What do you know about the Sigelei #8w Caravella clone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joejoe

Aug 10, 2010
Cabo San Lucas, MX
I have an RSST coming and am looking for a mechanical to use it with. I love the way this sigelei #8w Caravella clone looks and seems like it will match the RSST very well, but can't seem to find any information about it anywhere on the Interweb. Only thing I could find was "Word is the mod is very solid and performs very well." Please let me know if you know anything about it.

Thank you

Sig-8W-2.jpg

Last edited:

Renzuli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2011
North Las Vegas
Welcome , and it's a bottom , side button device , that is built fairly well . A lot of the sigelei mechanicals need a little tweaking to run at their best , but not that hard . And will work out of the box , so to speak . Segelei has a lot of mechanicals that do a fine job , and match up well with the RSST . Good Luck

cedric212

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
Not much information on the #8w, but I'll feel wary purchasing one without knowing what mechanism it uses to accommodate different battery heights. Since there's no spring, so does that mean it'll include different height of center pins like the real Caravela? Don't want to spend the $$$ and only to realize later it'll need a v2 (like the #19/20) to have it work properly without modding. Just my :2c:

I just found out about this mod & I REALLY like the look of it, however I'm a firm believer in function over form so I'll have to get confirmation that its worth the money. With coupon code "June10" at exhalevapors its only $26.98, that price makes me weary about the quality & longevity of the device. There is another Caravela clone by EHPRO called ShipWreck, its $85 at litecigusa & is only available in 18350 currently. Based on the reviews it has a very solid construction & performs well, one of the reviewers actually owns a real Caravela & he gave the ShipWreck 5 Stars, said its the best "China" clone mod to date so I imagine it can't be that bad, the questions is weather which clone is the best buy for the money, the Sigelei#8w for $30 or the EHPRO ShipWreck for $85. Something else to consider is the ShipWreck is only available in 18350 while the Sigelei#8w is available in both 18350 & 18650, the Sigelei's battery tubes look to be more polished than the EHPRO which looks more of a matte or brushed finish, I much prefer a polished finish to brushed but that's just aesthetic preference, I guess its all going to come down to which is of better build quality, when the feedback & reviews come rolling in we shall see.

Last edited:
She's a looker folks. 18350 sized.
With outer #19 tube and SG-1.
View attachment 232706
Polished standard 8W tube
View attachment 232708

Yea I just love polished brass & SS two tone, my favorites in such regard are the coveted Caravela & GP Paps Lux, just absolutely brilliant mech mods, I almost pulled the trigger on a 18350 GP Lux but if I'm going to get a mech mod, it MUST BE KICKABLE, only the 18500 & 18650 GP Paps are kickable, I just don't think 3.7v will do it for me, I usually vape between 9.5-11W, I NEED that warm, luscious vapor & I'm not too sure 3.7v will do it for me. Its all good though because here within the next week or so I'll be getting a iHybrid Pure, hopefully a KCaVO SE Pure, we shall see but either way I'll be getting a 18500 or 18650 iHybrid Pure with a Kick, OH YEA BABY!!! I'll finally be able to taste how my tobacco juices are supposed to be tasted, I CAN'T WAIT!!!

So clintSouthwood, how is that Segelei #8W performing?? How is the quality of the materials? Do you think it will fair nicely over time?? Thanks.

reign70

Jul 15, 2013
Chicago
I have it is very good mod the pin is adjustable to fit everything flush and then there is a second pin to fix battery rattle much like the chi you design. The ego thread doesn't look that great with an evod on it or anything else but it works for versatility. I have done some load voltage test and it out performs my natural with sanded contacts. It is true brass not like the ehpro caravela clone which is plated is why it shines gold. The sigelei 8w tarnishes quickly being real brass so I actually brushed the stainless steel to match the tarnish. I think it's a 23 mm mod like the caravela it does look great with the rsst but slightly wider. The ehpro caravela is 22 mm I think. I don't own a kick so I have no idea if it works. Only down fall for me its my first brass mod and either you polish often or live with the tarnish like I do. I also heard the ehpro caravela clone does not hold its own weight and wobbles when placed upright. The sigelei 8 w doesn't wobble and can hold its weight with 18650 and 18350 batteries and a device on top. According to Todds review of the ehpro caravela clone 74 mm or something around that at 18350 mode the sigelei 8w is 67mm. Hope these details help anyone thinking of purchasing it.

Fullknight

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2012
Oklahoma
I have it is very good mod the pin is adjustable to fit everything flush and then there is a second pin to fix battery rattle much like the chi you design. The ego thread doesn't look that great with an evod on it or anything else but it works for versatility. I have done some load voltage test and it out performs my natural with sanded contacts. It is true brass not like the ehpro caravela clone which is plated is why it shines gold. The sigelei 8w tarnishes quickly being real brass so I actually brushed the stainless steel to match the tarnish. I think it's a 23 mm mod like the caravela it does look great with the rsst but slightly wider. The ehpro caravela is 22 mm I think. I don't own a kick so I have no idea if it works. Only down fall for me its my first brass mod and either you polish often or live with the tarnish like I do. I also heard the ehpro caravela clone does not hold its own weight and wobbles when placed upright. The sigelei 8 w doesn't wobble and can hold its weight with 18650 and 18350 batteries and a device on top. According to Todds review of the ehpro caravela clone 74 mm or something around that at 18350 mode the sigelei 8w is 67mm. Hope these details help anyone thinking of purchasing it.

I use my 8w with Kick and 18500mah.

reign70

Jul 15, 2013
Chicago
Honestly with AW imr 18650 battery voltage drop was 3.92 on 4.2 charge with a .8 ohm coil on a chi bus which is pretty good for a $30 mod same setup on my natural performed at 3.38 before I sanded the contacts. The only thing I heard of doing to improve the sigelei 8 w is the lip of the button there is a little friction point that rubs against the locking ring can be polished for smoother throw. As for throw it is very short prolly 1 mm or less. But all contacts are exposed brass so voltage is good.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I got an 8W on the second go-around with 18350 tube, then added the 18650 tube. Only negative was the gritty fire button. I never did get around to trying to fix it... but with constant use it's pretty much fixed itself. Sitting here tooting it in 18350 right now. The adjustable top cap screw will easily allow a Vape Safe in either config no problem, but I haven't been using them in mine. Been thinking about adding a spacer the right thickness to the screw though to snug it down for an always rattle free battery (it can move way too easily when installing a battery - sometimes has to be readjusted again after installing a battery).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread