What do you do for a living? And how does you place of business take to your PV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberwolfrob

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Spokane,Wa
Just wondering what everyone does for work and how the work environment takes to your PV. Whether you just use it on break,at your desk or all throughout the work place. What reactions have you gotten?

I am a Baker at Fred Meyer and the only place I can really use it in the store is in our break room and not on the floor (for food safety reasons and to maintain a professional appearance). There is a toatal of 3 of us that use PV's and for the first couple of day's the others would always give the strangest looks,but not say anything. Eventually some started asking questions and we explained and we all got the "good for you,Congrats". The boss has approved for break room use,as he would "much rather have us using these than standing near the employee ntrance stinking up the hallway" and he feels it gives a better appearance to the store and employees by not walking around smelling like an ashtray:D:D lol.

dmtnt

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
www.powerlinerocks.net
Director of Technology for a retail pet supply chain. We're starting a program to eliminate smoking on the premises by 1/1/2011. My PV is NOT part of the program!!! :D

Everyone here loves the various scents in my office, and after showing them the difference between smoke through a napkin vs vape, nobody is afraid of the 2nd-hand vape.

catlvr

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
Kern County California
I'm a weighmaster in a refinery. My office area is down at the end of the hall. I'm vaping the whole 12hrs I'm there. During the weekday shifts when the office workers are in I can hear them comming down the hall so no problems there. When I'm on nights I don't have to worry about anyone so that's good. I've only told a few trusted co-workers about it. Non-smokers but they are very happy for me. Unfortunately none of the few smokers I've mentioned it to were very interested.:p I will not ask permission to use it inside as there are too many antis working in the office. Been vaping over 9 months and they haven't caught me yet ha ha!!:D

jaded

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2009
Lynchburg, VA
I am basically a doorman at a club. The only person who has and objection to my pv at work is me cause I get sick of explaining it to drunks 100 times a night. Now if I had some to sell I would be fine with it and my boss said he would be fine with me selling them. Right now its a big hassle because we have to let people go outside to smoke and they can't take drinks out or we get fined 5000 dollars.

Cody M

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2010
Wyoming
Computer programmer here. My boss is the one that got me to use a PV in the first place so he has no problems whatsoever :cool:. Most of the employees here were smokers but they switched to using a PV as well. So far nobody has complained. In fact, since everybody has started switching from analogs to using a PV, I've been getting to try tons of different flavors :evil:.

planetofthevapes

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2009
Pandhandle of Nebraska
I'm a housewife that now babysits full time. To tell you the truth, the lady I babysit for approached me and asked me to do it...she never knew me, never asked if I smoke or drink...so I don't give a crap what she thinks. No offense. Her mother is a heavy smoker and smokes with kids in the car and the windows up. If she ever says anything about my vaping I'll tell her to find another sitter. Just like she knows we are avid wine/beer makers...she didn't know that at first, but I have never hid it from her. Once again, if she has a problem with my life, she can find somebody else. I don't drink in front of her kids...and I'm a good person! ROFL! She has never said anything but I doubt she has ever seen me use it even though it's always hanging out my mouth. My janty stick looks nothing like a cig...and the fog in the air in my house can be all kinds of different things. She has never even noticed! ROFL! Yes, I take proper precautions, liquids out of reach and in child safety bottles and those bottles are in childproof med bottles. A child would have to learn how to climb and open TWO childproof bottles in a matter of seconds to get into them (and the only one out is usually in my pocket...still in the childproof bottles of course).

:)

JDSupreme

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Sales Rep for a few big industrial pump distributors. Mainly work out of the office in our house but travel around to different steel mills, power plants, etc. I'm going to have to start selling PV's as well. If I had a case of them available in my travels I'd be selling them like crazy! A ton of positive interest!!! Im around alot of smokers who cant smoke where they work.

pisacandy

Feb 15, 2010
Kansas
Waitress... we have a partially enclosed station where I keep my 510, and I just lean down a bit and inhale... if I can't control the vapor, I stand by the coffee machine (since it steams, ya know lol) and let it out... it sure is better than serving food while smelling like a nasty analog! Who knows how many tips it may have cost me before :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread