What did you used to smoke and what tobacco flavor do you vape now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danpio1217

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2012
Columbus, Ohio (Dublin)
Thanks for the suggestions, I vape various other flavors as well but when I feel the urge for a cig I find it easier to get over it by vaping a high nic content tobacco for a while. I usually have at least 3 flavors in different clearomizers at all times if not more.

Variety has been pretty key for me, i like to have at least 3 different flavors. Gotta keep the taste buds on their toes :)

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
I smoked Marlboro Lights. I don't really like any juices that taste like tobacco, but my main juice is VaporEscense.com's RY4. Love it, but not really a tobacco taste. I used to vape ECBlend's Ry4, but the VaporEscense Ry4 is better IMO. Plus, VE is local to me and I can run pick up a 30ml bottle or 2 any time I want.

I recently tried some Black Label 555 from SpringVapor and it was fantastic. It has a nutty taste to it, which I never thought I would like, but I loved it.

betaalex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2012
Queens, NY
I used to smoke Marlboros Red or Lights and the best juice match is Cowboy from Smokeless Image.

PS: I really do not get why Boba's Bounty or many other highly acclaimed "tobacco" juices are even considered as tobacco juices! They are probably good for whatever flavor they are (and I wonder if anyone really knows it :laugh:) but they definitely have nothing to do with tobaccos!

LucidAce

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
right about here, USA
Smoked Marlboro 27's when i smoked, now my favorite vape's are Gorilla Juice & Hype from AVE, Ginger's RY4 and Cinnamon Danish Swirl from TVR, and Scarlet Bull from a local shop in Columbus Ohio called Buckeye Vapors

I'm a former 27 man myself. Do any of those juices you listed bear any resemblance in "flavor character" to 27s or are they just what you've found you like vaping? I'm still on the look-out for that elusive all-day-vape that can blend with food and beverages the way cigarettes did. Closest I've found so far is SI Volt Country, which I like for its sort of neutral smoky flavor.

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
I smoked Camel Blue 99's.

Like the poster above, I vape Spring Vapor Black label RY4 Day & Night, and the Black Label 555. I have tried other tobaccoish ones and hated them, but love Black Label line. I just got the sampler pack to try the other ones, and only 1 of the five I didn't like. Yummy stuff.

Buggs5347

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Arizona
I smoked Marlboro Light 100's. I'm new and use Blu and love their vivid vanilla cartomizers. It's like the most delicious vape to me. Soooo, smooth, it's like a nice hug. I also like their classic tobacco in the medium strength. I tried a couple of other vanilla juices and an RY4 juice in some Boge SR cartomizers that all tasted like they were cut with mosquito repellant, to me. I think if I could find a vanilla that was as good as Blu's, I'd certainly be game to purchase a bigger system. I've considered buying a bigger Joye system, and using Blu's cartomizers until I can find an as good of a juice.

JParadise

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2012
Jersey (via Bklyn)
Just starting the switch from analogs today! I was smoking Marlboro Ultralights, I have been trying the Tribeca and the Mystic Menthol from Halo. The Tribeca is in prefilled cartos and the taste is a bit on the light side. The Mystic is pretty damn tasty which surprises me since I've always hated Menthols.

betaalex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2012
Queens, NY
I'm a former 27 man myself. Do any of those juices you listed bear any resemblance in "flavor character" to 27s or are they just what you've found you like vaping? I'm still on the look-out for that elusive all-day-vape that can blend with food and beverages the way cigarettes did. Closest I've found so far is SI Volt Country, which I like for its sort of neutral smoky flavor.

I apologize for the interruption, but just the names of juices in question simply do not sound right. Gorilla Juice - tried it, maybe it has its virtues but they are definitely not in tobacco-land. RY4 and Cinnamon Danish Swirl - doesn't sound like much of a tobacco either. The only unknonknown juice to me is is Hype - but based on my experience with other AVE juices I do not expect much from it tobaccowise.

All in all I still believe that SI Cowboy is the best Marboro -like juice at the moment.

LucidAce

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
right about here, USA
I apologize for the interruption, but just the names of juices in question simply do not sound right. Gorilla Juice - tried it, maybe it has its virtues but they are definitely not in tobacco-land. RY4 and Cinnamon Danish Swirl - doesn't sound like much of a tobacco either. The only unknonknown juice to me is is Hype - but based on my experience with other AVE juices I do not expect much from it tobaccowise.

All in all I still believe that SI Cowboy is the best Marboro -like juice at the moment.

I appreciate the input. I knew that Gorilla Juice was supposed to be tobacco-based on some level and thought that Hype was as well (apparently it's peaches and melon, so probably not so much, ha) so I thought it might be worth inquiring as to what, if any, resemblance those juices bear to the ol' 27s.

I've been pretty pleased with the few varieties of SI Volt juice I've had (RY4, Country, and Freedom; though Freedom isn't particularly to my liking), and they have even been in pre-filled cartos. Are their juices and/or pre-filled cartos generally considered to be a notch or two better than similar offerings from companies like v2cigs, or, like everything else, can it be really hit or miss depending on the day of the week and a person's taste buds?

P.S. Let me add to throng of people recommending Halo tobacco juices to people with a palate that seeks out tobacco-y flavors. To me, their Captain Jack tastes just like a spicy pipe tobacco. It's a great occasional, even nightly, vape, but it's not quite hitting the spot for something I can vape all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread