What are the latest knowledge about toxicity of vaping VG/PG ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Uh..... nothing? I believe the government has stopped funding "studies" about the dangers of any part of vaping how they have found a way to effectively kill it over time. They are good.

I have not seen any "Big news" about VG/PG but I will say this. I started vaping full time (I will admit I fall off the wagon here and there but hardly at all anymore) and well, the "pneumonia scarring" my doc was worried was a tumor was completely non existent on a contrast MRI I got in the hospital during "COVID DAYS" for me even though they told me it would be permanent. So I'm not that worried about it. It's certainly not making anything worse.

Anna

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
The toxicity of nicotine we probably all know about, but what are the latest news about the dangers of vaping VG/PG ?
The toxicity of nicotine is generally over stated. (LD50)
Just guessing, but PG/VG are probably just as toxic as water.
How many liters per day are you planning to consume?

Cheers
I

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
The toxicity of nicotine we probably all know about, but what are the latest news about the dangers of vaping VG/PG ?

If I gave you 2 or 3 Opinions, but their Conclusions were Divergent, who would You Believe?

Seiggy

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2012
Irwin, Pennsylvania
Well all I can say from personal experience, I've be vaping only since 2012 (40+ years smoking 1.5 pack a day). Since 2019 April, I've had 3 PET scans, monthly blood tests and my O2 levels are between 97-100%. My doctors have told me my lungs have been improving all along. I'm about 92% clear of stage-4 as of July 2020. They know I vape and have not been concerned based on the results of all tests. Take if for what's it worth, because I'm just one of many. Oh, I never stopped vaping.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
approx. 5ml :)

I wouldn't worry about it.

Actually (now that I think about it), I haven't worried about it, at least not over the past nine years. I retain the right to change my mind but I'll be the most surprised of all if I ever do.

Vapin' on... :vapor:

Winblows

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2017
Copenhagen (UTC+1)
Stay below 450°F to avoid the nasties.
Bump your nicotine level, if needed, to reduce your daily consumption of diluent.

Cheers
I
I agree, but I don't feel that I get what I need from below 450°F.
When using TC, I usually vape on 460 - 480 (depends on the mod).
Most of the time I vape with 18 - 22 Watt (MTL no TC).

Reactions: stols001

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I agree, but I don't feel that I get what I need from below 450°F.
When using TC, I usually vape on 460 - 480 (depends on the mod).
Most of the time I vape with 18 - 22 Watt (MTL no TC).
So you're saying you need something stronger than 20mg/ml EU nicotine?
PM me.

Cheers
I

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I haven't even read the thread yet (and not giving you a hard time in any way) but even nicotine isn't that bad (compared to caffeine and especially alcohol... both seem to be perfectly acceptable to society) VG, PG are really not a big deal (nobody is claiming they are 100 % safe but what really is... diet soda sure the heck is not) I vaped for months (quit smoking) and now have slipped back into smoking (yes, I hate myself) and I can tell you smoking is so much worse than vaping! Did I mention it is SO MUCH WORSE THAN VAPING. I still vape and hope to get back off the tobacco... when I just vaped, my health was great, my lungs felt great, went to the doc and my oxygen was 98. I fear that people like you will just turn more people (smokers and/or young people considering smoking) away from vaping because of fear. We don't need this... nuff said.

riz.cit06

Jul 17, 2020
I had an interesting conversation with a Vape shop owner/attendant last year(who happened to be a doctor of Medicine & Pulmonology in his main job). He advised strongly to vape as little liquid as possible(2ml-4ml) per day, since "mucociliary dysfunction" can be something happening to you, resulting in coughing, colored mucus etc. He also advised to raise nic level, if necessary to consume liquid in a reasonable amount.

Then again, he was a MTL vaper, like me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Electrodave

Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
My neurologist is also the Assistant Chief of Staff at the hospital he's affiliated with. I asked him what he thought about vaping. He said that some time back, he had posed the same question to a couple of pulmonologists he was eating lunch with. They were both certain that it was less harmful than smoking. Then one of them told my doctor that if someone vapes for 20 years, they still don't know what to expect. But if someone smokes for 20 years, they know exactly what to expect.

Javichu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
I did forget rubber teeth, I'm not sure I could forget that thread.

You summoned me?

man-with-no-teeth-picture.jpg

On a more serious note i was talking to this Respiratory Physician in the private clinic where my pops got his radiotherapy.

This is a high end classy vip place,amount of expensive cars parked outside boggles my mind.

Well anyway he was in the bar way back in a table with a little mat and doing some vape related stuff.
I always like to chat with fellow vapers in real life,you know see what setup we using,flavors and stuff like that.

Asked him if i could sit in the table next to him and we started talking.

He said that the way that all this is handled is major BS specially in the Us and Australia.
Guy spoke and read perfect english so he was up to date with all studies and news regarding vaping.

We both agreed that the public medical service in Spain should offer some sort of ''help'' to people that want to quit smoking.

Smoker visits his doctor,said doctor should mention vaping and if the patient is interested he should be able to get some sort of subsidized bonus.

Interesting piece of info the government gets a pretty good chunk of change from those nasty ''help to quit smoking pills'' so either way the government always wins,you smoke they get money...you quit they get money.

Doc agreed with me that even if in Spain we don't have the acetate problem but probably in a few years the government is going to tax the hell out of nicotine...screwing us all in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread