what are the dangers of vaping below 1 ohm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Equality 7-2521

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2013
oakland ca.
Hi vets,

I'm relatively new, and know next to nothing about electricity. I recently bought an aga -t and have been having a great time making different styles of coils.

I've been watching youtube about twisted wire coils,and thought I'd like to try it.My plan is to buy a silver bullet as i was lead to believe you shouldn't use vv devices with coils below 1.5.and I only have a little spinner.

As I've researched sub 1 ohm vaping I'm finding people violently opposed to it, and say it's dangerous.

my question is is sub 1 ohm vaping dangerous or is it only dangerous if you do it wrong?what makes it dangerous.

My plan is to use a silver bullet with unprotected batteries vape like .9ohm coils on 3.7 volt mod.Is it risky? to me or my mod.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
The danger comes from current draw, the damage to the battery from the current draw and the throat hit of vaping slightly over 15 Watts.

If you want to find the Wattage of power consumed take the voltage, square it and divide by the resistance in Ohms. if if the battery is fully charged, 4.2 volts, then the power is about 19 Watts. Which is over 5 amps of current. A standard 510 or eGo is 4 Watts.

I really don't know how juice is going to wick to the coil fast enough not to result in sucking the fumes of a dry burn down with each hit. As long as you battery's C rating is high enough, and it is of a safe chemistry type, plus the switch can handle the ampere flow, you should be pretty well set up to be inhaling dry burns to your hearts content.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread