What Can I Buy With $10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annie56

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
image.jpg
I've always been intrigued by the AIOS. When you Google 'genisis rba', this three-hundred-pound atty always shows up in the search results. So being the clone freak that i am, i picked a couple up for $10 each. One from VividSmoke with laser engraving, and two from Discount Vapers, sans logo.
They can be run without tanks, as drippers, with mesh or any other wicking. They can be run in tank mode, with mesh or ss cable and mesh, or prolly fibrous wicks, tho that may be tricky.
(I never built Kayfuns or Russians or any bottom coil attys, other than Protank heads)
This is a true UPSIDE-DOWN GENISIS.
You build a genny coil on the deck. The wick extends UP, from the coil to the tank, where it threads in through a hole in the base of the tank. You have to use a jig that fits perfectly into the tank hole. I used a 2.0mm coil jig. 7/6 wrap 30gkan. Installed the coil on the deck, with Phillips screws. Easy. Made sure coil was perfectly centered between the posts. 1.5Ω. 20mm wide by 25mm tall little square of 200 mesh rolled tight. Made sure wick slid in and out of tank easily. Put wick in the coil. Pic is an earlier build that i did w 32g. Pulse out the coil. Primed the wick and put alittle juice in the dripper well. Wicked and vaped nice. Gr8. Now I gotta fit a metal tank on top of my nice coil. (.That in my hand is a pic of my old 32g coil, without the wick). So the tank situation worked out. Screwed tank on, to the collar that screws onto the build deck. Closed off the AIR HOLES!! So the atty doesn't flood on me. Quickly put some juice in tank, screw the cap on with a COIN. Screw on the cover/drip tip sleeve. My six-hundred-pound chunk of metal is a hybrid atty, that connects directly to the pos end of my battery. I am using this on my ChiPoo. After this, im gonna have me some muscles.I store these upside down with the afc ring closed. Can't figure out how to get them to not flood. I may never will. Fun atty!!Cool vape, but warmer than the 32g build. That vape on this was COLD. Not cool, COLD!! Weird.
Cappuccino is nice in this!!
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
All I can say about the AIOS:

I wish you the best of luck and may Patience be your friend. :D

I'm not a big fan of what I call "blind mesh builds". Meaning; you give it your best shot, say a prayer, close it off and hope it somehow works. :D

One of the things that make gennies so excellent for mesh (IMO) is that you can see them working before putting the cap on. Putting the cap on changes nothing. And if there happens to be a problem anyway, you just pop the cap off and fix it. The AIOS - if wick is snug enough not to leak - is aaalmost destined to push/prod/squash/rock the wick when you put the tank on, making hotspots aaalmost inevitable.

Reactions: Annie56

Annie56

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
As you prolly already know, WattWick--the authentic AIOS is very expensive, and very hard to find. Seriously--the clones are dirt cheap.
Machining-wise, and quality of build--I'm quite impressed.
Yes, yes, and yes to everything that you mentioned above.
Because, pretty much YES--after you have your coil firing perfectly--you get to then screw a clunky metal tank on top of it.

Vape-wise--when i have gotten it to actually work--is pure and tasty. But it is COLD.

This is never ever a device that I will use as an all-day vape. Or something that I would ever take out-and-about. I just got to thinking about trying a new build on it whilst at work, so I figured that I would share it with you guys.

Where did the designer of this atty ever get the notion that this concept would actually work????LOL

Peace, Annie

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
I have a clone myself. Certainly can't fault the quality. Impressively well made, IMO.

I share your thoughts on it's worthiness as an all-day device. But, it is fun to play around with. I've even gotten it working quite well a couple of times. Maybe it's in the nature of some gennie lovers - "WILL...MAKE...IT...WORK...!!". :D

It's just one of those odd designs I wanted in my "collection". I'm just as much a sucker for the odd designs as I am for chasing whatever may be "Best Atty Ever!" :D

Annie56

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
My fav attys are the Lines. Easy to set up. I really like the center wick design, and not having to worry about where the airhole in the cap is when i screw it on. I don't take it out of the house, because of the glass tank. Am already wondering what i will do to get replacements. Wondering if a steel tank would be possible w this atty, i love it so much.
Got Silver Dog Hybrid mod clone from Fasttech, dirt cheap. Van's Vapehouse (Line) clone. Same deal, with the center wick design. Love the vape on it as well, and the ease of setting up. I don't take it out of the house either, as i don't want to have to drag around a case of 18350 batteries and a charger.
My Nextgens are my out-and-about rigs, on Tesla Sub Box mods. Built-in two 18650 batts, charge w a USB cable. Never have to charge them, since NG have a 1.0Ω coil. The vape is nice, but muted compared to the Line.
But yeah, would i call the Line my 'unicorn'. It is what i have been searching for :D

Reactions: northhar

Annie56

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
:) I have seen this many times and did not get it for some reason. I may now just because and why not. Here is another cheap genny everyone should have I got mine a few days ago and just love it.

IN'AX Mk2r Styled RTA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer
I have the clones, and can't get them to work. Those springs that came with mine don't hold the wire. Pos pin oxidises. I wish that in'ax used a nut, like the Nextgen.
I do not really recommend the AIOS, but if you have a mod that accepts this hybrid atty and $10 burning a hole in your pocket, give it a go. Hybrid connection has an adjustable screw.

yourgurnard

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
London
Those springs that came with mine don't hold the wire. Pos pin oxidises. I wish that in'ax used a nut, like the Nextgen.
Word!!
Spot-on, the In'Ax hybrid that I got is the same:- I ended up just clamping the pos. coil lead to the pin with pliers but it can move....& yes, the pin looks ROTTEN after exposure to My NET juices!! Tho' to be fair, ditto the pos. pin in My Next-Gens....

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
I have the clones, and can't get them to work. Those springs that came with mine don't hold the wire. Pos pin oxidises. I wish that in'ax used a nut, like the Nextgen.
I do not really recommend the AIOS, but if you have a mod that accepts this hybrid atty and $10 burning a hole in your pocket, give it a go. Hybrid connection has an adjustable screw.
Here is what I am running in mine. Its 28g I do have to fold over the end of the wire for a good connection but it works fine. 26g is the max it will take and 30g I had to fold the wire over once to get it to catch so yes there is a little problem with the springs but 28g and up is fine.

GrYnHz0.jpg

Annie56

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
Yes, Northar, i really like center-wick designs, and the Nextgens. I just unboxed my Next Tinys a couple days ago. I am going to retire the larger version NextGen for the time being.

My juices trash coils. Heavy tobacco and cappuccino flavors. I dry burn my to-go rigs every three days or so. Next Tinys seem to lend themselves to 'tootie-puffing' better. Not sure, but i think maybe it isn't as necessary to create a big vacuum with the diminutive tank size of the Tiny. Plus, will only have to 'waste' a fraction of juice. Those VWMods are something else, eh?

Reactions: northhar

yourgurnard

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
London
I just unboxed my Next Tinys a couple days ago. I am going to retire the larger version NextGen for the time being.
Are these clones? I've ordered a Nextiny & another Nextgen from FT (tho' won't see 'em for weeks & weeks!...)
I'm hoping that the insulator in the 510 is removable/replaceable....My existing Nextgens have had to be shelved atm 'cos they're shorting:- I think I've damaged the insulator by pulsing/dry-burning....have n't yet managed to get the pos. pins out of the 510 assembly yet!..

Annie56

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
Clones, Good Heavens...clones!!
My NextGens--Fasttech--i am not sure of manufacturer.
Yes, they get hot during build process. I read the thread on this atty, before i bought them. So i was mindful of the possible issues w the 510 insulator. I was using two NextGens, and the post was stable, and the insulator was kosher.
The NextTiny advertised on FT as SXK. The thing that turned me on was the PEEK insulator at the 510. I don't remove my pos pins on these attys. And i always use a mod with a 510 connection. Except for the Silver Dog, Aios. I have a Temon Hybrid, but i am not using it because of the little 14500 batts. I ordered 510 bases for the Temons, so that i can use them on any mod.

Annie56

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
Are these clones? I've ordered a Nextiny & another Nextgen from FT (tho' won't see 'em for weeks & weeks!...)
I'm hoping that the insulator in the 510 is removable/replaceable....My existing Nextgens have had to be shelved atm 'cos they're shorting:- I think I've damaged the insulator by pulsing/dry-burning....have n't yet managed to get the pos. pins out of the 510 assembly yet!..
If you wrap from the top-down, try holding the atty in your rt hand. Hold wire and wrap with your left hand. Rotate atty away from you with right, as you wrap with left. So wire will run clockwise, then attach wire counter on neg screw. This will tighten wire less. I still get that nasty hot leg at the neg screw, but at least now, my hots are at the top, as well as bottom. And i can sort these out quickly w the middle wraps

Last edited:
Reactions: yourgurnard
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread