What did your RBA setup cost you and what are your ongoing costs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
This is all the stuff I use on a regular basis (Canadian Dollars)
$50 Geekvape Aegis Legend mod
$40 Geekvape Zeus X rta
$50 Nitecore SC4 Charger
$70 Sony VTC6 Cells (x4)
$10 Geekvape F202 FSFC 0.25Ω coils (2 pair)
$10 Ceramic Tweezers
$10 Diagonal Pliers
$20 Graham "Cellucotton" Rayon Wicking (40')
$50 AWS-501 Weigh Scale
$20 Glassware
$20 Bottles

I spent a heck of a lot more figuring out that this is exactly what I need though. :cry:

A year of DIY juice supplies:
$30 VG (4L)
$20 PG (1L)
$50 Nicotine (100mg, 250mL)
$100 Flavoring (buying more than I use)

Each pair of coils lasts for three months. The wicking may last forever. Batteries are good for a year or two.

Summary:
Startup CA$350, Ongoing Monthly CA$25 (estimated), not counting upgrades

Last edited:
Reactions: Kennneth

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
What did your RBA setup cost you? A bunch
What are your ongoing costs? A little

I’m terrible at math and couldn’t possibly come up with a total cost so this is the best I can do. Ditto for ongoing costs, i do know it’s quite a bit less.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Just my RBAs? Or all my vape related expenses? Either way I’d need an accountant. Easier to put it this way, how much did it save me? Around $15,000 over the course of almost six years.

I refuse to keep tabs or penny pinch when it comes to vaping.

I have fiber liters of nic, gallons of oh and vg, 200 empty bottles more or less, 150 flavors, somewhere around 50 atties, I forget how many spoils of wire, over 30 mods, 18 batteries I think.

And I have 4 RDAs on the way, and two mods in shopping carts, deciding what colors to pick.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I’ve saved $37,635 and have avoided just shy of 97,000 cigarettes. That’s pretty crazy thinking about 97,000 cigarettes worth of tar and other garbage I didn’t coat my lungs with. Just the second hand smoke from that many cigarettes would turn the walls in my house brown or deposit a film on the inside of my windshield several inches thick. Our bodies are amazing being able to be put through hell and back without completely shutting down. You’d think all that tar would just clog our lungs completely making breathing impossible. They (tobacco experts) say within five years of quitting our bodies almost operate like we never smoked at all. Well that’s enough incoherent ramblings of an old senile man for today. Don’t worry though, I will be back tomorrow with some quality nonsense and to no doubt repeat myself having forgotten what I’ve said mere minutes earlier.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
go, you are getting gouged. you spent $70 for $20 worth of batteries.

That depends on how you approach it. $17 CAN for a Sony battery is just a little above average here in Canada. Much cheaper can be found if shopping states side, but you need to purchase in bulk to offset the shipping charges. $14 for two VTC5 from IMR but $30 for shipping. Convert to CAN dollars and you are now at $60 CAN. $70 CAN for 4 is the cheaper option!

@GOMuniEsq – curious where you are getting your nicotine from. To my knowledge the legal limit here in Canada is 65mg

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
go, you are getting gouged. you spent $70 for $20 worth of batteries.
In addition to @Punk In Drublic's note, buying batteries is one of the few ways I can support the local vape shops since I DIY my juice and tend to order hardware that they don't stock.
curious where you are getting your nicotine from. To my knowledge the legal limit here in Canada is 65mg
"On May 23rd 2018, The Canadian Government and Health Canada changed the law on how strong nicotine could be advertised or sold. Anything 66mg or stronger can no longer be sold in Canada."
I got mine around the time the law changed. Also not all retailers seem to be aware.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
In the last 4-1/2 almost 5 years of vaping I've spent approximately $3,300 dollars US.

I DIY my juice these days, unless I want to throw some business to HHV or generally try something new, I build my own coils and have all my needs met for coil building, I have around 15 mods - I'm fairly certain - some are higher end, some inexpensive, I have twice that many RBA's, and all the batteries I need..

What does my signature say for cost savings from quitting smoking? It's a lot... compared to what I've spent on vaping, all told, I'm saving a fortune.

Last edited:

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    I have probably spent around 7k over 9 years on vape stuff. I have enough of everything to last the rest of my life and someone else's lifetime without spending another dime. I do get shinyitis and buy something new now and again but since I have saved over 20k not smoking and have something to show for it, I consider it a win win.

So necessary costs per month now is 0. I have stockpiled everything I need.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 12, 2014
    If I was still smoking I'd be about $13,000 poorer after 4 1/2 years. Instead I've spent, at most, $1,500, probably a lot less and have enough supplies for 10/20 years depending on the shelf life of nic and OLED screens. Consumables for future purchase would be batteries, PG, VG. cotton, wire, and flavoring. Anyone who rebuilds and mixes really is vaping for free.

Items in service
    SV rda clone 22mm
    Berserker mini 22mm tank
    Cthulu 1928 squonk rda 22mm
    Pico
    Pico Squeeze
    Pico Mega
    Pico X
    iStick VTC mini
    Artic Fox firmware
    Derringer style drip tips
    assorted O rings