Status
Not open for further replies.

DonovanDarko

Jul 1, 2011
Roswell
I had come to this forum with questions about annoying leaks coming from the mouth side of a cartomizer. I decided to try the tank system as suggested. It was good for a few days, until my attomizer died just under 2 weeks later. During the wait for the new one, I eventually ended up with the cartridge/filler system. THAT WAS NOT GOOD AT ALL! Leaks all over the place. Up, down, front, back and side to side, even IF I didn't overfill the darn thing. And when it was just right, I would get two maybe three very good perfect hits with vapor and flavor, until alas, I get the dreaded sickening burnt taste in my mouth. *sigh*...
So now, my brand new I repeat, NEW tank atomizer is finally here with NEW tanks. I prepared my atty and I blew the shipping liquid (what ever the heck that stuff is) out of my atty before I primed it and inserted the NEW tank into it with one of the very few of many flavors that doesn't make me feel like ripping my tongue out of my mouth, that being cappuccino.
Well I couldn't wait to take a refreshing hit off this thing because the last week was a dreaded nightmare with the device, and what do you know? ... nasty burnt taste! with just a hint of cappuccino.
Even 12 hits later same darn thing! Whats going on? :mad: Is it just not meant to be? This is so crazy.

Last edited:

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
There could be a few reasons for this:

1) The tank isn't properly seated on the wick in the atomizer.

2) You need to pull the wick out a little further in the atomizer.

3) You're juice is too thick to get down to the wick. What's the PG/VG ratio of your juice?

When all else fails, ditch the tanks and get some cartos.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
There could also be primer on the atomizer. I don't know is tank attys come with primer. I have only used regular attys so I cannot help you with tank attys.

But I can help you not be out of a vape when you are out of atomizers...

I recommend you buy some standard resistance and LR 2.0 Boge 510 cartomizers and try thin juices in them. Fill fully (18 drops slowly onto the stuffing while holding a tissue on the threaded end hole, wait 15-20 seconds, then add however many more drops it will soak in easily. then clean it up - dry threaded end, if necessary blow out the air channel by puffing into the threaded end - you want to see light through that air channel, and if the top of the stuffing is overly wet, touch a tissue softly to it. Then on a fill of a blank, lay the carto down on different sides for 15-20 minutes (enough time for thin juices like 20% VG or less to spread to all of the stuffing). Then you can vape it. While vaping, if the vapor seems light, dry, tastes off or the carto is getting too warm, add juice (no need to let it settle since it is still damp). I can get 1-2 weeks use out of a Boge used with thin light colored juices (light because those are less likely to leave carto-clogging flavoring sediment).

Last edited:

tat2d4life

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2011
somewhere NY
my first real pv was an ego t and I had nothing but problems with the tanks... funky tastes, never wicked right, no juice flavor.. I think out of 10 tanks I tried, maybe,and thats a big maybe, only 2 or 3 performed up to expectations... my advice, ditch the tanks, ditch the carts, get some xl dual coil cartos and actually enjoy the wonderful vapor and flavor... or learn ho to drip cuz its just as good :)

madison360

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Emerald Isle, NC
And maybe , your drawing on it , way too hard . You need to barely draw on your PV to get the vapor , you don't need to suck on it , like your trying to siphon gas .

This was my first thought, too. Leaking at the mouth end of a cartomizer tends to come from the way you drag on it. You can't treat it the way you do an analog or you are bound to get juice in your mouth. With an e-cig, just breathe in through your atomizer/cartomizer gently and you will get good vapor/flavor without pulling juice into your mouth...it is a longer, slower drag than with analogs. Regarding your tank system, I can't comment as I am unfamiliar, but my husband was having the issue that you were having with cartomizers and even with his atomizers until he chilled out on his drag. Also, make sure you are holding your e-cig at a downward angle so that the liquid is getting to the element. Don't give up. I'm sure some of these ideas will help you get it figured out.

jillhumb

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2011
Port Richey Florida
www.youravon.com
I'm still somewhat of a newbie myself, can't help much with the hardware, but want to say please don't give up! I almost did a few times, and i keep plugging ahead, getting great advice here on this forum, and i'm on my way to being completely analog free, which i NEVER thought was possible!
Just my two cents . . . hang in there!!
regards,
Jil

Michael Curry

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2011
Panama City, FL
When I bought my eGo-T, the guy ran me through everything and was very specific about one thing... After you thoroughly blow the atty out to get rid if the nasty stuff, be sure to drip 2-3 drops of juice in before sticking the tank in. He said failing to do that would likely result in poor performance - and pretty much the symptoms you described.

Sinlak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2011
Orange County, CA
get a LR 1.5 ohm Dual coil cartomizer by smoktech -> dual coil cartomizer

and I use this tip for it http://www.hoosierecigsupply.com/CE-2-rubber-tip-for-cartomizers-HEC023.htm

its real easy to fill it up. it dosent leak, always hits good, easy to clean, lasts a long time. =)

I prefer using 510 attys or 306 attys on my reo grand, but for my ego this thing is the best. the cone wont fit, but who cares? lol you get a great vape

I use this thing on my ego and its fking amazing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread