Status
Not open for further replies.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
There are drip atomizers, and there are rda's. Those are Rebuildable Dripping Atomizers. A normal drip atomizer you don't need to mess with. They're disposable. A rda requires you to build the coil with a wick. You can use many things for a wick, like hemp, cotton, silica, stainless steel mesh(SS), and many others. You can customize the resistance to whatever you want it to be, with some knowledge and/or experience. There are also RBA's, which are ReBuildable Atomizers. Those are genesis style atomizers. You can buy a RBA, RDA, or an atomizer capable of RDA and RBA. I have an AGI, which allows that capability.

You'll need a wicking material, kanthal wire..the gauge you get will be around the resistance you're aiming for. Get a higher gauge wire to start out with first, before you go on to mess with lower gauges. With wires, a higher gauge is a thinner wire.

Get a multimeter. You may want to get a butane torch and maybe even a good pair of scissors and a magnetic tray to catch the tiny screws when you're tinkering with it.

What kind of battery do you have?

Last edited:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
For testing new juices I use a simple atomizer like this one. I put a drip tip on it. You can get these attys in different resistances, so pick one that is appropriate for you. You can also use a bridgless atomizer if you want. You might find that a bit easier to clean between flavors, but the normal bridged are fine for me.

What I do is drip about four drops into it on a VV PV like a Twist or a Spinner. Start with low voltage, vape it and increase voltage to see how the juice changes with more power. If you don't have a VV power supply, just get the same resistance atty as what you are using to vape with normally. After I'm done with a juice I flush out the atty with warm water in the sink, flick out most of the water and then gently dry burn a couple of times to get most of the water out. Then it's on to the next juice.

I have RDA's, but it's harder to change juices with them. This is the best way I've found to do taste testing.

Last edited:

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
ryadan....

https://www.canvape.com/product-p/510sra.htm

so i would just need this atomizer and a drip tip??
and then i could use my spinner right?
this sounds, going for less complicated for now.

i've only been at this 3 almost 4 weeks and have spent a lot of money so far.
trying not to break the bank just so i can taste test!

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
Hi

I have a blog with an overview of simple dripping, perhaps you will find something helpful: Drip, Drip, Drip…

A 510 or 306 dripping atty runs about $6.

this is well written...
but i'm new.. very new.
and it's all very confusing as i don't know what all these parts are.
and i am not able to easily tell what i need.
to me this looks like cartos.
I think i need more specific reccomendations...

i just started i think it was september 9 i got a white cloud kit, hated it
got a south beach kit, gave that junker to my son.
ordered a halo g6, returned it and bought the triton kit.
wanted a longer lasting battery so i got the vision spinner.
saw the itaste10s kit and fell in love with the look... but it was doa.. yeah my luck.

started stocking up on clearomizers trying to taste test these new samples i bought
and well its not working out, too much money and too much cleaning. and it's getting expensive

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
Last edited:

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
this is well written...
but i'm new.. very new.
and it's all very confusing as i don't know what all these parts are.
and i am not able to easily tell what i need.
to me this looks like cartos.
I think i need more specific reccomendations...

i just started i think it was september 9 i got a white cloud kit, hated it
got a south beach kit, gave that junker to my son.
ordered a halo g6, returned it and bought the triton kit.
wanted a longer lasting battery so i got the vision spinner.
saw the itaste10s kit and fell in love with the look... but it was doa.. yeah my luck.

started stocking up on clearomizers trying to taste test these new samples i bought
and well its not working out, too much money and too much cleaning. and it's getting expensive

Yeah, it can be expensive.

I have settled in on the lR 306 or LR 510..... LR means low resistance. Better flavor. set your spinners low when using these..say at 3.1 to 3.5.

I like the LR 306 from myvaperstore. They last a long time.

Ryedan is correct also...see his link? Now scroll down and look at the 510 that has an LR in front of it LR 510...... I havent vaped thesthis brand yet.

Ocelot, whats your favorite LR 510 ? best bang for the buck ?

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I'm off to sleep now, so perhaps someone else can answer any follow-up questions - provided this is even relevant - i"m sleepy.

At a distance, cartomizers and atomizers do look similar, but inside they are different.

The liquid in a cartomizer is held in batting/filler material, wrapped around a heat coil. As it comes in contact with the coil it vaporizes.

Single coil cartomizer:
320px-Cartomizer.jpg

carto_02_410.jpg
e-cig-cartomizer.jpg

A dripping atomizer has no filler material. It is just a coil, wrapped around a wick, with a mesh "bridge" on top that hold a small amount of juice and a reservoir cup at the bottom that also holds a little juice. You drip juice directly onto the coil and it vaporizes immediately.

atomizer.jpg
qx49.jpg

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Yeah, it can be expensive.

I have settled in on the lR 306 or LR 510..... LR means low resistance. Better flavor. set your spinners low when using these..say at 3.1 to 3.5.

I like the LR 306 from myvaperstore. They last a long time.

Ryedan is correct also...see his link? Now scroll down and look at the 510 that has an LR in front of it LR 510...... I havent vaped thesthis brand yet.

Ocelot, whats your favorite LR 510 ? best bang for the buck ?

I don't use 510s very much, probably because the ones I have around are SR left over from I can't remember when. I've always used Joyetech for all of my attys. I imagine there are others out there that perform "better," but I'm a simple vapor. I'm content with what I have. I thought I posted before that I buy in bulk from Vapor Kings.

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
I just got my first rda from FT it v5 clone with dual coils and 4 air holes. It was like 7.00 that's why I got it . FT has a nice selection if you don't mind waiting and not spending a lot of money and not being happy.

not spending money and not being happy
bwahahaha

are you saying it wasn't worth the $7?
havnt ordered from them yet. sometimes i put the innokin itaste vv express kit in my cart...
but cant bring myself to check out lol.

didn't even know they had atty's!
that's what its called right? atty's?

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread