What are some scenarios in vaping that is definitely harmful?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
I know the health issues of vaping is controversial. But I'm sure there are cases when you can hurt yourself. One example is dry hits. Are there other scenarios when vaping might be harmful? Like vaping a low quality e-juice with impure VG and PG? I just want to know the worst cases and avoid them.
I think you could harm yourself more with a hot cup of coffee. One spill and ouch, and red burned skin.

Touching a red hot coil will burn, too.

Drinking very high strength nic concentrate would certainly induce vomiting.

Last edited:

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
Yup, must read the whole article.

One could use the same logic to link anything to the condition-- healthier diet, more exercise, any change in medication, for example.

Statistics can be spun to agendas, and often are. Dr F is pointing out how it's done....and how non scientific.

Survey those with COPD (undisputedly most often attributed to smoking) and find out how many tried vaping after diagnosis.

EverythingEvil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2014
Grand Junction, Co
Batteries are likely the biggest danger along with mech mods and a poor understanding of ohm's law. There is obviously some risk of contamination of VG/PG with other poisonous glycols but I think in general ignorance and under education are the biggest dangers as far as vaping is concerned.

alvitae

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2009
Oregon Usa
Since 2009 I've had 0 dangerous experiences. No negative health issues. Only health improvements.

As far as I'm concerned the only danger is if "She Who Must be Obeyed" gets ahold of my credit card statement and finding out that mods cost more than 20 bucks...

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
As far as I'm concerned the only danger is if "She Who Must be Obeyed" gets ahold of my credit card statement and finding out that mods cost more than 20 bucks...
No danger for me. My wife of 32 years never smoked. She was so thrilled that vaping got me off cigs and restored some of my, uhm, let's just say "youthful stamina", that she has absolutely no problem with any vape purchase.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well unless you are sensitive to a particular thing (I am PG sensitive, although to be fair, I didn't DIE of it or anything and it's not even like an allergy, my system just reads it as "inhaling pins and needles" although it appeared no real harm done once I switched.

If you pay zero attention to battery safety and wind up with severely degraded or overdischarged cells, that could be harmful.

Most evidence seems to show that ecigs are far less harmful than smoking. I was ON THE WAY to a COPD diagnosis, until I switched to vaping. My docs have only noted health improvements.

I will say, I'm not out of the woods on cancer (most vapers aren't you have to be cigarette free fro a while) or other smoking related diseases, but at least vaping has halted the damage cigarettes were doing and giving me a chance to gain health points and etc. If I wind up with cancer of some sort, I will blame my several decades of heavy smoking, not ecigs. That's my own personal viewpoint.

Read the whole article, it's basically a statement of correlation vs causation, and how they can get mixed up, etc.

Anna

Mukmuc

Jun 8, 2018
Some things from my own experience and what I read somewhere. I have only fear of contamination of coils or liquids:

• Cleaning atomisers with dish soap is not a good idea. Always use alcohol or water only. Soap particles + liquid = acid.
  • Don’t use latex gloves, they are mostly not really clean outside (powder, latex / nigril particles) while refilling / cleaning / mixing.
  • Don’t wrap used ready to use Coils in aluminium foil for storage purposes. Aluminium will dissolve and particles can get into the coil.
  • Beware of hand lotion / soap or grease on your hands while refilling / cleaning / mixing
  • Beware of splashy things like oil or milk while cooking that they don’t get into your driptip / coil

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread