What color is Gooey Better Cake supposed to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizblue

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2011
New York, NY
I'm asking because the first time I ordered it GBC was dark, brown and opaque. The second time it is light, golden, transparent. The taste of the second is like a GBC lite compared to the first one. Both times I ordered extra flavor. First time I ordered with OMG, and the colors matched. The second time I ordered with V spot vanilla and the colors match. I don't know if there was crossover? Anyway, I'd like to know which GBC I'd get if I ordered a third one. I prefer the first one.

That one changes colors or "steeps" faster/different than any other flavor. In the end after a week or 2 all of it becomes fairly dark like you mentioned, but it can vary in time a bit depending on the nic level and PG/VG ratio, as to how quick it happens. We've experienced some wildly changing temps this Winter, from near record highs to near normal lately and the way that liquid changes 3 days in a warmer transit could very well darken it. You're 2nd one will be darker in a few days, a week max.

lizblue

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2011
New York, NY
Well, since I went and left my vaping bag with all my bottles at my therapist's office on Thursday, I will have no choice but to let the juice steep and see what happens. LOL Forced steeping. I don't have patience usually to leave it alone, especially since I'm totally addicted to this flavor. I went and ordered another one and I hope that it is dark because the first one had a lil somethin' that was absent in the second. Perhaps when I get my bag on Tuesday that somethin' will be present as a result of the steeping. Its good anyway. I was hitting it like crazy so I'm in withdrawal now.

Karla Lyle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Frederick, md
Well, since I went and left my vaping bag with all my bottles at my therapist's office on Thursday, I will have no choice but to let the juice steep and see what happens. LOL Forced steeping. I don't have patience usually to leave it alone, especially since I'm totally addicted to this flavor. I went and ordered another one and I hope that it is dark because the first one had a lil somethin' that was absent in the second. Perhaps when I get my bag on Tuesday that somethin' will be present as a result of the steeping. Its good anyway. I was hitting it like crazy so I'm in withdrawal now.
I have had 2 bottles of the GBC as well as buttercream icing that varied in age as well as color. I bought or swapped (can't remember which) a couple KBV juices and even got one that was made back in September 2011 and they really do change color quite a bit the older they get. The oldest ones are much much darker and even 2 weeks makes a huge difference. I had a 2 week old one which side by side with one I just received in the mail and it was also a huge difference in color. Is it possible you just didn't realize the color changed over time? If I hadn't received that new bottle I never would have realized the color changes and would have also thought there must have been difference in the way it was made too. The bottle I have that is from September is actually really dark. Like the color of the OMG or candy bar.

Off topic but I think it actually has a grittiness to it which I don't like though. I'm not sure if that is because it's older but that's what I assumed. Is that possible? I know people say they should last 1 year but this seems a bit on the old side. When I vape it in a carto it almost feels like a bit of dirt in my mouth or like a tiny bit of ash. :?: Hard to explain, only way I can explain it is gritty. I did get it second hand so who know what happened to it. :glare: LOL Has anyone else heard of this?

Also have you ever ordered the GBC is xtra flavor? I accidently ordered one bottle without the extra flavor and it was still good but when I got the next bottle with the extra flavor I was like WOW! :hubba:That is soooooo good. Seems to taste a lot more buttery or like you really just took a bite of GBC. :drool: It has become one of both my husband and my favorites and there aren't many that we both vape.

It's the EM in the VG that causes the color change. Karla, I get that occasionally with a carto and I haven't been able to pin it on a specific flavor. The weird part is sometimes I'll get a carto that tastes fine, will go through a stage where I get that "burnt, ash taste" and then it'll go back to vaping fine :confused: I think it's the "diaper" on the coil that burns but IDK for certain.

GBC is gonna be harder on cartos because it's heavily flavored, I actually go under the recipe measurements on my own mix. I wouldn't recommend extra flavor for anyone on that one unless you plan to vape it in a short period of time, after steeping it almost becomes too sweet for me, but boy is it good! You and hubs sound like Missy and I, we both mix 4 ounces a piece because we vape different nic levels, she's 12 or under and I still like my 24MG. At one point I was don to 6 and doing a lot of zero nic, with the way we work I sometimes go long periods without vaping, and when I do I want my nic so I went back up :) I finally pryed myself for the GBC for a while and have been hung up on our 555, it's really a good tobacco vape IMO.

lizblue

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2011
New York, NY
Yes, I did get the extra flavor. I love it. I'm an extra flavor kinda gal. Anyway, the first bottle got to be 22 days older than the second one but it did start out dark. I remember because I tend to like dark flavors better than light ones so I was psyched when I saw it was dark, since I never tried it before. I noticed after retrieving my bag it did darken significantly but still not all the way. Its only been 2 weeks. I went and got another ounce already so I could steep it longer and see what it does. It's still my new favorite flavor regardless.

I have had 2 bottles of the GBC as well as buttercream icing that varied in age as well as color. I bought or swapped (can't remember which) a couple KBV juices and even got one that was made back in September 2011 and they really do change color quite a bit the older they get. The oldest ones are much much darker and even 2 weeks makes a huge difference. I had a 2 week old one which side by side with one I just received in the mail and it was also a huge difference in color. Is it possible you just didn't realize the color changed over time? If I hadn't received that new bottle I never would have realized the color changes and would have also thought there must have been difference in the way it was made too. The bottle I have that is from September is actually really dark. Like the color of the OMG or candy bar.

Off topic but I think it actually has a grittiness to it which I don't like though. I'm not sure if that is because it's older but that's what I assumed. Is that possible? I know people say they should last 1 year but this seems a bit on the old side. When I vape it in a carto it almost feels like a bit of dirt in my mouth or like a tiny bit of ash. :?: Hard to explain, only way I can explain it is gritty. I did get it second hand so who know what happened to it. :glare: LOL Has anyone else heard of this?

Also have you ever ordered the GBC is xtra flavor? I accidently ordered one bottle without the extra flavor and it was still good but when I got the next bottle with the extra flavor I was like WOW! :hubba:That is soooooo good. Seems to taste a lot more buttery or like you really just took a bite of GBC. :drool: It has become one of both my husband and my favorites and there aren't many that we both vape.

Karla Lyle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Frederick, md
I wouldn't recommend extra flavor for anyone on that one unless you plan to vape it in a short period of time, after steeping it almost becomes too sweet for me, but boy is it good! You and hubs sound like Missy and I, we both mix 4 ounces a piece because we vape different nic levels, she's 12 or under and I still like my 24MG. At one point I was don to 6 and doing a lot of zero nic, with the way we work I sometimes go long periods without vaping, and when I do I want my nic so I went back up :) I finally pryed myself for the GBC for a while and have been hung up on our 555, it's really a good tobacco vape IMO.
We haven't had that issue yet. It never lasts longer than a week or 2 around here. The first 15ML bottles we ordered never even got a chance to steep they were vaped so fast but I will watch for that cause we do always order Extra Flavor. We both vape diff nic levels too. He's 24mg (but wanted 36) and I'm 18mg. They are close enough that fortunately we can vape each others though, which is good. I just can't vape the 24mg all day.

Sandiej02

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2010
California Coast
www.artbysandie.com
My Experience with Gooey Better Cake:

My first order with KBV ... I was SO disappointed when I received the Gooey Better Cake. I had read so many great reviews on it that I couldn't wait to try it. When it arrived, it was a light color and I couldn't even smell it (faintly). I had even ordered it with "extra flavor". Disappointment! So I put the juice away in my "juice box" and forgot it.

It was nearly a month later I was looking for "something new" to vape and pulled the Gooey Cake out of the box. It wasn't a light color anymore, it was quite dark. As soon as I took the lid off, WOW ... it smelled SO good.

NOW: Gooey Better Cake is, without a doubt, my FAVORITE juice of all time. It took a LONG time to steep ... but I can tell you, it was worth it. I vaped the entire bottle in no time at all. You just have to allow PLENTY of TIME TO STEEP ... that's the hard part. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread