What different is TC from SS, Ni and Ti?

Status
Not open for further replies.

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
The SS/Ni/Ti are preset materials, the TC mode presumably lets you enter your own TCR. With SS you usually have to do that because there's not 1 TCR that applies to all SS (range from about 88 to 115).
I don't have a mod with vaporesso chip so I can't go into detail, didn't you get a user manual along with your mod?

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
TC works because a coil's resistance changes with its temperature. However, different metals change at different rates. The TCR (I'm not sure what it stands for - temperature coefficient of resistance?) is a value that your mod can use to calculate the coil's temperature from its resistance - or rather from the difference between its current resistance and its resistance at room temperature.

Titanium (Ti), nickel 200 (Ni) and stainless steel 316L (SS) were the first three metals used for TC, although SS316L has pretty much eclipsed the other two by now. Your mod is programmed with TCR settings for those three. You said there was also a TC setting. I'm betting you mean TCR. That mode would let you enter the actual TCR of any metal you like (in theory, at least) so you could use it in TC.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
In the temperature mode of Vaporesso box, there are SS, Ni and Ti options, which I assume they should be used in accordance with the material of the coil. But there is also a TC mode. What is that?
TC stands for Temp Control. Allows you to set the upper limit of how hot(mostly your choice) a temp gets before the mod reacts to protect that coil. This is where you can also set the wattage.
Some mods automatically put those watts at the highest setting initially for that mod so be aware to change it to your preferred level of vaping.

:)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You've gotten good answers, and hopefully they help. If you are struggling with settings and whatnot, I usually find a good YouTube review or two to be far more helpful when it comes to actually figuring out mod settings and etc. It's more helpful (to me) than a thousand user manuals.

I'm glad you are asking. Some materials have to be used in TC mode, such as Titanium and Nickle otherwise bad byproducts can enter your vape as they overheat. Kanthal can only be used in wattage mode (for the most part a few mods claim to be able to do TC with it) and SS can be used in wattage or TC mode. I usually use SS because I can get a feel for my build in wattage mode and how it vapes. I usually use whatever works in wattage mode as my ramp up wattage in TC, and as far as temperature ceilings, anything under 420 F is considered fairly safe, assuming you have decent TC. I use a ceiling much lower than that, but I like a cool vape and am a MTL vaper.

Lots of experimenting and fun to be had, etc.

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
In the temperature mode of Vaporesso box, there are SS, Ni and Ti options, which I assume they should be used in accordance with the material of the coil. But there is also a TC mode. What is that?
Noticed you asked a few questions before. Might want to try the ECF search function in upper right hand corner (google/Youtube may have an answer) of this post. Could type in "Temperature control". Your own query may yield far answers/information than what we guess you might like to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread