What battery,is it one 18650 or 2-18350 for a Vamo/Bamboo APV V3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P0P

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
C'Ville Virginia
momandpopvaporshop.com
Hello roberted

Welcome! to Mom and Pop's

I would personally go with the 18650 my self if you do that i will toss in a extra battery for you so you have two, its very important to have two batteries using one and having one for a spare,you should be good to go just use the comments so folks in the packing room know i said you get a spare battery :)

Thank you

roberted5

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2010
Missouri
There's one e-liquid I like,it's light green in color and is one of these,slight black liquirsh taste.
1 x American Blend
(Nicotine Level: 18mg, Size: 15ml)
1 x RY4 Tobacco
1 x 10FORTY
1 x Tobacco Haze
(Nicotine Level: 18mg, Size: 30ml)
1 x Pchela's Famous 5 Layer
(Nicotine Level: 10mg, Size: 10ml)
1 x RY4v2 Tobacco
1 x Bud's Blend

P0P

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
C'Ville Virginia
momandpopvaporshop.com
Hi
ok lets see

There's one e-liquid I like,it's light green in color and is one of these,slight black liquirsh taste.

OOPS! lol its 1040 that has that

I run all the carto,s on the vv mods i personally like the 3.0 boge the best and yes turn you voltage up as you would like. In a fresh carto i tend to start out at a lower range to make sure the juice settles in before hitting it at higher voltage

I would go with the 18650 personally that's what i use and seems to work well. I hope that helps:)

Last edited:

roberted5

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2010
Missouri
Yes I do prefer tobacco flavor and a few samples would be fantasic.I just placed my order.
I got a few 1.7 cartomizer for a assembled sub tank and 2.0 for a assembled mini sub tank.
I am 98% sure I got the right cartomizers for the tanks I order.
Thanks for the extra battery.I have a charger or I would have grabbed one also.
thank you,
Robert

thehangdude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
I would use the EH IMR battery. You can use one 18650 for longest vaping time. I use one IMR 18350 for a shorter mod.

One of the best things about the VAMO is how easy it is to use. It is a perfect first adjustable mod. I use 3.0 xl cartos in a Sub Tank at 4.7-5.0 volts. Or lower ohm catro/attys at 3.7-4.2 volts.

P0P has good advise about fresh cartos. Start at a lower voltage for the first few hits. Then top off and adjust up voltage.

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Frank's ford, in the Caintuck
Sounds great.I may ask a few more questions before I order.Ultrafire is that a good one?

I've never had a problem with an Ultrafire battery, other than occasionally not fitting in a mod/apv/term of the moment. However, for "variable" devices like the VAMO/Bamboo IMR batteries are the best choice (as Hangdude said). The device itself has current and polarity protection built-in so you don't need it on a battery, and a lot of protected batteries will have their protection kick in before the device so you don't have the full range of potential available that the device offers. Just make sure that you either have a smart charger that actually cuts off when the battery is fully charged (some say they do but actually go into a trickle charge) or that you monitor the charging process (which is easier with IMR since they tend to charge faster than protected batteries).

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Frank's ford, in the Caintuck
When you change value of tanks,2-3ohms,do you set them to same voltage on device or tune to your liking.It'll be my 1st adjustable,I seem to like 2.4ohms using an Ego 510 650mah.
This is my last question.

I would suggest using the variable wattage function of the VAMO/Bamboo rather than the variable voltage.

The variable voltage will let you "tune" your vape, but it will have to be redone for each 'mizer (since even the nominal rating from the factory is more of a "target within a range" and a box of 1.7 ohm cartos can vary from 1.5 to 1.9 ohms and still be within "factory specs").

The variable wattage is just as easy to tune, but it works by adjusting the voltage automatically to adapt to the resistance of the 'mizer. As long as the resistance is within the device's tolerances (too low and the device reads it as a short [usually between 1 and 1.2 ohms, depending on the device], too high and it will require more voltage than the electronics can put out [but you shouldn't have any problems at all with anything 3 ohms or less]). This means that not only can you change 'mizers without worrying about the resistance of the new one, but that your vape won't change at all over the course of the life of the 'mizer (they generally increase in resistance with use, though usually only slightly).

I don't have a VAMO/Bamboo, but I do have a SiD, eVic and Provari. The Provari, being variable voltage, I have to constantly fiddle with since the actual output drops slightly as the battery is discharged, and every new 'mizer has a slightly different resistance. The eVic and Sid are both set to control the wattage and I only have to change either of them when I change flavours, as different flavours tend to taste "best" at slightly different temperature.

TLDR: set the wattage and you won't have to worry about it ;)

roberted5

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2010
Missouri
I can read ohms on carts or atom.

Are there any directions online or forum for the Vamo/Bamboo APV V3?What does APV stand for?Adjustable p-- voltage?

Does it come with directions?

I just watched a video and Vamo looks great.The video shows stacking using 2-18350's with Vamo or 1 18350 for short version or 1-18650.
Does it all,reads value of atom or cart,set volts or watts,check battery voltage,etc...

I don't work on Sundays if all possible,slept half the day and now I can not sleep.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread