What do you guys think about buying used devics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaggy999

Mar 27, 2015
Hello I want to know what do you guys think about buying used vaping devices like mod boxes sub ohm others things is it a good way to get stuff cheap or not. Have anybody brought any used vaping device before how was it what to look for when buying used vaping device. What about germs lol you know people mouth/lips was on the diptip. I know I can run under soap and hot water Disinfectants wipes. So that all I got to say any suggestions.

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
I love reading through the Classifieds looking to see what people have to sell and checking out the prices and getting a feel for where the market is. I've purchased a bunch of used items and sold some myself. You can get some great deals if you buy this way, although it's rare that you'll get a device in as pristine condition as if you buy it new (although some people like me do take great care of their gear). I typically buy and sell mechanical mods, although I did buy a Provari on Craig's List and it was one of the best purchases that I've made. I wouldn't worry about germs - you can clean your gear in soap and water or alcohol, depending on what it is (I always clean new and used gear).

Reactions: roxynoodle

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Driptips are a different case from other vaping hardware. You can pour boiling water over used driptips. Wash with a bit of bleach in the soapy water. Treat them just like dishes. Perhaps even put them in a nylon bag in the dishwasher. Should be safe enough. If they don't stand up to whatever sanitizing routine you want to put them through, they were probably too cheap to be worth getting them from another person.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Hello I want to know what do you guys think about buying used vaping devices like mod boxes sub ohm others things is it a good way to get stuff cheap or not. Have anybody brought any used vaping device before how was it what to look for when buying used vaping device. What about germs lol you know people mouth/lips was on the diptip. I know I can run under soap and hot water Disinfectants wipes. So that all I got to say any suggestions.

well not used batteries.

Used steel is ok.

Used plastic you can use the bot water and bleach

But your big concern is going to be used mods with a centerpin insulator problem: seems to work at first but if you tighten it a tad too much it doesn't work

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
A lot of my stuff I bought used. Never have been burned and most have gone beyond and above the deal. Great way to buy stuff. I have one of the highest trader rating on another Canadian forum. As a matter of fact I have a used Panzer coming tomorrow. CHEERS!

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
I bought one used mod. Worked out great! It was rare and hard to come by I was a little anxious about sending a payment to a complete stranger, but the next day I got the tracking number, then came a beautiful as described mod. The seller included an atty, drip tip was already discarded. Seller also included two AW imr batteries, they were more than likely fine, but I discarded those out of safety. Can't be too careful with batteries.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I've bought a bunch of used gear, ProVaris, REOs, atomizers, even some batteries. Do your homework before buying used and look for good gear with a reputation for holding up, and ask questions of the seller about condition and length of use. As to concerns about germs, a quick dunk in alcohol and a wash with some dish detergent and hot water and you are good to go. Think about that fork you put into your mouth in a restaurant, it has been in hundreds if not thousands of other mouths before yours, drip tips and atties are no different, if you sanitize them there are no concerns, unless you are just a germaphobe.

Oberon75

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2014
Roseville, Mi, USA
When buying used. I'll only buy local. That way I know exactly what I'm getting. From time to time, I see some really good deals. But other times I see people trying to sell for the retail price or higher. Like a $120 Sigelei 150 or an $80 MVP. I'm always quick to call out these posts so nobody gets ripped off.

Sent from my HTC One M8 Harman/Kardon edition

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I have no problems buying used attys or mechs. I've bought quite a few. As for drip tips, I sanitize them very well. No different from using other peoples' silverware or going to the dentist.

I did do a trade for a used Sigelei 100W, and it was well cared for. Works just fine. I was going to buy one anyway with the money I got from selling that atty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread