Status
Not open for further replies.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Oh my, major flashbacks to carts/blue foam/tea bags...
banghead.gif

Without a doubt fer moi, it was, and still is, DELIVERY!

Don't care how many volts/amps/ohms/watts ya got, if ya don't keep da coil(s) happy, it's all fer naught.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I found the right delivery system first, which was just dripping with a standard 510 atomizer.

After a few years I upgraded my power delivery by switching to 4.8 volt NiMH batteries.
And when Twists came out I "upgraded" to variable voltage instead.

Still dripping though, and still using those standard 510 atomizers.
:)

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Each upgrade I chose was as a set - Power and delivery
Not to say they all worked well together
With in groupings I tried variations on delivery.

I Actually reached the better delivery system by chance before finding my now preferred power delivery system. Seemsd Kanger tanks work well with a variety of PV bases

degnr8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Aberdeen,WA,U.S.A
My first PV was a Janty stick, so I guess technically I started with power, but
tank, carto, clearo
none of these existed back then. Cartridges that fit into what we now call dripping attys were all anybody made, so I took up dripping pretty quickly and they have yet to come up with anything that delivers the juice as well so I've stuck to it. Now I use a bottom feeder though so I can do it one handed and blind.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
After starting out vaping with cigalikes, I realized I needed to upgrade both the power and the delivery to acheive what I was missing.

I happened to skip the eGo stage altogether and went with both a small and large battery mechanical mod, an AltSmoke BB (14500) and Silver Bullet (18650). This allowed me to not only get much improved power (and battery time) but also more options in delivery devices (more variety & higher liquid capacity). After a clearomizer melted literally within 5 minutes of being filled with a volatile flavor, I started using pyrex cartotanks, and those have been my primary delivery device since. I've also used RBAs.

After experiencing what variable voltage could do with a Kick in a Silver Bullet, I upgraded to a Provari for easier on-the-go voltage changing, built-in ohm & battery voltage metering, and LED display.

clear&frosted-tank-1.jpg Family2.jpg AGA T2 on Provari's.jpg Silver Bullet with AGA T2.jpg

Last edited:

Codz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2013
Lancashire
The first couple of devices i vaped with were kits so the power and delivery came together. I'm still experimenting with different delivery devices - sometimes i like dripping in a 510 atty, sometimes a carto tank, and use protank 2 most often, mainly because it's the most convenient and provides a satisfactory vape.

I'm still struggling like hell trying to build coils for my KFL & Aga but hoping they will be a step up in delivery methods :)

Power-wise I'm more than happy with what i have now and dont need to buy anything else (although i'm sure 'need' wont matter too much when 'want' comes back into play)

nqabassist26

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2011
SoCal
Started with cigalikes many moons ago, didn't event understand fully how ecigs worked.
Came and roamed the ECF for a long time (couple years before I made an account), then eventually bought an ego and some 306 dripping atties.

Every time I've upgraded PVs, I upgraded my delivery system with it. However, after buying a Provari a couple years ago I have been strictly upgrading my delivery. (Besides tinkering with mechs and RBAs).

So at this point, I think my delivery system is the first I upgrade.

i have stuck with the second brand i have ever purchased. mostly because when trying new brands and battery types they always fail or lack charge at some point and the first e-cig i ever used was a real crappy separate atomizer, battery and tip format which always broke within a week.

now i use the standard cigarette looking battery with cartomizer, suites me best

Last edited:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I started with an eGo kit. The delivery that comes with the kit sucked, I just didn't know it at the time ;)
I would say my power came first with the eGo Twist. A month later, I upgraded to what I'm currently using: Vivi Nova. Since I knew that vaping would work and did work, Mr. Robin got me a better power device for Christmas last year. A Provari.

My current setup is a Provari and the Nova. I'm totally satisfied with the combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread