The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

What do you mean by a 'dry hit'?

Discussion in 'Atomizers and Cartridges' started by Zaratoughda, Apr 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Zaratoughda

Zaratoughda Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 4, 2011
    NE Pennsylvania
    People use the term 'dry hit' a lot and, to be honest I am not sure what they are talking about.

When I vape normally, when I come to the end of the vape, there is less vapor and I then know I am at the end of that vape. So, time to stop vaping that juice or, drip some more drops.

Is this what people mean by a 'dry hit'?

Another possibility... way back when.... when I was dripping on blu/volvano atties and using blu batteries, at times I had certain juices that, maybe even after only 3 ML or so, I would start getting no flavor. This meant that the atty had gotten 'scabbed over' by what does not vape in the juice (most people would call this a 'clogged atty').

Is this what people man by a 'dry hit'?

(Yeah, once I learned how to dry burn, I don't let my atties get scabbed over anymore, clean/dry burn them before this happens, so it is not something I experience anymore.)

When I was using the boge cartos, when I came to the end of the carto (my standard was 6 ML per carto), then I oftentimes, depending on the juice, would be getting almost no flavor. Maybe this is what people mean by a 'dry hit'.

Lastly, I have been comparing the 306 Aero to the regular cisco 306 bridgeless 1.5 ohm atty, and while the former seems to give a more consistent vape, the latter seems to bring more flavor and TH. So, maybe what I am experiencing with the Aero is what people mean by 'dry hit'.

If anyone knows for certain what they are talking about with the term 'dry hit', please enlighten me.

Thank you.

2. tbro

tbro Full Member

Feb 15, 2013
    baton rouge/houston
    It's a really harsh sort of burnt hit.

3. eHuman

eHuman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 18, 2010
    San Diego
    When you get to the point that you described, then take a couple more hits you'll find out.
    You are doing it right, top off before dry hits your atty and lungs will thank you.

4. Charlz

Charlz Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Dec 14, 2011
    upstate NY
    Yeah, you got it right. If you vape while the coil isn't wet from juice, it tastes harsh, dry, burnt. Either the carto is dry, the juice isn't getting to the wick/coil or it has gotten gunky (or "scabbed" over? I like that one.) and is preventing the wick from working right.

5. MasterofNone

MasterofNone Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 2, 2013
    New York
    Now I have only used the hh357, so ymmv...

But in my experience, a dry hit feels like a burning piece if metal is screaming go f- yourself directly down your throat. When you get one there's no mistaking it for anything else.

That's my two cents anyway...

Tim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.