• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

what are the chances of winning a paypal dispute for missing item?

Status
Not open for further replies.

goober

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2011
PA
Yeah. A couple of my orders are being sent back to them. These orders were mainly batteries. I told them I would rather take a refund over any other option unless they want to pay for dhl shipping. They haven't responded in 3 days.

I still have about 2 and a half weeks left to wait it out and see. I'm going to let them try to refund before the paypal deadline. Once it hits 44 days, I have to open a dispute.

The problem I have though is that this order was originally $66. It had an ithika, sony batts, wire and wire and rocket kayfun clone.

The ithika was out of stock for 10 days so I cancelled it. I also cancelled the batteries because I didn't want to risk the batteries holding up my entire orders at the post office.

So in return, I got store credit, and I used the store credit to order those items again in different orders.

The problem I see is that since I used store credit, it won't show on my paypal. Paypal only records the paypal transaction(obviously) and it only shows the original $66 so if I choose a transaction to dispute, I have to choose the $66 transaction, but i only need to dispute $45 of it..

I wonder how this is gunna work out..

szot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
U can bypass Paypal and go directly to your CC and request a charge back ..

There is always a second option to dispute if you have closed a PayPal dispute and that is to dispute it through your bank card or Credit card they give a longer dispute time then PayPal does.

Credit Card Protection

Credit card chargeback rights are broader than PayPal's protection programs. Credit card chargebacks may be filed more than 45 days after the payment and may cover unsatisfactory items even if they do not qualify as significantly not as described.

You may pursue a Dispute/Claim with PayPal, or you may contact your credit card company and file a chargeback. You may not pursue both at the same time or seek a double recovery. If you have an open Dispute or Claim with PayPal, and also file a chargeback with your credit card company, PayPal will close your Dispute or Claim, and you will have to rely solely on your chargeback rights.

If you pursue a Claim with PayPal and if you do not receive a full recovery, you can then file a chargeback. If PayPal does not make a final decision on your Claim until after your credit card issuer's deadline for filing a chargeback, and because of our delay you recover less than the full amount you would have been entitled to recover from the credit card issuer, we will reimburse you for the remainder of your loss (minus any amount you have already recovered from the seller).

Credit card companies must abide by these statutory guidelines, including but not limited to the following:

If a consumer claims a "billing error" because an item is not received or is refused at the time of delivery, the card issuer is obliged to investigate, resolve, and to correct written claims filed by the consumer within 60 days of receipt of the applicable credit card statement.
If a consumer claims a dispute with a merchant, the card issuer is obliged to investigate and resolve consumer claims, provided the consumer: (i) has not paid for the charge (ii) has made a good faith attempt to settle the dispute with the merchant (iii) lives in the same state as or within 100 miles of the merchant and (iv) paid more than $50 for the item.

You should contact your credit card issuer to learn more about your rights and remedies.
Debit Card Protection

Your debit card issuer is not required by law to provide you with protection against items that you do not receive or that are significantly not as described. Many debit card issuers voluntarily provide protection similar to the chargeback rights provided by credit card issuers.

PayPal may process debit card transactions through either (a) an ATM debit network such as STAR or NYCE, or (b) a Visa or MasterCard network. If we process your debit card through an ATM debit network, we may provide you with the opportunity to switch to a Visa or MasterCard network by clicking the "Funding Sources" link on the payment confirmation page. Choosing the Visa / MasterCard network may give you additional protection compared to the ATM debit networks. You should contact your debit card issuer to learn more about your rights and remedies if you pay with your debit card.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Paypal and Ebay officially prohibit purchases of Ecigs products, so NEVER tell them its Ecigs that U are disputing or U will lose the dispute..tell them its a electronic part instead..

Not true...
PayPal does not allow U.S. and Canadian Vendors to use PayPal.
PayPal does allow China, U.K and a few other country's Vendors to use PayPal.

Last edited:

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Are you saying PP doesn't all ecig purchases for the US and Canada but does for other countries?

It only depends on where the Vendor is located. PayPal allows Vendors in China, U.K. and s few other countries to sell E Cig gear. I've researched this because I was planning on possibly becoming a Vendor. Some U.S. and Canadian Vendors have used PayPal but as soon as they're reported PP closes/ suspends/ freezes their account.
As far as being a buyer and living in the U.S. or Canada we are free to use PayPal without penalty when ordering from UK, China, etc. A friend opened a dispute with a diff Chinese Vendor, PayPal knew it was an E cig order and he got his $$ back.

szot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
I can mention I know of 25 people from the UK and 25 ppl from the US who did NOT get a Paypal refund who were denied because of ECig purchases at FT,....I'm not going to debate you...U can read the numerous Paypal refund denial threads at the FT forums yourself...also here in another area sub forums, there is a lengthy Paypal thread with peoples experiences and their policy, which U can read....most ppl don't know about the Ebay and Paypal policy regarding Ecigs , so I was only trying to help the OP goober, not play debate games with you...I have read many posts where ppl from all over the world including the UK and USA who were denied Paypal refunds, but also I have read where some have been refunded...so its a gamble, and not consistent, regardless of what U may think....U have a good one,later

BTW..Paypal is owned by Ebay, which calls the shots about policies..

On October 3, 2002, PayPal became a wholly owned subsidiary of eBay.[5] Its corporate headquarters are in San Jose, California,[2] United States at eBay's North First Street satellite office campus. The company also has significant operations in Omaha, Nebraska, Scottsdale, Arizona, Charlotte, North Carolina and Austin, Texas in the United States; Chennai in India; Dublin in Ireland; Kleinmachnow in Germany; and Tel Aviv in Israel. From July 2007, PayPal has operated across the European Union as a Luxembourg-based bank.

eBay Inc. is an American multinational internet consumer-to-consumer corporation, headquartered in San Jose, California

Not allowed

Any item containing tobacco and intended for consumption

Blunts or cigar wraps

Chewing tobacco

Cigarettes (including flavored cigarettes)

Cigars

Cuban cigars (see our embargoed goods and prohibited countries policy)

Dipping tobacco

Electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes) and components

Herbal cigarettes or herbal tobacco (sometimes called nicotine-free cigarettes or tobacco-free cigarettes)

Hookah or Shisha molasses that contains tobacco

Including photos of cigarettes, cigars, and other tobacco items when selling cigar bands, collectible packaging, or other accessories

Loose leaf tobacco

Nicotine inhalers or nasal sprays (see our medical drugs and devices policy)

Pipe tobacco

Smokeless tobacco

Last edited:

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
I can mention I know of 25 people from the UK and 25 ppl from the US who did NOT get a Paypal refund who were denied because of ECig purchases....I'm not going to debate you...U can read the numerous denial threads at FT forums yourself...also here in another area sub forums, there is a lengthy Paypal thread with peoples experiences and their policy, which U can read....most ppl don't know about the Ebay and Paypal policy regarding Ecigs , so I was only trying to help the OP goober, not play debate games with you...U have a good one,later

My last post on this subject. I actually contacted PayPal and asked about their policy regarding selling Ecig gear. They explained it to me exactly as I have posted here.
No debate...I'm just posting the facts from my research when I was considering becoming a Vendor. Have a good one :D

Did you know that at one point U.S. based Vendor's were allowed to use PP? Do you know the name of the group that pressured PP into cancelling all U.S. Vendors accounts? There's also a very strange story associated with the main group and their affiliate group.

Last edited:

Ref Minor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
UK
I can mention I know of 25 people from the UK and 25 ppl from the US who did NOT get a Paypal refund who were denied because of ECig purchases at FT,....I'm not going to debate you...U can read the numerous Paypal refund denial threads at the FT forums yourself...also here in another area sub forums, there is a lengthy Paypal thread with peoples experiences and their policy, which U can read....most ppl don't know about the Ebay and Paypal policy regarding Ecigs , so I was only trying to help the OP goober, not play debate games with you...I have read many posts where ppl from all over the world including the UK and USA who were denied Paypal refunds, but also I have read where some have been refunded...so its a gamble, and not consistent, regardless of what U may think....U have a good one,later

BTW..Paypal is owned by Ebay, which calls the shots about policies..

On October 3, 2002, PayPal became a wholly owned subsidiary of eBay.[5] Its corporate headquarters are in San Jose, California,[2] United States at eBay's North First Street satellite office campus. The company also has significant operations in Omaha, Nebraska, Scottsdale, Arizona, Charlotte, North Carolina and Austin, Texas in the United States; Chennai in India; Dublin in Ireland; Kleinmachnow in Germany; and Tel Aviv in Israel. From July 2007, PayPal has operated across the European Union as a Luxembourg-based bank.

eBay Inc. is an American multinational internet consumer-to-consumer corporation, headquartered in San Jose, California

Not allowed

Any item containing tobacco and intended for consumption

Blunts or cigar wraps

Chewing tobacco

Cigarettes (including flavored cigarettes)

Cigars

Cuban cigars (see our embargoed goods and prohibited countries policy)

Dipping tobacco

Electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes) and components

Herbal cigarettes or herbal tobacco (sometimes called nicotine-free cigarettes or tobacco-free cigarettes)

Hookah or Shisha molasses that contains tobacco

Including photos of cigarettes, cigars, and other tobacco items when selling cigar bands, collectible packaging, or other accessories

Loose leaf tobacco

Nicotine inhalers or nasal sprays (see our medical drugs and devices policy)

Pipe tobacco

Smokeless tobacco

There is no doubt eBay/Paypal is a US headquartered company, however many international companies alter their rules to fit in with the laws and cultures of the other countries in which they trade. Companies that go into other countries with a "**** you, we are American" attitude tend not to be as successful overseas than those who are able to adapt. If PayPal refused to refund me for an ecig legally purchased I would see them in the UK small claims courts.

szot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
ALL I can say is I have read posts from people in the UK and other countries who were refused PayPal refunds due to the purchase of Ecigs...and their posts actually included copies of the denial letters from Paypal....I don't know their "official" policy in every country, just what I read from their website..and peoples experiences in other non USA countries..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread