/

Reactions: stols001

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Concentrates were done when ecigs first came out. They largely disappeared. There were serious problems. They tasted terrible and had even worse drying issues than eliquid.

VG CAN be made thicker. To the point of being a paste. They’re harder to formulate, making their production a big business only operation. This could happen. I really hope it doesn’t. Worse quality for higher cost. Which of course means it’s likely :/

Well they've got 20 years to get the bugs out. :D

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I suppose if you want a more sensible thought, our vapes will be in the nanochips we all have. We will have our monthly allotment of nicotine which will never be enough.

Nah, the chips won't be delivering nicotine or alcohol or anything of the sort. They will just be programmed to program us to not want these things.

NCC

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 14, 2010
    Fla Panhandle, USA
    For lots of reasons that have nothing to do with vaping, we need advances in battery technology. And vaping devices should benefit from that progress.

Futurists have a risky job. Good for them that their failings won't be revealed for decades, LOL.
    I bought this book 50-years ago when I was a teenager:
    The 1968 Book That Tried to Predict the World of 2018
    There have been lots of others. They're fun to read when the projection date arrives, LOL.

But, with the stockpile of vaping hardware and software I have on hand, I'll probably not have personal experience with tomorrow's vaping tech. Vast improvements have been made in the decade I've been aboard, and what I've got now works just fine, thank you. :)

Jebbn

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2018
    safe distance from a black hole
    Good idea,but i still think that the simple act of using a device,inhaling and letting out the vapor will remain as something people would still want to do.
    For me atleast it is not just the need of nicotine (that and my morning short but strong espresso is a must hehe) but the whole ritual of pressing the button,inhaling and letting go of the vapor is something i enjoy.
    I was just kidding around. ;)

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Well they've got 20 years to get the bugs out. :D
    Neither of which will likely be higher cost or big business only. Also they’ve already had 15 years and they still suck. Physics is physics. Would “let’s make juice proprietary!” Be a thing? Sure. people haven’t stopped trying it since ecigs came out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread