The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

What do you think is the absolute best Provari Topper?

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by glassgal, Nov 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. glassgal

glassgal Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 7, 2013
    Central Florida
    Do you have 1 top that you think blows everything else you have tried out of the water?

I'm trying to figure out what the absolute best top is. I know Carto tanks are super popular, other people love rebuildables like Kayfun lite, what do you think is the best of the best that you've tried? If you could only have 1 topper and nothing else, which would you pick that would really get the most out of your Provari?

2. Preloader

Preloader Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 13, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Looks or Performance?

For me, looks goes to KirF's Prive Special Carto Tank. Performance goes to Atmistique's Diver. Add the two together and you get the "Priver Special". A winning combination of looks and performance and rebuildability. See also: Sophia and Killer. (Prophia Special and Priller Special)

3. Thunderball

Thunderball Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2013
    Grayson, Georgia
    Hard one to me...... Carto's for ease of use....... Rebuildables for the "taste and tinker" crowd........

I'll just sit back a watch this one,,,,,,:pop:

4. ItTechy

ItTechy Information Tragedy dOOd Verified Member ECF Veteran

Its all personal...IMHO....I have three ZAP's (only used one) and and a Fogger V2 , I will also get a Taifun GT but it all boils down to personal preference. I have Protank II, and and Hydra Tanks also , I will probably order some Aspire Bdc tanks, but the end result is personal preference.

5. Preloader

Preloader Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 13, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    I will mention that glass tanks whenever possible are my preference. Even though I am partial to KirF and carto/carto-atties, the PMMA frosted tanks seem to mute flavor ever so slightly.

6. Zbeast08

Zbeast08 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 18, 2013
    Wilson, NC, USA
    You ask for one....kirf tanks made for provaris....awesome look and appeal....with a great carto!!

7. Splatnext

Splatnext Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 30, 2013
    near the beach
    I get all verklemt when I read about all these fancy tanks, makes me feel so inadequate.I was soo proud of myself that I graduated to carto tanks this last friday.:blush:

8. Thrasher

Thrasher ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2012
    Madeira beach, Fla
    lol i know the feeling when I got my provari over a year ago i felt guilty using a vivi nova on it LOL

9. Laythor

Laythor Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2013
    San Jose, CA
    Kayfunlite with a M tank and Loki ring below it.

10. gotch23

gotch23 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 27, 2011
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    I like the Taifun GT the best.

11. baghandler

baghandler Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2013
    Chicago
    I love my Loki Labs SS1 tank + ring. Have been using Ikenvape cartos but I have a Sophia rebuildable (took the plunge! Wish me luck! :unsure: ) on the way.....

12. donnah

donnah Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'm partial to the kayfun lite with a provari ring. I used carto tanks for around a year and moved on to rebuildables. I never cared for a genesis with mesh on the provari because (for me) it didn't provide enough power to run it the way I wanted it to run but a genesis with a micro coil and cotton runs great on a provari. When building for the provari.. I build my coils to 1.2 to 1.3Ω to be able to get the max amount of power before hitting the amp and wattage ceilings.

13. jetcity

jetcity Keeper of the Provari Ω Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 3, 2013
    Washington
    Carto tanks for me and I agree with baghandler, I love my Loki Lab tank too! :) The SnP tank would be my fav but it has no air cutouts on the bottom so I can't use any beauty rings with it.

14. woodardjd

woodardjd Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 31, 2013
    Midwest City, OK
    At the moment, it's a tossup between three. Killer 705 in a D-Base tank. It's a trick to keep the wick saturated but, when it's running right it's a damned good vape. The D-Base looks sweet sitting on top as well.
    Russian 91%, Microcoil(9 wraps of 28AWG A-1 Kanthal 1.6 ohms) with cotton wick. Great flavor and decent vapor. Looks would be improved if I'd buy a cone.
    But, nothing beats, for me anyway, a drowned, bridgeless low res 306, on a 510-50 adapter, with an XL 306 drip tip, in an Empire drip shield. It wins no beauty contests. It will never impress a cloud chaser. But it delivers, in spades, on flavor and throat hit.

15. AngiBe

AngiBe Vapeaholic Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    Indy, IN
    I'm w/both of you! I just graduated to carto tanks too, barely since I only have one and waiting on the other two. BTW, I heard the Viva Novas work great on the ProVari! I may get one just to try it out.

16. The Ocelot

The Ocelot Psychopomp Verified Member ECF Veteran

I prefer carto tanks, but I use Protanks for convenience when I vape unflavored.

ETA: I'm trying to love the Hypertank, but it's very too big for me.

17. The Ocelot

The Ocelot Psychopomp Verified Member ECF Veteran

The ProVari is forgiving.

18. mackman

mackman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    NorCal
  19. Splatnext

Splatnext Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 30, 2013
    near the beach
    Well I can say my ProVaris have never bin graced by a Mini Nova.They have seen there share of Protanks and those behemoth Hypertanks on them.

20. bosun

bosun Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Here I sit in my newbie-hood, dripping with an IGO-L. I have a Boge carto charged with a Latakia juice, a Vivi Nova with Desert Ship. An Aga T2 just sitting here waiting for some juice that I like enough (or at all) that I would want to vape in it. Last 18 juice samples, ten of them are already in the give-away box. Others aren't quite in the 'meh' category, but certainly not worth writing home to momma about. I'm seeing unflavored juice as my primary vape in the future instead of throwing $$ on flavored juice..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.