What changed in the RY4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chickenhead

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2009
Seattle, WA
What happened? Did you guys change e-liquid suppliers? I ordered 10ml RY-4 on May 7, and liked it so much I ordered 30 ml on May 12.

I then ordered 50ml on May 29 and it was lame -- No flavor, no vapor, and tasted like wax. Different color bottle too. Reminded me of the stuff I ordered from bestecigs and tossed in the trash.

-Kurt

aasupplyny

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2009
USA
Hello Everyone,

My deepest apologies to "Mr. Chickenhead".
I believe we replied to "Chickenhead" via email already.

We are still using the same supplier. And our 50ml Bottles have always been white.
I even cracked open a few bottles of 50ml 24mg to confirm. It smells/taste the same to me and vapes. Not to mention the May 12th batch is the same batch as the May 29th batch.

Cellmeister

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2009
Beantown, USA
I Have Ordered Several 30Ml & 50Ml's of RY4 Several Times from MVP, Always Good juice. I Definitely Recommend Them As A Good Supplier.

I Have Made Several Purchases From Them Since They Have Opened. I Know MVP Changed the Bottles, But I Never Had A Problem With Any Of MVP's Marl, RY4 juice etc, In Fact MVP's Juice Is Probably The Better Of The RY4 Juice Out Their...

FYI: I Switch Vapes Every Other Day, If You Keep Vapin The Same Vape Every Day You Will Kill Your Taste Buds & The Flavor Is Not Their. I Also Use Listerine 2 to 3 Times A Day & Scrape My Tongue Off When I Brush My Teeth To Keep My Taste Buds Clean. There Is Another Thread About The Flavor Loss. You May Wanna Check It Out or Try It! I Can Also State Anything Is Possible...

~Keep Vapin~!

Last edited:

Davely

Mar 26, 2009
Same Problem, My first order of Red Bull was great. I then ordered 30ml at 24 of Red Bull and RY4 beginning of May. NO smoke and NO flavor! I E-mailed them asking if they were cutting with water because of my problem. I have heard nothing back so I deleted them from my list of suppiers. Just made an order at aromaejuice because of no respones from them.

CattyCat

Mar 27, 2009
USA
I've ordered from MVS several times and have never been disappointed by their juices so far. I've ordered the RY4 multiple times (being that it's my fave flavor), Butterscotch and Mocha several times, and have had positive results every time. I ordered a bottle of RY4 on May 20th and the flavor was great.

I agree with the tips that Cellmeister listed in his post, perhaps try changing up your flavors?? but that wouldn't explain the no vapor issue. Have you tried checking your equipment? There was one point where I thought my juice was bad, but then I found out my battery wasn't working properly. After that, it was pretty much smooth vaping for me! or maybe you could have really just gotten a bad bottle?

I'm surprised MVS hasn't answered your email Davely, perhaps you should try contacting them again? I've emailed MVS several times in the past being that e-cigarettes were relatively new to me, and every single one of my emails were answered in a very timely and courteous manner.

SavePaperVapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2009
Minnesota, USA
Ok, I got my juice and pipe today. I got some 24mg grape and 24mg ry4.
The grape is freaking awesome in every way. I'm going to be going through a lot of this stuff.:lol: As for the ry4, well, it tasted like ry4 to me. Nice and smooth will a great mellow taste. The flavor is definitely there though. Hope this helps.

Survivors

Unregistered Supplier
May 21, 2009
Just FYI,
This is my first time with RY4, bought a lot from MVS becasue of all the reviews (end of May timeframe) - bought other flavors too. Hate RY4, been told that is strange becuse of the other flavors I like. Maybe I don't hate RY4, maybe I just got a bit of the potential "bad batch".... hmmm... wonder if I should give it another chance as a flavor... hmmm... mixed in a bit of some other flavors so that I could give it "something" and still use it (I'm too cheap (ooops, I mean frugal) to throw it out!!!).

Ann

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Virginia
Just FYI,
This is my first time with RY4, bought a lot from MVS becasue of all the reviews (end of May timeframe) - bought other flavors too. Hate RY4, been told that is strange becuse of the other flavors I like. Maybe I don't hate RY4, maybe I just got a bit of the potential "bad batch".... hmmm... wonder if I should give it another chance as a flavor... hmmm... mixed in a bit of some other flavors so that I could give it "something" and still use it (I'm too cheap (ooops, I mean frugal) to throw it out!!!).

I mix my RY4 with a bit of Carmel flavor, it's great.

harmony gardens

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Wisconsin
I ordered RY4 and 555 again and recieved it today. Same as always..terrific!
I am also trying the Virginia..Not sure about it yet, this is my first plain tobacco tasting liquid. It's good, mild and has some kick. But I am thinking of using it as a base for DIY.
maybe I will give it to hubby who only vapes marlboro.

You can always add a little menthol, if you have some.

Chickenhead

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2009
Seattle, WA
MVS did offer in e-mail to exchange my RY4 for another flavor. Didn't think it was worth the aggravation of my sending it back.

While it didn't seem quite up to the quality of my first couple of RY4 orders, it did improve with some vigorous shaking. Still seems a little blander and less vaporous than my first RY4 orders from them, but it's at least now useable.

OTOH, I'm getting so used to vaping that I may not be as sensitive to flavors as I used to be; so it may not have changed as much as I think. Can't tell for sure.

Anyways, I do highly recommend a lot of shaking -- It seemed to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread