Status
Not open for further replies.

Horselady154

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
United States
So, I finally thought I had figured it out a couple of days ago and it was wonderful. The tank was feeding the carto just right and the vape was great. I even added juice to the tank once and it was still good. But, then I did it a second time and it seemed to stop feeding the carto the juice it needed. I tried taking huge tokes without pushing the button, putting it back in the IBTANKED thingy and nothing seemed to work. Before long, I tasted a burnt taste.

So, I swapped out cartomizers and tried again. I still isn't feeding. At this point I'm wondering if I somehow setup some kind of reverse vacuum in the tank or something. If I have, is there a way to reverse that?

I'm somewhat frustrated right now.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
What pg/vg mix are you using? Are you using a dark/very dark liquid? Are you using a pre punched carto, or are you punching your own holes in the carto.
The only time I've had a problem as you've described is when I've had cartos that are clogging up. The clogging can be due to using a dark liquid. They can, and will clog up quickly sometimes, especially if you have a batch of cartos that has the material inside wrapped to tightly and it just doesn't wick well.
I use only light colored liquids with a 70/30 pg/vg mix, and punch one hole in my carto that's approx. 1mm in dia. Most of the time this works well for me, but do occasionally get the wicking problem. Hopefully this helps. Sometimes it just takes experimenting to see what works best for you. At any rate, I believe your problem is with the carto and not the tank.

Horselady154

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
United States
I'm using 50/50 and it is light colored. The weird thing is that it was working on one carto, but didn't on the next two. I started wondering if I inadvertently setup some kind of bad vacuum situation in my tank that was keeping the juice from going into the tank. I know it's possible to do that. Thing is, if you do something to do that, how do you undo it and get the pressures right again? lol.

Oh, and I am using a pre-punched (2 holes) carto. I eventually punched an additional hole of my own.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Sometimes bad cartos come in bunches. Getting 1 good, several bad, or vice versa, isn't uncommon. I still believe it's the carto, and not the tank. I would think that your two punched holes, and 50/50 should be ok. Light colored juice shouldn't be a real problem either, unless it's possibly a real sweet juice and the sugars are caramelizing and causing the inside of the carto to clog up, and it would probably clog up quicker if the carto material were wrapped too tightly. In my experience, the only bad vacuum situation you would have, would be a bad o-ring, or something not sealing well, and that would cause flooding. I hope you get it worked out, sometimes these things get a little frustrating, but keep at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread