• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

What do you do around the house (like singing) that your pet reacts to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacArthurBug

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
I sing a LOT, and mr. Pablo kitty occasionally accompanies, but only when I'm doing opera. He loves him some opera. Anytime I walk into the kitchen he chirrups at me to see if I'm making something for him. In the mornings if I hurry across the living room he'll chase me and Tigger bounce my calves.

AJMoore

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2009
Here and back
We have a cat for a dog. She likes to go for walks (no leash), follows like a dog. Just now, hubby came home and even though its late and almost dark she wasn't going to be happy until we were BOTH outside with her for a little walk. Just one human won't do, has to be both. I already did the walk thing a couple hrs ago, not good enough, has to be both of us.

I think we're the perfect pet for her. Very obedient we are.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
We have a cat for a dog. She likes to go for walks (no leash), follows like a dog. Just now, hubby came home and even though its late and almost dark she wasn't going to be happy until we were BOTH outside with her for a little walk. Just one human won't do, has to be both. I already did the walk thing a couple hrs ago, not good enough, has to be both of us.

I think we're the perfect pet for her. Very obedient we are.

I got a friend with a cat like that wishes it was a dog.
It makes the weirdest noise when someone is at the door. Everyone thinks its trying to bark.:laugh:

mikecyber

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2010
Egg fryingly hot Florida
When I walk anywhere the skunk is in tow.
When I walk by a closed sliding glass door, I have to open it for her to go out. (Enclosed balcony)
When I walk into the kitchen I get stomped at, she wants food and treats.
When I get in bed, she lumbers up her stairs and crawls onto my chest.
When I'm not paying attention to her she reminds me with her front claws. (Gently. Most of the time.)

Edit:
She knows I wrote about her, and isn't very happy. I just got a shoulder full of claw.

Last edited:

Max0819

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2010
Seattle
Mine are like mrjaguar's.

I can't do anything that they don't want to be part of.

Besides our yellow lab, we have two 7 month old cats. An F1 Chausie and an F5 Savannah. The Chausie (Neo, tica decided to register him as "THE ONE" all caps, the Savannahs name is Mocha). Neo has decided to be bonded to me and if he hears my footsteps he's right there. If I go outside, he stands by the door waiting for me. Not sure how long cause when I come home he's always there. :D In the middle of the night if I get up, when I come out of the bathroom he is sitting there all bleary eyed and winking. lol

Both of them love playing in water, so if you turn on a faucet it drives them mad. Particularly Mocha. He sticks his head under the running water and licks it as it drips down his face. We've nicknamed him 'Mr Wiggy'.

I'm a bit of an insomniac, so when I am up I head to my office and do some work (or read ecf :p). Neo wakes up, comes in chips and urks, doesn't really meow, at me. Then Jumps up on top my desk bookcase/hutch and keeps an eye on me. it's where he is at this moment staring at me.

Ah the joys of pet ownership...

Max

trukinlady

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2010
Missouri, USA
Everything :)

I sit down, they (3 dogs) are right there, often in my lap . I get up, they get up. I move into another room, they follow- especially if it's a room with a refrigerator door opening. :)

My 4 dogs do the same thing! They will even follow me into the bathroom! One time I didn't shut the bathroom door all the way, and I kept feeling a draft while I was taking a shower. I opened the shower curtain, and Doc (my mini dachshund) was laying there curled up on the floor mat right next to the tub! lol! I looked out into the hall, and the other 3 were lined up as if they were waiting for their turn to come in! :D

FlyerTom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nor'Eastern PA
Open any crinkly-crackly cellophane-type packaging and Daisy, our 6 year-old Golden Retriever, suddenly appears from thin air in mooching mode.
Take the car keys off the hook and she suddenly hyperventilates and dances circles around the back door - goin'foraride goin'foraride goin'foraride goin'foraride HURRY UP!!! goin'foraride goin'foraride goin'foraride....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread