What are the hardest hitting 26650 mechs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
I'm not entirely sure since I've never had a 26650 mod. But, I'm guessing the copper 2six clone I ordered will hit like a monster. All copper and hybrid top cap. My 18650 hybrid top mods are definitely heavy hitters.

$24.27 2SIX Style Mechanical Mod - 26650 / copper at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

5E6K9vA.png

wasteyrself

Nov 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
I like to imagine that if an 18650 mod hits really hard, that its 26650 counterpart will hit just as hard or harder if it's built with the same materials on the body and contacts. You can always buy a Fuhattan in 26650, or if you don't want another Fu, get a Mutant or a Nemesis. That 2SIX style clone above this post also looks really slick.

sando7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Louisville, KY (PRP)
my Helmsman hits like a train, rockin a .4 build of 26ga Kanthal on a 28.5 Tobh with a chuff top.....i also beveled the end of my tube so the switch doesn't catch, fires everytime......my stingrayX 26650 in hybrid mode with a 30mm Veritas with a single coil of 26ga @ .4 ain't shabby either.....have a cerebus on my Hades and nit's so so

Chelonian

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
Upper East TN
my Helmsman hits like a train, rockin a .4 build of 26ga Kanthal on a 28.5 Tobh with a chuff top.....i also beveled the end of my tube so the switch doesn't catch, fires everytime......my stingrayX 26650 in hybrid mode with a 30mm Veritas with a single coil of 26ga @ .4 ain't shabby either.....have a cerebus on my Hades and nit's so so

A buddy of mine has a Helmsman, and the button is crunchy as h@11, and fires inconsistantly.
What did you do to the switch of yours?

Redacted

sando7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Louisville, KY (PRP)
A buddy of mine has a Helmsman, and the button is crunchy as h@11, and fires inconsistantly.
What did you do to the switch of yours?

Redacted

beveled the bottom of the tube on the outside inward with a fine grit file, had to play with it till it was rite, no crunch and smoooth as silk now.....left the switch as it was once you bevel the tube it doesn't catch anymore

i hated this mod until i did that

Last edited:
I'm a huge copper fan myself, and I think you're right on the beam. One additional word I will give tho... get some Brasso, and do a very careful, thorough and detailed cleaning... dont forget the threads in the tube and the firing pins, then it will hit like a hammer! I love the whole patina thing, that's kinda my maintenance meter. When I have to polish, I just do the whole cleaning bit again, and bingo! I'm always a happy camper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread