Not open for further replies.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
As a word of caution: Make sure you get genuine KangerTech coil head replacements. I've ordered two sets of five from [that site which shall not be mentioned outside of the fasttech thread] and of the ten, five of them were a leaky mess and two others were DOA. I fixed the leaking problem in the usual way (adding wicks). Nothing I can do for the DOA heads except rebuild the coils.

I haven't even tried the other three.

From now on, I'm ordering replacement heads from Discount Vapers, Mt. Baker or someone else who is an authorized KangerTech distributor.

MJTP

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2012
TN
The reason I want to shop around is because Kanger heads suck, I've already proven that the whole wicking issue is a big myth, it's purely that half of their heads have coils that are wrapped around each other and burn because of that, or the opposite ends of the coils touch somewhere, and that on the other end if the problem spectrum, that half of the Spinner-type batteries out there are defective and output permenant higher voltages than the lowest of 3.3. All you do is soak the heads in water and the silica fluffs up like cotton and wicks like a breeze.

I guess I'm really looking to see where sells Kanger heads (preferably the t3, MOV reccomemded I try them) at higher than 3.0 resistence, as this should take care of the possibility that my battery is permenantly outputting above 3.3. It's safest to go with the highest resistence.

Trayce

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Multiversal
I'm with you, MJTP, that Kanger heads don't deliver. When I got my PT2 I was so disappointed in the lack of flavor (and that was after cleaning the bajeezus out of it to get rid of the metallic taste). I loved everything about it but the lack of flavor. Then I got an Aro pyrex tank that only uses Aro heads and the taste was phenomenal. ScottP tipped me off that although the Kanger head won't work in the Aro, the Aro head should work in my PT2 as he was using an Aro head in his EVOD. So I tried it and now my PT2 is my favorite device!! The Aro heads are SO much better than the Kanger heads! They just deliver so much more flavor. Smoktech ARO/Tumbler Coil Heads

I bought a boatload of Aro heads for the Aro Smoktech ARO Pyrex Glass BCC - Red and the PT2. As far as the Kanger heads go, I have 5 and will try re-wicking them with cotton to see if flavor improves, or save them for parts. But the Aro heads MAKE the PT2! And it's super nice to be able to buy one type of head for my PT2 and Aro tanks.

EDIT: The DV coil page states the Aro heads won't work in a Kanger device, but they DO work in the EVOD and PT2. I'm not sure why Smoktech makes this claim except that they probably weren't tested/designed for the Kangers, and since the Kanger's won't work in the Aro, it was maybe simpler and avoided potential CS problems to just state the Aro heads are only for the Aro. Just guessin'.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread