What can I do with my 1st dead tank atty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissKitty47

ECF Veteran
The first atty bit the dirt last night. Now I'm wondering what it can be used for? Since I know ripping it apart can't kill it any deader...

BTW, the new atty has THE BEST FLAVOR! This atty is one of the second batch I ordered, so I'm wondering if this one is from a different production run and it has been tweaked by the factory? No plastic taste so far.

I'll take any and all suggestions, from the silly to the useful. TIA! ~Kitty:vapor:

SuZamme

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I vote take it apart and see if perhaps there is just some little something that needs tweaking. Who knows, you might become one of those that is asking for everyone to send you their allegedly dead T-attys.
I have an 801 atty that only is the tube and connector...when you blow across it (think bottle) it makes a lovely little chirp.

We could form an ECF band and call it "Dead Parts Blow" or something like that.

Sorry for your loss!!!!!

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
If it's dead (not gurgling), most likely the element is burnt in two. Think of the filament in a lighbulb. At this point, if you're ingenious enough to pull it apart, you could fabricate a new element from NiCa wire and repair it. You'd need very steady hands and tiny tools. The element is only about 2mm long inside the atty with leads going down to the sides of the connector. This isn't a job for the visually impaired. Bring magnifying glasses lol.

kelleymcm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
oklahoma city
so I assume that by "dead" you mean it won't fire any more at all ?? Or are you saying that is just won't produce vapor ?

If totally dead I would think all that is worth saving is maybe the needle tank,in case you need it later & maybe take it totally apart & save the mesh for future wick problems, modders might save the base fitting....or the ceramic cup ...IDK for sure ...

pics in post #1876 in the BIG Tank thread

...but I would clean the crap out of it FIRST, ISO soak....just to be sure it can't come back to life .... b-4 taking it apart

I broke the coil on my 1 & only atty ....& it is definitely a goner ...just put it a little baggy w/all the other dead things ...
cuz I have learned ya never know what you might need later :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread