The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

What are the latest/best batteries for GG mechs?

Discussion in 'The GG' started by subver, Jan 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. subver

subver Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 18, 2012
    United States
    I think I need to find some new batteries for my mech (Esterigon then hopefully Cybrillion)

I've been out of the loop on all of this so I really don't know what the new best batteries are, especially safe batteries for mechs with the possibility of going sub-ohm. Forgive my newbie questions... I've been vaping for about 6 years now but really just fell into a groove of just using the same stuff over and over. Time to upgrade my stuff!

I did get some Sony VTC6 18650 3000mAh 15A batteries recently and they were nice but to be honest I don't like them as much as my older Orbtronic PD2900 18650 2900mAh 10A batteries. Not sure what it is, they always feel less powerful than the Orbtronics and don't seem to last as long? I could be wrong, just an observation..

What batteries do you guys use for your GG mechs? At this point I'm not sure if I'll be going sub-ohm or not, I'm honestly at a bit of a loss with the new coils with soft zirconium I will be making so I really don't know what my final coil resistance will be, or what I want... I was always used to ~1ohm, maybe less, microcoils but things will be changing when I set my TAE up (larger coil diameter, unsure of soft Zirconium coil resistance goal, etc).

So, any battery suggestions? What are all of you guys using for your mech mods these days?

Thanks everyone :)

And thanks for putting up with my flood of questions and posts lately!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Hi mate,
    Last year my Esterigon twins used Samsung 25Rs.
    This year I got them Samsung 30Qs.
    Both with V1 Tilemahos' ; spring-o and regular rebuildables. SS/spring-o at .4Ω minimum. Average= .6Ω-1.0Ω.

HTH
    Cheers
    I

• Like Like x 2
  3. gratefulbuddy

gratefulbuddy Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 19, 2010
    KC MO USA
    VTC5A here

• Like Like x 1
  4. subver

subver Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 18, 2012
    United States
    Nice, thanks guys. Did a bit more research as well but ended up getting 2 Samsung 30Q's and 2 VTC5A's. Figured I could use them for different builds depending on the resistance.. so I've got a nice cache of good batteries now, with those, the Orbtronics that I still use (although they are old, I should probably phase them out, but they still perform well) and then I have 3 VTC6's (I am gonna have to rewrap those as they were pretty snug in my Esterigon and the casings kind of wore out a little.. I imagine they'll fit better once I get a Cybrillion but we'll see)

Anyway thanks for the suggestions! Gonna have a better selection of batteries now :)

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.