What do you guys do if you can't bring your GGTS somewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
I've brought my GGTS on a plane with no problems.
I'm worried now, though, because I'm traveling to NYC on Thursday night (via train.. so I'll only have my pockets) for a concert and I'm concerned they won't let me bring my GGTS + Ithaka into the show, not knowing what it is, or thinking it could be "used as a weapon" (I know, I know.. but people can be ignorant).
I don't want to risk bringing it, because there is no chance in the world I am leaving my GGTS somewhere other than my pocket or my car (hidden of course)

Do you guys have backups? I would hate to use a Blu or something like that.. and I do have cartos and an eGo battery but I still run into the same problem (maybe not as bad as a big GGTS and Ithaka).

Just want to hear your guys' thoughts on the matter.. any suggestions? Maybe they will let me bring it in? I'm not sure what I would do if I couldn't bring it in!

Clint

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Maggie Valley, NC
I would call the venue where there event is being held. And ask them. I purposely left my GGTS in my hotel room before I went to the Georgia Dome to watch the Falcons play, I could have easily brought it, but would have been required to use it in smoking sections outside the stadium. Obviously I didnt find this out until I arrived, and I was miserable for the 7+ hours I was without my GG. :-(

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
I would call the venue where there event is being held. And ask them. I purposely left my GGTS in my hotel room before I went to the Georgia Dome to watch the Falcons play, I could have easily brought it, but would have been required to use it in smoking sections outside the stadium. Obviously I didnt find this out until I arrived, and I was miserable for the 7+ hours I was without my GG. :-(

Yeah I wouldn't even mind if I had a hotel, but I'm driving an hour and a half then taking a train.. so it'll probably be like 8-10 hours if I leave it in my car before I get on the train!
I will call them and ask... I would still be worried, though.. I'll have to explain to them it's not a "typical" e-cigarette but much larger, stainless steel..
Even if they say it's ok, who's to say the bouncer won't refuse to let it inside? It's a punk show, so I feel like they'll be more suspicious of things like this than if it were a Fleetwood Mac concert or something :lol:

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
Well I called and the guy told me not to bring it. I explained to him it was larger than a regular e-cig and he said "it could be used as a weapon" - ugh... time for plan B.
I guess I could use an eGo battery and a carto... worst case scenario if I am forced to throw that out I won't lose too much money.. but still... Going back to cartos after using Ody and Ithaka for so long is not going to be fun!

edit: it's stupid, too, because anything can be used as a weapon.. what about car keys?

Last edited:

house mouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
BFE
I've never tried those disposables - what brand would I get? How long do they last? I really don't know much about them, I just always assumed they were awful?

I've never used them, but I've seen a few posters commenting on ECF about the njoy king and say it's quite good. But it has to be the King, not some of the other ones that njoy sells.

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
I've never used them, but I've seen a few posters commenting on ECF about the Njoy king and say it's quite good. But it has to be the King, not some of the other ones that Njoy sells.

Interesting, perhaps I will try that! Thanks guys..
I will feel so guilty using a non-GG product... like I'm cheating on her!

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
i recently got the njoy king at walmart because I was curious. I have no idea how long it would last, but it makes me cough lol the "lite" (gold) version is 18mg nic. I paid 6 or 7 dollars for it (one)

Yeah I've been reading more about them and I think I will buy two of them and it should last the day. One might even do it but I think I'm gonna buy two because I have a feeling they will be much more expensive in the city!
I'll let you guys know how it turns out. I'm not expecting anything mind blowing, especially after using an Ithaka and Ody for so long! But it should at least get me by without the risk of anything happening to my precious :lol:
A lot of people so seem to like them, even veteran vapers! Good to know for those rare times I can't have my GGTS in my pocket!

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México
I have traveled with my GGTS and Odysseus, Ithaka or Penélope.

First time I brought my GGTS with me in a flight, I printed some CaptSteve's pictures of GGTS in a cockpit (just in case), I unassembled the GGTS and Odysseus in small parts (I left the ceramic assembly assembled with wick and coil) and stored each part in ziplock bags and then inside a plastic box with compartments and brought the box with me inside the laptop bag, and when passing through revision point, I took out the laptop and the plastic box with GG parts to pass through the scanner.

Next flights I did the same: unassemble and storing in a plastic box all the parts (without CaptSteve's pictures).

I even brought with me some silica, kanthal 3ml bottles with liquid, always inside ziplock bags. And I only throw some batteries inside the laptop bag (of course, each pair inside a battery case).

Bishopheals

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
Staten Island
www.youtube.com
I've brought my GGTS on a plane with no problems.
I'm worried now, though, because I'm traveling to NYC on Thursday night (via train.. so I'll only have my pockets) for a concert and I'm concerned they won't let me bring my GGTS + Ithaka into the show, not knowing what it is, or thinking it could be "used as a weapon" (I know, I know.. but people can be ignorant).
I don't want to risk bringing it, because there is no chance in the world I am leaving my GGTS somewhere other than my pocket or my car (hidden of course)

Do you guys have backups? I would hate to use a Blu or something like that.. and I do have cartos and an eGo battery but I still run into the same problem (maybe not as bad as a big GGTS and Ithaka).

Just want to hear your guys' thoughts on the matter.. any suggestions? Maybe they will let me bring it in? I'm not sure what I would do if I couldn't bring it in!

Im in NY you will be fine, just remove the battery from mod and put it in your pocket. u can always say to them its medication thats all. they will let you go with no problems.

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
Just want to pop back in and say I did try the Njoy kings, and they aren't bad! Good choice if you absolutely can't carry around a larger device. They only had 5 packs so I had to get that, but one of them lasted me a couple hours, enough for my day trip to the city (only used it a few times really). Now I have 4 of them, but I guess they'll be good to have for emergencies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread