What did you do with your old ashtrays?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idahojo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Bonners Ferry, ID
After my first 48 hours of no analogs I found myself dumping ashtrays and putting them away because they stunk and thought they might be tempting when I have my "moments". But then I used one in the kitchen for my ecig while I was doing dishes. So I thought why not clean them all up and use them to keep my ecig from rolling off the endtable and keep the cart end clean. What have you all done with yours?

Walrus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Baton Rouge, LA
I haven't had any in years. My wife forbade me to smoke in the house a looong time ago. Just a pail in the carport, which still gets used when my kids are at the house. I'm trying to get them to use e-cigs as well.

However, I *have* finally been able to put my jacket away in the closet. I used to feel like Mr. Rogers all the time... put on a jacket to go out and have a smoke, come on in and take it off... wash, rinse, repeat.

I like being able to just sit, relax, and vape.

Another vote for tea bag trays here!

I got rid of most of my ashtrays, but have some pretty/decorative ones that I got on holidays etc that I will keep around.

I also keep my old lighters in them, which I seem to be more attached to then cigarettes :confused: Maybe because I had so many stolen over the years...

devonschmoker

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
Portland, OR USA
I use mine to hold my carts. They are also useful for holding my e-cig so it doesn’t roll away. I still haven’t tried to clean my ashtray in my car though. My car is old and the ashtray was designed to hold a minimum of 2 packs of analogs. (I drive an old Cadillac.) I am more concerned on what to do with all of my cigarette cases.

IMO I think this question would do well as a poll.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread