What carto do you use with 100%VG eliquids?

Status
Not open for further replies.

B4DJ1N64N

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
Indonesia
Hi,
I'm just curious, what carto do you use with VV e-liquids? I haven't try my peach vanilla swirl, kona coffee milkshake, or my creme caramel. I want a good first impression with them. The only 100%vg eliquid I've ever tried is a dekang mango & it tasted like paper with mango perfume on it. I read nothing but wonderful things with Virgin Vapor, and so far, I'm really impressed with the packaging, shipment, and most of all, Annette's really friendly and helpful.

Sent from my mind using my fingers.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
B4D, I use Boge and dual coil cartos with VV's all vg juices. The trick to it is to have a few PV's going at the same time so that the "hot" one can cool down and wick. If that isn't possible for you, you can dilute it down some with distilled water. It doesn't take much water to dilute it...couple drops per ml. If you order from Annette again, request for cartomizer use in the comments section and she'll make it more carto friendly.

buckerbie

Verified Member
Nov 2, 2011
Northern CA
I mostly use Boge LR 2.0 cartos since my Rivas run between 3.7v-4.2v. I also tank my favorites using the same cartos but in stainless (I punch my own cartos). The best part about Annette's 100% VG juices is that they are actually quite a bit thinner than some of my 60%PG/40%VG blends from another vendor. I don't have any problems with the thickness of her juices and I find that they last longest in my cartos. Also, her eco line is even cleaner and I have cartos lasting close to a month so far without clogging or losing flavor.

Last edited:

Tumblelily

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2011
California
I use the Bud Sapphire cartos that Annette sells on the Virgin Vapor website.

They are great for a 'newbie' like me. Very simple to figure out, which is kind-of important to me, at this stage of the game.

They look great, too! I love that they are clear, so I can see just how much liquid is in there- also, I love the look of the Virgin Vapor juice. So pure and clear, never cloudy & thick as with some of the liquid from other vendors. These cartos really highlight the purity, to me.

The taste is very clean and flavorful in the 'Bud Sapphire', as well.

There are two cartos in each pack, and so far, they have been very long-lasting.

Here's a link to check them out: Bud Sapphire 510 Cartomizers | Virgin Vapor | Electronic Cigarette Organic e-Liquid | Electronic Cigarettes

Tumblelily

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2011
California
Regarding the 'Bud Sapphires', I just want to add~

Instead of carrying various bottles with me when I go to work (like I used to do), I just bring 2-3 filled 'Sapphire' cartos with me. This way, I still have my choice of at least 2 different flavors. Each one holds about 1.5 mls of juice, which is a full day's worth for me.

They are small enough to fit in a zippered pocket, and they have never leaked- even after I've accidentally dropped them.

I also don't have to worry about having a bad reaction to filler material, as with some other cartos, as these don't have any filler material at all.

(Since childhood, I have had allergies/sensitivities to certain things like petroleum products, mono-sodium glutamate, and a lot of artificial stuff. I learned the hard way that I need to be just as careful with what I vape as I am with what I eat. That's why Virgin Vapor's all natural/ all organic is such a blessing to me).

Craftypepper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Well, I haven't yet received my order (ordering the week before Christmas was a bad idea lol), but the liquids I have from my other vendor use organic flavoring and they work just fine in my Boge LR cartos. I can get 5-7 days out of one, but I'm thinking I'll probably get even more life with the VV liquids when they get here because they are purer than the ones I've been using. I really want to try some of the sapphire cartos too, though.

Swer3397

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2012
South Texas
I am looking for the ideal carto/clearo for 100% VG. Currently using Vision eGo Transparent Clearomizer V2 for 510/eGo, 1.8-2.0 ohm and they're OKAY but not amazing. Sometimes I get a burnt taste. Sometimes a dry vape. Yesterday they discolored the liquid. Gonna take a look @ those Bud Sapphires...how long do they last with VV 100% VG?. I want something clear to avoid guesswork.

Annette Rogers

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
California USA
www.kaisvirginvapor.com
do you just put water or distilled water? also how much of it?

A little distilled water goes a long way. It's great to have on hand as different cartomizers do better with different viscosities. Add a few drops at a time. 1 to 2 mL for a 1 ounce bottle is usually plenty in my experience.

Annette Rogers

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
California USA
www.kaisvirginvapor.com
I am looking for the ideal carto/clearo for 100% VG. Currently using Vision eGo Transparent Clearomizer V2 for 510/eGo, 1.8-2.0 ohm and they're OKAY but not amazing. Sometimes I get a burnt taste. Sometimes a dry vape. Yesterday they discolored the liquid. Gonna take a look @ those Bud Sapphires...how long do they last with VV 100% VG?. I want something clear to avoid guesswork.
I am always searching for "The Perfect Cartomizer" but I don't think I've found it yet. They all have pluses and minuses so it comes down to what's most important to you. If you get a burnt taste with the Vision Ego, add a tad of distilled water to thin the e-liquid so it will wick faster and keep up with your vaping style. I'll also be adding the ViVi Nova tank cartomizer to the website in about a week. I got one to test and I've been surprised how much I like it as I usually like smaller cartos that look more girlie with my pink KGO but this thing has a lot of advantages and is my current favorite.

Swer3397

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2012
South Texas
I am always searching for "The Perfect Cartomizer" but I don't think I've found it yet. They all have pluses and minuses so it comes down to what's most important to you. If you get a burnt taste with the Vision Ego, add a tad of distilled water to thin the e-liquid so it will wick faster and keep up with your vaping style. I'll also be adding the ViVi Nova tank cartomizer to the website in about a week. I got one to test and I've been surprised how much I like it as I usually like smaller cartos that look more girlie with my pink KGO but this thing has a lot of advantages and is my current favorite.

Thanks for the info. I do love the Vision Ego/Stardust Clearomizers in concept, but I feel they are still not quite perfected just yet. But the clear tank eliminating guesswork and the way it is so easy to clean and to fill are awesome features. They seem to be releasing new versions so that can only be good (they are now on version 3). I will try adding water as per your advice. I did not even know a burnt taste indicated a wicking issue and worried that my clearomizer was dying already. Still quite new to all this.

Swer3397

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2012
South Texas
Last edited:

Annette Rogers

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
California USA
www.kaisvirginvapor.com
Yes, those are the ones. I should have them in this coming week. They come with three different ohms you can choose from and are really easy to clean and refill. They don't require assembly, if that's what you mean, just pick your ohms, screw it together, fill and vape away! I've only had mine for a little while but have been quite happy with it so far.

Swer3397

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2012
South Texas
Yes, those are the ones. I should have them in this coming week. They come with three different ohms you can choose from and are really easy to clean and refill. They don't require assembly, if that's what you mean, just pick your ohms, screw it together, fill and vape away! I've only had mine for a little while but have been quite happy with it so far.

Yes I've been looking at reviews and they are highly praised. Seem to be superior to the Vision Ego. $15 may be a little pricey but you then only have to buy the heads after that and the heads are like $2 or something. Looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread