What coil build for 280 watts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Also what batteries are you using. I’m not gonna help you do something that’s unsafe.
Just the fact he's using unknown batteries with a probably too high wattage for his coil is enough to worry imho.

With no details all i can assume is the fact his setup looks dangerous (even though the invader 4 has "protections"
it has no wattage function from what i've seen it's a potentiometer (voltage dial).

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
So I got a TeslaCigs invader 4 which goes up to 280 watts and I want to get the most out of it, but everytime I fire it at 280 watts I get dryish hits. Is it possible to build coils that don't cause dry hits at 280 watts?

I have an Audio Rack in my Home Office that can put out like 160db's. Doesn't mean I need to output All of them to still enjoy what I listen to.

Maybe there is just a Limit as to How Many Watts can actually be used? And Enjoyed?

Swoop03

Vaping Yinzer
Sep 28, 2018
Southwest PA, USA, Earth
Farted around with an ohms law calc. To get 280w out of 4.2 max volts (batts drop to around 3.7 quick so this is best case) you'll need 80 amps to not immediately risk blowing yourself up. To my knowledge there is no true 40amp cdr batteries yet. I could be wrong though. So dont run 280w please. That's just an insane amount of power. Manufacturers put giant numbers on mods to sell them. I never go over 60 watts and I can make some serious clouds so dense the neighbor can taste them. Your build is the biggest factor.

Oh and if you do run 280w your batteries are going to die very very quickly. Overall I'd recommend not doing it at all.

To answer your question and humor you though yes you can build a coil that'll take it. A big beefy one with a good bit of mass to take the power, itll be stupid dangerous low resistance and you'll have to get the wicking perfect so it holds a good bit of juice and sucks up more quickly. I doubt any tank would handle this, youd need an rda if you dont have one, and you're going to be dripping every hit most likely to keep a wet vape.

Edit: I'm not sure that dripper has enough airflow just by looking at a picture of it. You're going to have a hot vape. It does look big enough to throw monster coils in for that power. And your batteries being 35cdr, that's pushing it past my comfort zone.
3.7v battery
75.51 amps
.049 ohms
279.4 watts

Last edited:

diagrammatiks

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2018
Even though the chipset can output 280 with two 30ts the safested you can really do is no more then 210.

The kryten is going to be a bit tough because anything that can take 200 Watts of heatflux is going to turn that atty into a fireball in a few hits.

The other problem is fitting 2 massive enough coils in there to be able to do handle that much power.

2 parallel 24 inner core claptons at 8 wraps 3 mm will give you enough heat flux. I dunno if you are going to be able to fit it into the kryten though.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
517d4ff2e7571.jpeg

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
Farted around with an ohms law calc.
For a VV device? Why would you do that? It's next to useless.

To answer the OP:
yes, for any power setting, be it 10W or 10000W, you can build a coil that will stand up to it.
Will it fit in your atomizer? Will the juice have time to wick?
Those would be the questions you would ask if there were batteries that could support your power setting.

280.0W/(2*3.2V*0.9) ~ 50A...

There's no 50A CDR batteries. The End.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Im using the safest batteries possible: 21700 samsung 30-T which have a CDR of 35 amps.
So, with those two batteries you'll be able to generate roughly 210 watts of power. Where is the other 70 watts supposed to come from? The mod may be able to put out 280 watts, but there are no batteries currently on the market to support that wattage.

Last edited:

Swoop03

Vaping Yinzer
Sep 28, 2018
Southwest PA, USA, Earth
For a VV device? Why would you do that? It's next to useless.

To answer the OP:
yes, for any power setting, be it 10W or 10000W, you can build a coil that will stand up to it.
Will it fit in your atomizer? Will the juice have time to wick?
Those would be the questions you would ask if there were batteries that could support your power setting.

280.0W/(2*3.2V*0.9) ~ 50A...

There's no 50A CDR batteries. The End.
Oh that's vv mod? My bad I should have looked into it more. But the end answer is the same. It's not a good idea either way.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You aren't going to get that out of your mod even with the "best safest batteries on the market" because they are just incapable of generating that amount of power.

Anything out of the "yellow zone" on your tachometer, you are straining even the best build, and once you head into the red zone, you might be there for a brief minute, but you aren't going to stay there even slightly more than a few seconds (and your speedometer reading is incorrect, btw, too) and then after that, well bad things start to happen.

I do not understand. If you had enough food to sustain you for 12 meals, would you sit down and gorge and vomit in one sitting? Think of your batteries like that. They are your food (or your gas) and your mod is your car (or the oven). Although it may have "flashy things'" telling you it has MORE RAW POWER than say, a Pico that does not mean it has ALL you think it has. It's just marketing hype.

Also, it sounds like having it turned up ALL THE WAY (on batteries that probably aren't even putting OUT the amount of wattage you believe while quickly turning to mush, and well, you aren't even ENJOYING the LESS powerful vape you ARE getting (dry hits. etc.)

No duh. I too would get dry hits that way because (I personally believe) there is an Upper Limit on Many things and How Hard you can Push something because, you get DIMINISHING RETURNS.

There is no reason or rationale for this. Unless someone is LITERALLY paying you to do it, I don't understand the concept, "I must vape it.... because it is there.

Look Tesla makes nice things and I enjoy some of them, at a much much lower wattage. I'm not saying you have to go to 16 watts (although that's a number in my preference.) I am saying... build to safety but also enjoyment. Put a ribbon over your wattage indicator once you have found a happy build for YOUR lungs, for YOUR taste, that is somewhere in the middle. DO THAT. Don't target the highest possible output.... Really on anything.

Bigger just isn't always better, I know it's a foreign concept but just ask yourself, "Am I trying to do it because it's there, or do I genuinely prefer the vape?"

In 99.9% of cases the answer is the first one also the reason boys of a certain age get hit with care insurance bills the size of Texas, etc.

Chill already.
Anna

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
So I got a TeslaCigs invader 4 which goes up to 280 watts and I want to get the most out of it, but everytime I fire it at 280 watts I get dryish hits. Is it possible to build coils that don't cause dry hits at 280 watts?

At that range it's more about "How do I feed juice fast enough to keep the wick saturated".

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON

Getting the most out of your mod is using it at a level that provides you with the most satisfaction. Obviously this must be within the batteries and the mods limitations. Drop the wattage on your mod to a level that your batteries can sustain and adjust until you reach a satisfying vape. Don’t be fooled to think that the more power = a better vape. Find the happy medium.

A mod can only output what its power source (batteries) is able to provide. It cannot generate power out of nothing which is what you are asking it to do. You are also pushing the limits of your device which will put stress on it’s internals. A car’s engine may be able to peak at 7000 RPM, but would you drive at that level for sustained periods of time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread