What do anti-tobacco zealots do when they retire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
I don't know if he's retired, but apparently his TC checks are drying up so he's off to greener pa$ture$.

Double Face Palm.jpg

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
Hm...
Are you sure that guy is not addicted?
Addicted to attacking others?
Addicted to spouting ridiculous nonsense?

Now, I bet Big P has just the pills to cure his addiction. NRT. Nonsense Replacement Therapy. :facepalm:

Oh, my favorite comment under that article:

Redskins, that's no problem: It's the WHITE HOUSE that offends me :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Hm...
Are you sure that guy is not addicted?
Addicted to attacking others?
Addicted to spouting ridiculous nonsense?

Now, I bet Big P has just the pills to cure his addiction. NRT. Nonsense Replacement Therapy. :facepalm:

Oh, my favorite comment under that article:

You notice that when Washington got a new baseball team, they didn't go back to the traditional name, "Washington Senators". That would have been degrading to the players. Teams like to be associated with the fearless and strong..

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
Stanton Glantz will change his name to Stanton ANTZ and go on to writing the acclaimed studies,"Adverse Effects Of Air On The Head" and "Cigars,The Devils Tool"

... or the effects of Personal Electronic Nicotine Inhalation Systems (*giggle*) on the innocent minds of the chiiiiiildren :lol:

You notice that when Washington got a new baseball team, they didn't go back to the traditional name, "Washington Senators". That would have been degrading to the players. Teams like to be associated with the fearless and strong..

Last edited:

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
... or the effects of Personal Electronic Nicotine Inhalation Systems (*giggle*) on the innocent minds of the chiiiiiildren :lol:

He's already been shot down a few times. Glutton for punishment? :lol:

“The ultrafine particles that cigarettes (and e-cigarettes) deliver have substantial adverse effects on the cardiovascular system.” (reference: Institute of Medicine. Secondhand Smoke Exposure and Cardiovascular Effects: Making sense of the Evidence. 2009. Also see Barnoya J, Glantz S. Cardiovascular effects of secondhand smoke: nearly as large as smoking. Circulation 2005 May 24;111(20):2684-98 and Grana RL, Benowitz N, Glantz SA. E-cigarettes: a scientific review. Circulation 2014 May 13;129(19):1972-86. doi: 10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.114.007667.)

Response
The same studies were again cited in the second argument, with the addition of the latest review on e-cigarettes. However, this is a direct mis-presentation of evidence, since there is not even a single study indicating that particles emitted from e-cigarettes represent a risk factor for cardiovascular disease.

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
He's already been shot down a few times. Glutton for punishment? :lol:

“The ultrafine particles that cigarettes (and e-cigarettes) deliver have substantial adverse effects on the cardiovascular system.” (reference: Institute of Medicine. Secondhand Smoke Exposure and Cardiovascular Effects: Making sense of the Evidence. 2009. Also see Barnoya J, Glantz S. Cardiovascular effects of secondhand smoke: nearly as large as smoking. Circulation 2005 May 24;111(20):2684-98 and Grana RL, Benowitz N, Glantz SA. E-cigarettes: a scientific review. Circulation 2014 May 13;129(19):1972-86. doi: 10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.114.007667.)

Response
The same studies were again cited in the second argument, with the addition of the latest review on e-cigarettes. However, this is a direct mis-presentation of evidence, since there is not even a single study indicating that particles emitted from e-cigarettes represent a risk factor for cardiovascular disease.

Or, in the immortal words of Dr. Farsalinos:

Common sense, not any citation, is needed to understand that water vapor particles do not contribute to cardiovascular disease

:lol:
Abuse of evidence and argument: a response to Stanton Glantz' criticisms of an expert letter to WHO on tobacco harm reduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread