What do you call High, Medium and Low nicotine

Status
Not open for further replies.

HyOnLyph

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hi, I realize that this is far from standardized in the "market". But, in trying to coach some of the ladies, we get a bit confused. When I first introduced an e-cig to them, I could only afford one ecig and bottle of juice came with it. It was suggested that it would probably work fine for them. It was 36 mg.

I gave it to our heaviest smoker and just about killed her.

Now our ladies are using SmokeStik. I think SS is a little on the low end of the high/low chart and I like that. But can anyone coach me a little as far as average nic levels for ecigs overall. and relative to SS?

Am I correct that if they are not "satisfied" i.e. wanting another cigarette really soon, then perhaps they need to up the nic a a little?

Thanks much for the help.

bassthumper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2010
TN
sorry man but I don't understand about half of what you're asking.

Yes, if they vape and still crave nic, then up it.
IMO anything over 36mg is ridiculous, but there's ppl that vape 48mg and some do even more than that!

I vape 24 and 18 and if I'm craving badly, 36mg.
Also, some here would recommend supplementing your vaping with SNUS. (smokeless and spitless tobacco) Don't use it at the same time though ha ha.

I'd say anything above 16-18 is high.
And anything below 12-8 is low. Everything in the middle is medium strength. YMMV however...

Vaping just isn't for ppl that aren't ready to quit. It does work well as an alternative. Consider it "another brand." Smokers will use every excuse known to man in order to justify smoking again when they try to quit.
"It hurts my lips. I don't like the taste. I can't deal with the batteries."
Funny how there's ways to fix or accomodate everyone of these reasons yet they'll find another one everytime. :facepalm:
So don't be surprised if she's just making excuses. She may even believe them herself. Addiction is ugly!

Last edited:

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
48mg Very High
36mg High
24mg High/Medium
18mg Medium
12mg Medium/Low
6mg Low
Omg None
That's all Redneck assumption and just my opinion. I was a chain Marlboro Light smoker and MLs are known to be nicotine 'enriched'. Found 36mg would make me dizzy and started at 24. Now at 12mg to reduce the dependence. It's working....

HyOnLyph

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
sorry man but I don't understand about half of what you're asking.

yeah, I get that sometimes. I was "multitasking" while on a conference call. It might have come out a little jumbled.

And yes, I'm finding out that if someone doesn't "get it" and isn't ready, they'll take the kit, put it in their purse and never use it. Most of our ladies are part timing it right now. I think some of them just need to know that it's an alternative. It's a matter of believing it is possible and wanting to change.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
I've seen similar to what Raven posted for other vendors' juice, too (the mg vs classification). 24 mg is often called Very High, though as others have said up to a 36 mg is used by some people.

16-18 didn't cut it for me, to stop smoking -- I had to have 24 mg. Now I still like 24 at times, even a 30 DIY, but 12 - 18 is nice for me, especially when I'm chain-vaping at a computer.

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
What is considered "high" varies, as does what works for people. It might be worthwhile to focus on the actual mgs/ml, rather than on the variable terms High-med-low. Obviously different manufacturers use those labeles differently.

Some people will be satisfied at 12 mgs/ml, others will need 24mg/ml. The frequency of the urge to vape can increase as nicotine content decreases. People tend to find their own set point, and many of us vary the concentration depending on whether or not we're chain vaping.

It can also change over time. It took me about 6 weeks when i started vaping to figure out that it took me 2-3 ml of 24 mg liquid to switch completely from smoking (I wasn't trying to quit, and didn't really want to quit). Now I use 1-2 mls of 12-18mgs/ml - and i can barely tolerate 24 mg liquid. This wasn't deliberate, it's just how it's turning out. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that no one level fits everyone. So in terms of your original question you can try upping the nicotine a bit, or alternatively you can try increasing the frequency of vaping. Is it possible yet for the girls to try different nicotine levels to see what suits them?

HyOnLyph

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
thanks for the input everyone. Since your responses... I check out a new store that I hadn't seen before. TastyVapor. I see how they have flavors at various nic levels. but then you can purchase "doubler" at zero nic and use it to cut the higher nic as you reduce your "content". Seems like an interesting thought. I've known you can cut it with VG or PG but then you ruin the flavor too. We've had various juices donated to us from PIF and some of it is simply marked HIGH. With no mg level. I've even gone to the manufacturer's website and they don't stipulate what the mg is. Sure glad that SmokeStik does. It makes it so much easier.

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
The lack of anything more descriptive than "high" is problematic. If you have the information it's probably be worth emailing or calling the manufacturer. On a couple of websites the mgs/ml is either really hard to find or hidden until you put the juice in your shopping cart. You can also decrease the nic by using any flavored 0 or low concentration liquid. - which is what i *think* the doublers are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread