what box mod should I get please help at a loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

josh vap4life

Dec 14, 2014
with so many different brands and models i have absolutely no idea where to begin my nicest vw mod is the sigelei 30 watt 2 things I hate about it only builds to .5 and when the coil is built that low a fresh battery will last 5 minitues of vaping then start to display check battery even with a 1.2 at 20 watts will only work half battery approx 30-45/min big inconvenience I would prefer a box mod I can run on 2 18650 batteries and that can build down to .2 also would like to stay under 200$ would love the flask but way to far out my price range any suggestions would be awesome and if there is any common features I have over looked please inform me quite new to the vw mod I have always used mech mods and it seems like more and more people are switching to the vw mod I almost don't even see mechs anymore so I want to stick with what's working for other vapers

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
What kind of batteries are you using? It sounds to me like they might be going bad.

If you have a $200 budget, I would get a Vapor Shark rDNA 40. Yes, it's a single battery, but it works well down to 3.3 volts where most Chinese chips only work well down to 3.7 volts so the useable battery life is much longer, and it has a built in charger you can use if needed.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
I'm using the AW 18650 batteries not sure what amp yep but I just bought on ebay like a week ago so I know they're not going bad they work fine on my Mech mods. so I would assume that is a regulated device?

You're literally playing with explosives if you are sub ohming on batteries with an unknown discharge rate. The batteries could also be clones if you got them from ebay.

Did your old batteries work in the Sigelei? How much voltage sag do you see on that PV (i.e. what is the resting voltage and what is the voltage when you fire it, or in other words, what is the voltage under load)? Your mech mod isn't going to care if the batteries can handle the load or not, it's just going to damage the battery and make them dangerous.

Can you give a link to the battery you bought? Can i assume it's IMR?

josh vap4life

Dec 14, 2014
2X AW IMR 18650 Li MN Rechargeable Battery 2000mAh Highdrain Buttontop Batteries | eBay

Yes imr..resting v is 4.2 I want to say n not sure while under load
IMG_20150111_152928911.jpg IMG_20150111_152928911.jpg

thanantos

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
God mod n 150 I have heard that anything over like 50w is kinda over kill I want practical with great vapor production
I am a dripper but have been digging rta's lately RDA build usaly between .3-.6. RTA build .5-1.0
Well, a mod is just a big adjustable battery. That doesn't produce vapor. Sounds like you need to discuss RDA's and builds.

Spirometry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2014
New Orleans
So the "fake battery" I just thru in the sigelei. not fully charged keep in mind. Resting V is 3.85...under load reads between 2.6 n 2.9 V
I also have a for sure 100% ligit aw 18650 View attachment 403393
Bought from my local b-n-m vape shop. Thru that in the sigelei at rest ( not fully charged but more than the other one) reads 3.19. And under load 3.0-3.19

AW's don't have a solid black recycle symbol.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
So the "fake battery" I just thru in the sigelei. not fully charged keep in mind. Resting V is 3.85...under load reads between 2.6 n 2.9 V
I also have a for sure 100% ligit aw 18650 View attachment 403393
Bought from my local b-n-m vape shop. Thru that in the sigelei at rest ( not fully charged but more than the other one) reads 3.19. And under load 3.0-3.19

Definitely bad batteries and you should thank your Sigelei for protecting you. A good, brand new battery will drop maybe .2 volts or so (like your legit battery does). I don't know what kind of drop is the limit for safety, but I tend to put batteries aside if they drop more than .4-.5 volts (which may happen as the battery ages). Also, at 3.19 volts for your legit battery, it time to get that thing charged.

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
let me add my voice for the yihi sx mini- just an incredible mod at a reasonable price for what it does. unlike the vaporshark(or ANY evolv powered mod) the yihi board allows for future upgrades with a simple download. right now the mod is configured at 60 watts but a future download will bump that up to 120watts. evolv doesn't allow for upgrades, you must buy new product to get their latest offerings- not very consumer-friendly. the sx mini with its 5 memory settings and 3 vape modes(soft, standard, and powerful) will open up a world of vaping you haven't experienced before. i know my e-liquid tastes better because of the different modes. at less than $200 it will be the only mod you will ever need and you will be amazed every day you vape with it.......(oh yeah, i forgot, it even allows you to bypass the board and vape with it like a mech mod- very cool!). now it really does do everything, get it and you will never regret it......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread