The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

What and who is CASAA?

Discussion in 'CASAA' started by kristin, May 26, 2010.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. kristin

kristin Vaping Master ECF Veteran

CASAA is the Consumer Advocates for Smokefree Alternatives Association.

It was formed in 2009 by members of this forum as an advocacy group, made up of both consumers and vendors, to raise awareness and protect our right to access reduced harm alternatives.

CASAA's mission statement is:
    Some facts about CASAA:
    • CASAA was formed as an answer to the anti-Tobacco Harm Reduction groups' efforts to ban THR products and in the belief that there is strength in our numbers.
    • The CASAA 12-member board was elected by members of the electronic cigarette and smokeless tobacco community.
    • CASAA board members are unpaid volunteers.
    • CASAA is not a trade organization.
    • CASAA is a non-profit 501c(4) organization. (status pending)
    • CASAA is not financed nor run by the electronic cigarette, tobacco or pharmaceutical industry. While vendors are welcome to join, the Board is strictly limited to no more than 25% vendors.
    • CASAA Regional Representatives volunteer to be watchdogs for their area and report back to the Board any activity they discover. There are currently 26 states and 5 countries with Representatives.
    • CASAA maintains a web site at CASAA | The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-Free Alternatives Association for the purpose of providing easy access for members and the general public to news articles, Call to Action alerts, scientific research studies, petitions, legal actions, pending legislation and educational materials regarding electronic cigarettes and smokeless tobacco.
    • CASAA maintains a discussion forum at http://casaaforum.org
    • CASAA currently has over 3,400 registered members
    • CASAA coordinates activism efforts with other advocacy organizations such as National Vapers Club, Right to Vape, Smokefree Pennsylvania and Midwest Vapers Group.
    • CASAA works to increase it's credibility and influence by organizing activist efforts through our members, writing pro-reduced harm articles and issuing statements to the media regarding positive and negative legislation.
    • CASAA raises funds for promoting these activities and to assist in research efforts.
    • CASAA develops and supplies print materials such as informative business cards for smokeless tobacco/e-cig users to hand out, decals, bumper stickers, t-shirts and promotional materials for vendors and businesses.
    • CASAA's web site is a neutral ground for vendors to send customers to learn more about electronic cigarettes and smokeless alternatives.
    • CASAA has additional presence on other e-cig forums, Facebook, Twitter, Newsvine, Digg, Associated Content and YouTube.
    CASAA NEEDS YOUR SUPPORT!

The 12-member volunteer board can't do everything themselves! CASAA needs member volunteers to assist with forwarding and publicizing CASAA articles and press releases, providing comment on negative media reports, contacting legislators, acting as Regional Representatives, their connections to influential people and groups, promational material development, videos, vendor support for CASAA's efforts and above all, your financial support through donations.

Remember - if you are a member of CASAA, you are CASAA.

So don't ask, "What is CASAA doing to help?" Ask, "What am I doing to help?"

• Like Like x 4
  2. Koman

Koman Moved On ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2010
    lv
    Never knew about CASAA. Thanks for clearing that up!

3. markodes

markodes Full Member

Apr 9, 2012
    Europe
    Casaa is the best thing that has happened to E-cigarettes since their invention.

4. SmokinJoe23

SmokinJoe23 Full Member

Jan 10, 2015
    Cali
    Are ya'll going to lobby the senate and congree like big tobacco? If not their is little you can do.

5. Two_Bears

Two_Bears Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 4, 2015
    Northern Arizona
    I joined CASAA about 6 months ago.

• Like Like x 1
  6. JustJulie

JustJulie CASAA Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 30, 2009
    Des Moines, IA
    No, we don't hire lobbyists . . . but there are industry players who are doing just that.

Rather, CASAA helps consumers become their own citizen lobbyists by providing assistance in contacting their legislators. Most politicians care about getting reelected, which means they value money and votes. We don't have piles of money to throw around, but we do have voters. At present, CASAA has more than 71,000 members, and our numbers are growing every day. Just think of the impact that we would have if every single one of those members contacted their elected officials at the federal, state, and local level to let them know their views on over-regulation of e-cigarettes. ;)

If you haven't already done so, please take a moment to contact your federal representative about changing the grandfather date. Details on the bill and how to participate in the Call to Action can be found here: CASAA: Call to Action! Support HR 2058 which would change the grandfather date for vapor products

• Like Like x 2
  7. AKs0n-

AKs0n- Senior Member ECF Veteran

8. JustJulie

Supporting member
    Jan 30, 2009
    Des Moines, IA
    You are right in suggesting that this is a battle that needs to be fought on many different fronts.

Electing pro-vaping politicians is pretty key to our survival. People understandably tend to focus on the presidential election, but it's also important to have elected officials sympathetic to our cause at all levels of government, whether it be federal, state, or local.

Once we're past the primary season, we plan to roll out candidate questionnaires and eventually voter guides to help inform our members of candidates' stances on our issues.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Robino1

Robino1 ECF Moderator Senior Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    A member contacted me @JustWondering1 about doing PR work for you. Have you had a chance to talk to her?

I pointed her in your direction.

• Like Like x 1
  10. JustJulie

Supporting member
    Jan 30, 2009
    Des Moines, IA
    I'll check with Alex Clark . . . it's not ringing any bells, but we've received so many emails in the last couple of weeks that I'm still plowing through stuff. :(

• Like Like x 1
  11. Robino1

Supporting member
    I can add you to our conversation that she started with me......

12. Robino1

Supporting member
    I had already added you and Kristin..... Check your conversations?

13. Bikenstein

Bikenstein Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 9, 2014
    The Lab
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Ipster

Ipster Super Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member

15. Ipster

Ipster Super Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Bump....to my shock someone just asked if CASAA Forum was down??
    2 cents..im not big on FB for news but the CASAA wall rocks, internationally in english
    thank you

16. Buzzed Vaper

Buzzed Vaper Registered Supplier

Feb 4, 2017
    I recently mentioned you guys in my latest blog post. I love what you're doing for the community, and at a time when I see so much misinformation about vaping, I love having you guys help organize the community to counter that. Keep up the good work.

• Like Like x 4