Not open for further replies.

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
Hey guys, I just was curious to see what liquids you guys are "working on" - maybe we can give suggestions to each other or try them ourselves.

Right now I'm working on a tobacco/maple/brown sugar flavor. I'm still new, so what I did was mixed individual flavors with nic base and then added these flavors to a "final" mix. My brown sugar is still really light, so I will need to add more flavor to that one.

Anyway, right now I'm using:
-40 drops Hangsen RY1 (ECX - 5 drops to 5ml base)
-40 drops Real Cig (VZ - I think 5-6 drops to 5ml base)
-75 drops Maple (LorAnn - 2 drops to 3ml)
-55 drops Brown Sugar (TFA - 2 drops to 5ml base)
-2 tiny drops of AP (TFA - drops from those little plastic pipettes that come with TFA orders)
-1-2 tiny drops of MTS Vape Wizard

I just updated the juice tonight but so far it's tasting really good! I think the Real Cig is still overpowering the juice a bit, but I will try it again after a week to see how it steeped. The Brown Sugar is still really light but I can taste it, it has a slightly sweet hint to it. It's a little woody, slightly nutty.. still not very mapley so I will probably add more of that. Maybe some Graham Cracker. Maybe another tobacco as well? Not sure..

Any suggestions? This is pretty much my first real flavor I'm mixing myself...

One thing I'm wondering about is figuring out real flavor percentages when I get the perfect mixture.. especially because I've been mixing flavors by drops, then drops from THOSE mixes into the final product. Hopefully that won't be too much of a pain in the ....!

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
I'm making my own Tea Extracts for flavoring juices, and I'm trying to dial in some new juices using lemon, strawberry and jasmine flavors...

Nice, that's the next thing I want to try, that and tobacco extracts.
I was also thinking of adding something like almond oil or a tiny tiny bit of cherry flavor to my work in progress.. Just something to make it pop a little.. Maybe even a little vanilla.. Not sure, I'll have to try it on a smaller batch first!

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
I'm still working on a good Vanilla Ice Cream.

Today I made a try:
Vanilla Ice Cream Bean 6%
Sweet Cream 1%
French Vanilla 1%
Vanillin a drop

The juice smells great will try tomorrow how it taste like. My worry is, it's not sweet enough because I don't have any weetener to add.
That sounds good!

FinallyQuit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2011
SC
Yesterday I extracted my favorite coffee. It turns out I can vape it full strength. Put 15% in vg last night, we'll see what happens.

Trying again I put together Stevo's Vanilla Custard last night, it smelled like caramel. Waiting until tonight to taste both of these.

Still waiting to taste my BHT and Hpnoba.

Think I should stop mixing until I catch up on tweaking these. . .

michaelsil1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Los Angeles
Think I should stop mixing until I catch up on tweaking these. . .

If this is a question I say no don't stop mixing. I've gotten adventurous on a couple of recipes (Banana Rum 7 ingredients) and I know it's going to need to steep for a long time. So instead of trying to rush these I just make some more and patiently let the more complex ones sit.

mochachocolatto

Verified Member
Apr 4, 2013
Jax Fl
I did a test run on this one last night .I was going for a watermelon aqua breeze drink .I would love to know if anyone has had any luck with alcohol flavorings, and if they could help a mix like the one below .I have been wanting to try the TPA Jamaican Rum .
For 5 ML batch
0.2 ML TPA watermelon
0.1 ML LO watermelon
6 DR TPA key lime
1 DR TPA tangerine
1 DR koolada
small amount of Em for sweetness

Last edited:

shroom

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2013
Brooklyn
If this is a question I say no don't stop mixing. I've gotten adventurous on a couple of recipes (Banana Rum 7 ingredients) and I know it's going to need to steep for a long time. So instead of trying to rush these I just make some more and patiently let the more complex ones sit.

Did you think to get an ultrasonic container?

michaelsil1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Los Angeles
I need to get some glass bottles and a magnetic stirring rod so I can use my hot plate magnetic stirrer, that should speed things up pretty fast! Maybe faster than an ultra sonic cleaner? Not sure if anyone has experience with those and steep times.

I want to try one of these

Last edited:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I'm still working on a good Vanilla Ice Cream.

Today I made a try:
Vanilla Ice Cream Bean 6%
Sweet Cream 1%
French Vanilla 1%

Vanillin a drop

The juice smells great will try tomorrow how it taste like. My worry is, it's not sweet enough because I don't have any sweetener to add.

Everything I've read points to Creams needing to steep for a couple of weeks.
After letting a Mix with Bavarian creams sit for 3 weeks, I concur. Sample test after 4 days was nasty. Final was nice.

shroom

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2013
Brooklyn
Everything I've read points to Creams needing to steep for a couple of weeks.
After letting a Mix with Bavarian creams sit for 3 weeks, I concur. Sample test after 4 days was nasty. Final was nice.

I hope you are right. I gave it the sonic bath and now two days after I don't really like the taste even though it has to be ready.

FinallyQuit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2011
SC
Hey, I got a sample of that energy drink too! Let us know how that works, I don't drink them and don't know what they are supposed to taste like. The flavor smells yummy.

*eta: My take on Stevo's Vanilla Custard is currently at work with me in the T3, it's not perfect but it's pretty tasty. Guess if I don't use it all up I can let you know what it tastes like after a good long steep!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread