What companies do you think WILL stay in the Market after August?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarpoM

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2013
oak view california
I understand that come August, many small or medium size companies will fold due to the new regulations. My question would be this, which companies would you say have a decent chance of remaining in the market?
I've been reading many posts on how to do diy e juice, and am getting ready to purchase my nicotine to freeze, but I was just curious if that is necessary if "some" companies will still provide e juice and hardware?

Darren

Reactions: Zombo

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Only those owned by BT...

While it MAY take the full 2 years for them all to fade away, and while many "parts" of vaping which are used in many other industries (wick, kanthal, PG, VG), nic will likely become scarce. Hardware innovation will stop, since, if it wasn't on the market before 8/8 it will be illegal....

Eye should be on long term supportablility of vaping in the fashion you prefer.

Now.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
magic8ball.png

The sky isn't falling on Aug 8, that is just the beginning of regulation. Companies should have up to two years to apply for their Pre market applications. No one but the FDA knows what type and how aggressive their enforcement and or inspections on products are going to be as of 8/8/16.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
The sky isn't falling on Aug 8, that is just the beginning of regulation.

Uh, just the beginning of FEDERAL regulation. Various STATES have already enacted onerous restrictions. And more in the pipeline... since they now have the "blessing" of the FDA...

I'm in the camp of "hope for the best, plan for the worst." Since I only "stock" what I like, if the best happens, well, nothing's wasted.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Uh, just the beginning of FEDERAL regulation. Various STATES have already enacted onerous restrictions. And more in the pipeline... since they now have the "blessing" of the FDA...

I'm in the camp of "hope for the best, plan for the worst." Since I only "stock" what I like, if the best happens, well, nothing's wasted.
I began prepping over two years ago. ;)

Again, NO one but the FDA knows how they are going to proceed. They did state that there would be "boots on the ground on 8/9/16" Whatever that means...

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Likewise, but for those just coming to vaping, or those who kept their heads in the sand, it's going to become difficult.

Laying in a respectable supply of necessaries, as quickly as possible, just makes good sense under the current and looming restrictions. (And, as supply starts to dry up, expect prices to go up!) Supportable hardware - e.g. replaceable battery mods and maybe a mech or so, with Kick modules, rebuildable toppers and spare parts for them, and lots of high % nic in the freezer will be the key items, imo.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Only folks I'm SURE will remain in business 2 years down te road when all of this fully kicks in are R.J. Reynolds and Altria. THey can hold out regardless of whether they own the "vape" market with closed systems, or tobacco only as every e-cig in existence is banned.

Some others will remain in business as there are other markets out there than just the US. Many more may be around (in the US at least) if modifications are made the the regulations over the next year. Other than that, make room in your freezer for your nic.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I understand that come August, many small or medium size companies will fold due to the new regulations. My question would be this, which companies would you say have a decent chance of remaining in the market?
I've been reading many posts on how to do diy e juice, and am getting ready to purchase my nicotine to freeze, but I was just curious if that is necessary if "some" companies will still provide e juice and hardware?

Darren

As other have Mentioned, it Isn't only the FDA that people have to be contended with. The State you live in May have a Bigger Impact on your Vaping Style than the FDA does in the Short Term.

What would happen if they Slapped a $2.87 Tax on the amount of e-Liquid you use EVERY Day? What if the Tax was More?

Billionaire-backed campaign launched to raise California’s tobacco tax

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Yep a very good question.
With the ATF and or State agencies?
Maybe everyone check your state laws for tobacco licensing and see what it says. In mine it is sort of wierd as people have to apply and be accepted into a tobacco group and they can only sell tobacco products from on a master list. Well no vape stuff on the master list so not sure how that will be handled

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Maybe everyone check your state laws for tobacco licensing and see what it says. In mine it is sort of wierd as people have to apply and be accepted into a tobacco group and they can only sell tobacco products from on a master list. Well no vape stuff on the master list so not sure how that will be handled
They will probably be updating the law?
Will be a lot of that going on.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto

Darren

I prepared 2 years ago for everything to be unavailable ... no mods and no juice.

Cigalikes are the only for sure thing :smokie:

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Well if they update it too only FDA approved vape products my state is screwed!
Well they are most all kind of approved for up to 3 yrs max.
Except for new things after 8-8.
The worst impacts on vapers over the next year will be state laws.
Lots of vendors will start dropping around the end of this year into early next year due to the product registration thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread