What am I doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parlin Lady

Apr 5, 2009
Parlin, NJ
I am using a Vapor King to do my vaping. It came with Marl (11mg), Mint (24mg) and Cola (11mg). The e-juice (Virgina Nobacco - 11mg) is the one I have been using to re-fill my carts - which seems easy enough. I have not tried the Chocolate, 11mg which also came with my order. My problem is that I can't seem to kick the anaolgs. I was a 2 pack a day VS Menthol and am down to about 1 pack every 2 days. Should I be using a 36mg juice? The 24mg Mint was about the best, but it still didn't do it totally for me. Any suggestions would help.

LuckySevens4U

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
USA
It is not easy to quit the analogs because we are addicted to more than just the nicotine in them. I believe we are addicted to the chemicals in them also. You have to make up your mind to QUIT the analogs and don't touch them and just vape. You have to give your body time to go through the withdrawls of the chemicals in the analogs. Vaping makes it as easy as it's going to get to quit. You just have to have willpower and let your body get rid of the chemicals. It takes weeks. By still having an analog, even just one, you are keeping your body addicted to the other chemicals and it just makes it harder to quit them completely. If you want to quit, then QUIT. Vape and use will power and give your body 3-4 weeks to rid those nasty chemicals and eventually, the cravings for the analogs do go away. I say to people that still are having analogs along with vaping, you are just prolonging the agony of quitting smoking by keeping those chemicals running through your blood. This is just my opinion and experience.

RsL

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
Minneapolis
It is not easy to quit the analogs because we are addicted to more than just the nicotine in them. I believe we are addicted to the chemicals in them also. You have to make up your mind to QUIT the analogs and don't touch them and just vape. You have to give your body time to go through the withdrawls of the chemicals in the analogs. Vaping makes it as easy as it's going to get to quit. You just have to have willpower and let your body get rid of the chemicals. It takes weeks. By still having an analog, even just one, you are keeping your body addicted to the other chemicals and it just makes it harder to quit them completely. If you want to quit, then QUIT. Vape and use will power and give your body 3-4 weeks to rid those nasty chemicals and eventually, the cravings for the analogs do go away. I say to people that still are having analogs along with vaping, you are just prolonging the agony of quitting smoking by keeping those chemicals running through your blood. This is just my opinion and experience.

Excellent answer! There is certainly more than nicotine involved with the addiction process, which I believe is the reason nicotine patches, gums, etc. have such a high failure rate.

bzlytbeer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2009
Monee, IL (near Chicago)
I agree with the above post. When I made the switch, I made it 100% over to vaping. For the first 2 or 3 weeks, I was a bit edgy and irritable (at least more than usual - lol). It has been just over a month, and I feel no need for a traditional cig at all. Unless I run out of juice or something goes really wrong, I will not go back or even try one. I am too worried that I would get hooked on those other chemicals.

It really makes me wonder how much easier it will be to just quit the nicotine compared to the other I don't even know how many chems in cigarettes.

Will power is definitely a factor, and so is the want to change or quit. If you are not committed, it will not work.

Good luck, and we are all here for you if you need the extra support!! Anyone is welcome to PM me anytime if they need it! I can't promise to answer in the middle of the night, but I will answer.

BiteMe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
Stanwood, WA

WOW!!! That's about the best way that I've heard it put. That gets a +1 from me lucky!!!

Are you sure you don't want a job on the EC Post???

happily

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2009
anchorage, ak
can take time to get away from analog's but if you were a two pack a day smoker, I would recommend some stronger nicotine.

I started at 18mg and did ok, but I bought some 36mg( that I planned on diluting). I tried it straight to see if I liked it and it made all the difference in the world for my cravings. Within minutes I felt calm and have'nt looked back. I do however recommend having lighter cartridges nearby for times when u get vape happy.

Best of luck,

taz3cat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2008
Port Arthur, Texas
Parlin Lady,you doing just fine, I bet your like everyone else, you did not start out a 2 pack a day smoker. You worked to to 2 packs a day over time. I see nothing worng with reversing the process. Just don't give up some days are better then others.

Since we are all different we will do thing a little different, go at your on pace. The key is never, ever give up.

KatyS

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
When I quit (14 months ago) I went 2 days with no analogs, promising myself I could have a analog on the 3rd day (smoker mentality lol). 3rd day came I was so excited to have a cig, and thennnnn it tasted like crap!!! That was it gave the pack to my gf. Every now and then I do have a analog it reinforces how awful they are.

I have two friends that continued to keep having 4 or 5 analogs a day and they never quit, it fact one quit the electronic cig and is back smoking analogs.

If you can just try 2 days and then say, if I still want a cig then have one, bet it taste terrible :)

LuckySevens4U

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
USA
Thanks everyone - this board is so terrific - I'll order some 36mg menthol and really kick the analog "Butts"

You go girl! If that's what it takes, then do it! Everything is relative and the highest I've EVER vaped was 11 mg, which is all it took for me. If I vape 11 mg all day, it's too much for me, so I will vape 11 straight for a while like the mornings and maybe some in the afternoons, but then in between I will cut that down to 6 or 8 mgs because I don't need the full 11 all day if I'm able to vape all day. You will find the same after a while that 36 all day long may be too much, then just cut it down to a lower amount for the in between, but use the 36 when you really need it and are thinking about a real ciggy. Just remember, it's not ALL about the nicotine and mass dosing yourself to keep yourself off ciggys. It's those nasty chemicals we miss and are craving too. So just keep it in prospective and do what works for you best. You just have to be bound and determined in your mind that you WANT to QUIT analogs. YOU can do it, if YOU really want to!

Bones

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2009
Austin, Texas
can take time to get away from analog's but if you were a two pack a day smoker, I would recommend some stronger nicotine.

I started at 18mg and did ok, but I bought some 36mg( that I planned on diluting). I tried it straight to see if I liked it and it made all the difference in the world for my cravings. Within minutes I felt calm and have'nt looked back. I do however recommend having lighter cartridges nearby for times when u get vape happy.

Best of luck,

Yes - I agree with all above - I was at nearly 2 packs a day as well (Full Flavor American Spirits) - When I dicovered the e-cig concept I was so excited about this that I just made up my MIND that that was it - No more tobacco - To be fair I have always found the "Act of smoking" more addictive than the nicotine - I have some 36mg juice but I find it too strong - It makes me sick to my stomach and gives me a splitting headache - I have been cutting it in half with Food Grade Glycerine then it smokes fine - One problem I have with cutting it though is that in addition to halfing the nicotine it also halfs the flavor -

I've never been a big fan of flavored tobacco - Does anyone know of a flavor additive that gives that tobacco taste? - I am using the Totally Wicked Morobro flavor - which I like - How can I restore that taste to my cut mixture? - Or am I stuck with something tooty-fruity as a flavor choice?

Bones

LuckySevens4U

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
USA
Bones, if you can handle menthol, which some people either hate or love, menthol drops from juicy liquid are perfect and can be added to any cut juices and make them taste good. That's what I do. I love the marlboro and the hilton and I add just a drop or 2 max of menthol drops to a small bottle and that helps on flavor on my cut liquids.

Antebellum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2009
Madison, GA
Hi, Parlin Lady,

If I may make a suggestion, get about a 24 mg bottle in something flavorful, too. You may find, as I have, that the 36 is good for a hit (or a splat!), but that it's a little harsh for continuous vaping. I started with 36, but I'm now using 24 all day long. I'm going to get some PG and trim the 36 down down to 18 and see how it does. Now I'm wondering just what I'm going to do with the two 48 mg unflavored bottles I have.

Fancy that - I thought I'd be a nicotine fiend. (Compared to some others, obviously I am, but nothing like what I had imagined when I first switched to vaping.)

Good luck and you go, girl!

Lamar

happily

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2009
anchorage, ak
Yes - I agree with all above - I was at nearly 2 packs a day as well (Full Flavor American Spirits) - When I dicovered the e-cig concept I was so excited about this that I just made up my MIND that that was it - No more tobacco - To be fair I have always found the "Act of smoking" more addictive than the nicotine - I have some 36mg juice but I find it too strong - It makes me sick to my stomach and gives me a splitting headache - I have been cutting it in half with Food Grade Glycerine then it smokes fine - One problem I have with cutting it though is that in addition to halfing the nicotine it also halfs the flavor -

I've never been a big fan of flavored tobacco - Does anyone know of a flavor additive that gives that tobacco taste? - I am using the Totally Wicked Morobro flavor - which I like - How can I restore that taste to my cut mixture? - Or am I stuck with something tooty-fruity as a flavor choice?

Bones

somewhere is a thread (i don't want to take credit)about soaking camel snus in propylene glycol for a couple of hours and squeezing all the juice out for tabacco flavoring. This also works with glycerine.(although glycerine is thicker). I think this gives an excellent tobacco taste, especially since your cutting with glycerine to begin with. about 1oz. glycerine to one snus bag(about 15 sealed bags per can) I actually preferred 2 bags

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
Here's another quick tip:

It appears that nicotine from PG/VG vapor is absorbed more in the mucous membranes in the mouth and sinus cavities than the lungs. Initially I felt that the 18 and 24ml fluid was too weak, but once I started vaping more like smoking a cigar, I found that the 18 and 24ml are both plenty strong. The best way seems to be to draw a big drag (go slow!) into your mouth and roll the vapor around in there a little before breathing it in. Then exhale through your nose. Or, breathe in a big mouth full, hold it for a couple seconds and then exhale through your nose without taking the vapor into your lungs at all.

Some people don't like vapor or smoke through the nose, so you don't necessarily have to do it the way I do. Just remember that you're getting much more nicotine transfer while the smoke is in your mouth than when its in your lungs. As a long time analogue smoker, this is kind of an alien idea to me, but now that I have the hang of it, I find that I get FAR more nicotine out of the vapor than before.

HK45

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
USA
Thanks everyone - this board is so terrific - I'll order some 36mg menthol and really kick the analog "Butts"

I smoked for 40 years and was a 2 - 2 1/2 pack a day addict. But, I started off with Totally Wicked's 36mg
and haven't had an analog since January. I honestly believe that without the super-high 36 mg I wouldn't have made it and surprisingly, at that mg I didn't even notice any withdrawals (although I vaped like crazy).

I think you are on the right path and can reduce the mg's as you go along, like I am.

Best of luck! :D

happily

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2009
anchorage, ak
I actually do a lot of primer puffs and cigar type puffs and seem to get more out of vaping than my wife(reason I bring this up is she smoked less than a pack and I was 2-3 packs a day) There is something to the mucous membrane thing. I also feel like it takes 15-20 minutes for the nic to reach my brain. Kinda like chewing tobacco

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
Yes, I've found that reaching a level of nicotine in the blood that causes a noticeable effect takes longer with the e-cigarette. It's very likely that this has something to do with the fact that the tobacco companies add chemicals to the leafs that raise its PH, making the nicotine easier for the lungs to absorb. That's why you get a big rush out of a cigarette the moment you start smoking it. To me, the experience of electronic smoking (in terms of the nicotine high) is more like chewing nicotine gum or wearing a patch, only with the major benefit of actually being able to "smoke."

So, the upshot is that you need to experiment with your e-cigarette vaping technique to find what works best for you. Vaping is NOT the same as smoking analogues. It takes a little more effort and thought to get a good hit and get good nicotine absorption out of them.

Check out the health area of the board. There are a number of fascinating threads in there about this and related topics.

Here has been my experiance that tells me the addiction is more than just the nicotine. I had been vaping only no analogs for about 3 weeks. I used 24mg strength eliquid which worked for me on cravings. Just out of curiosity I got an anolog from a friend which was a light cig. I took 3 drags off of it and my head started to swim besides the fact that it tasted awful. That convinced me that there is more than just nic that we are fighting to get rid of here. Just hang in there you will make it. I am now vaping only 18 nic and doing fine. Darn those tobacco companies. Legal poisoning if you ask me.

jebjr

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2008
tewksbury, ma
Hi, Parlin Lady,

If I may make a suggestion, get about a 24 mg bottle in something flavorful, too. You may find, as I have, that the 36 is good for a hit (or a splat!), but that it's a little harsh for continuous vaping. I started with 36, but I'm now using 24 all day long. I'm going to get some PG and trim the 36 down down to 18 and see how it does. Now I'm wondering just what I'm going to do with the two 48 mg unflavored bottles I have.

Fancy that - I thought I'd be a nicotine fiend. (Compared to some others, obviously I am, but nothing like what I had imagined when I first switched to vaping.)

Good luck and you go, girl!

Lamar
Where can I get 48ml. juice? I'm an addict and I need it as strong as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread