What changes have you seen in yourself since going analog free?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogie

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Coventry, NY
OK, I do not know if this has been asked before but I decided to start a thread after what I was told today. I have only been analog free for 55 days now.

I had already noticed that I no longer coughed my lungs out every morning. I am not congested all the time. I can taste things more intensely. I generally feel better! My clothes do not smell bad. My fingers do not have tobacco stains. My teeth are whiter.

I have been around smokers all the time but now I notice that unpleasant smell (I know I must have smelled the same).

I did not realize a few other things until today seeing someone who I had not seen since before I quit smoking. They told me a few things.

My skin looks better. The wrinkles are smoother. I was told that I had yellow in my eyes before but now that is gone (the whites are whiter). They also said that I had dark areas under my eyes before that is gone now. And that I smell good.

This person is a non-smoker. I guess it takes someone who does not see you every day to notice these things. We see ourselves in the mirror every day and do not notice subtle changes.

Anybody else experience this?

Beez

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
May sound weird, but I have noticed that my eyes are even greener than usual (maybe because the whites are whiter!?). I also sleep much better, waking up less during the night. My husband says that I do not wheeze now and that my breathing sounds "normal." I am only in week three, so maybe more changes to come. I look pretty young for my age, so maybe now there will be a few extra years shaved off my face? YaY!!! :2cool:

Rachus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Indiana, USA
Moods are leveled.
Wheezing vanquished.
Sinus trouble decreased.
Outlook brighter.
Dark circles, sunken eye sockets diminishing.
Car smells nice -- treated myself to a interior exterior cleaning - not detailed, but you know the place...
Heart rate lowered (except when chain vaping).
Stopping for cartons every 5 days stopped.
Food flavor and enjoyment highly increased.
ECF forum monitoring addiction attained.
Wallet size retained so far, unfortunately, stocking up on attys, batts, and juice, cases, etc.
Smoke breaks at work eliminated. Clock watching for next smoke break eliminated.
Productivity at home and work increased.
Sleep actually decreased due to level of energy increase.

bjannr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
I am not as tired, working midnight shift is tough, but mow I can got to sleep at 3 PM till 8 PM instead of 1PM till 8 PM. Since I am drinking more water, the weight issue that I struggle with is not as bad. I also stay calmer at work since they allow me to vape while I work

Last edited:

STLDiceDealer

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I've noticed I stay awake longer. It's really interesting. I'm not sure if it's vaping, or my addiction to this forum, but I sleep alot less. Ive already noticed a difference in my moods a bit, I breathe better, I'm starting the hacking cough which I view as a total positive. I feel more motivated to make changes to my life.

Hogie

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2010
Coventry, NY
I went to see my kidney doctor yesterday. They always check my BP. It was WAY low! 102/70. My kidney disease normally raises my BP. The doctor has changed my meds because of this new developement. He also has taken me off one of them. I told him all about my ecig too. He said that my lab work came back really good (done since I stopped smoking). I had been worried that I was maybe getting more nicotine but, I guess I am not!

Yes, I noticed that my nails are growing faster too! Even my vision seems to be clearer. I am able to think more clearly as well.

I am amazed at some of the changes I see in myself! Some I do not notice but others have!

Last edited:

mortios

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2010
Wheeling, WV
My chronic headaches have disappeared, my breath is a lot better, I'm no longer horking up hunks of slimy lung butter every morning and evening, I can breath and smell again (not always a good thing), my sense of taste have changed and become more sensitive (makes me sad, some of my favorite foods taste nasty now), skins cleared up, and I seem to be healing quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread