• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

What do you ladies do to keep in shape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thelook

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
Since I quit smoking, I have regained my ooompf, and have started doing things that I thought I would never do again.
Hatha's Yoga for one.
And
Riding a bike, yes one you peddle!
I must say, it is a lot harder than I remember it being as a kid, ond OMG the seats on these new bikes are soooo small...or maybe my .... is just a lot bigger.
So far I am loving it and am so happy that I can do it without coughing up a lung!
So what are you in to?

stover.p

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2010
Oklahoma
aaaaaaahhhhhh................you're supposed to do something to stay in shape?? Since I'm a desk jocky and really have to say that I don't do much and the size of my .... shows it too! I have more energy since I kicked the habit but I use it working on our house. I keep saying I'm going to join the gym but I keep driving everytime I pass it.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
I used to walk at least a mile a day..sometimes three. But since it got so hot (100 heat index) I can't without getting a heat stroke. That's not me teasing you..I helped at my charity spaghetti dinner and almost passed out. I looked like I had a bucket of water dropped on my head and I was beet red. The rest of the ladies were working too..they weren't sweating. See my hair in the picture? It was down and "done" before I put it up and sat in the ladies for a half hour to cool down.
I will be happy to see cool weather again! I have gained 20 lbs and need to work it off! Walking and streaching are the only two exercizes I can do without back problems. And yes I do have a treadmill/clothesrack. It's like a forced death march..I hate that thing!
yea..September!

Last edited:

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
I take the dog for a walk on the beach for around an hour a day, if I can swing it. While I don't have to lose weight, (I tip the scales at an impressive 98 pounds), things are starting to get 'wobbly'. Payton was kind enough to tell me the other day, "Mommy, when you go up the stairs, your bum is shaky looking'

Yup, she's lucky to still be drawing in air ladies.

Anyone tried those Reebok or Sketcher ....-Leg shaper runners? I'm considering grabbing a pair me thinks...

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
I haven't gained any more for a couple years, but it is so hard getting about 20# off.
I just work in my shop (upholstery) and that's pretty physical, but I do need to look at an eliptical or something for winter time. I am actually turning down work now. THEN going to do a bunch of painting and redecorating, that will get me in shape!
Domino, my husband just got a pair of shape ups and loves them! I have some sandals that are great, but haven't run in them.
MK, are you moved yet, or still work in progress? Hope everyone is well.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
Soduku did! I will look for that thread. here it is!

A new "find" (
multipage.gif
1 2 3 ... Last Page)

MrsJaaxx

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2009
Atlanta, GA
www.juicyliquid.com
I jump rope. I'm really short so I can do it indoors, while watching TV, without hitting the ceiling.

I have not kept it up the last couple of months, though. And though I am very small, like Domino-- I am also sharing her experience of things not being so firm in the back. And now that I posted this, I am going to make myself jump rope tonight. Thanks ladies!

OT-- Kate, I grew up around an upholstery shop! My grandaddy ran one in his basement, and of course I was allowed to play with all the tools-- the button maker, the staple gun (puh-shhhh!), the staple puller, and I got to write in marker on the wood that was going to be covered up! Wonderful memories.

thelook

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
Ive been beautiful for 45yrs,Im gonna give someone else a turn.

You crack me up Gorgeous girl!!!!

Not me, I plan on fighting it to the end, I am not a big girl, I just have things that are not were they use to be:D
I have about 10 pounds that need to find a new home and not in my zip code:p

thelook

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
I jump rope. I'm really short so I can do it indoors, while watching TV, without hitting the ceiling.

I have not kept it up the last couple of months, though. And though I am very small, like Domino-- I am also sharing her experience of things not being so firm in the back. And now that I posted this, I am going to make myself jump rope tonight. Thanks ladies!

OT-- Kate, I grew up around an upholstery shop! My grandaddy ran one in his basement, and of course I was allowed to play with all the tools-- the button maker, the staple gun (puh-shhhh!), the staple puller, and I got to write in marker on the wood that was going to be covered up! Wonderful memories.

OHHHHH I forgot about jumping rope!!
Have not done that in years, that is great excersise, course I think I would need to invest in a good sports bra, so I don't knock myself out:blush:

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
Mike and i looked at bikes, I want one when we move back to Tampa..sidewalks, all right! But when we went looking, I was shocked! My .... is not big..in fact it moved to the front..but still. Who do they make those seats for anyway? I asked a kid if they happened to have any padded tractor seats..even a nice bench seat? Mike suggested a nice 3 wheeler for me.
slap.gif

thelook

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
MaryKay, I ended up falling off my bike the other day and skinned my knee really bad, hubs said the bike was way to big for me and we ended up exchanging it for a smaller one, this one has a little bit bigger seat and I do mean little bit...lol
I may do what glowgirl suggested and buy a pair of padded bike shorts to wear under my other shorts.
I have to do something cuz owieeee it hurts!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread